Pool Treasure Found On Storage Wars . . .

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Was taking my new tv for a test drive when on Storage Wars, regular, Barry Weiss, found what he thought was a heavy brass lamp base and pole but as he began screwing it together, he realized it was one of those antique rotating cue holders.

It was a very ornate, patenized piece complete with a twisted brass center pole and griffins.

I didn't catch which billiard expert he ended up taking this piece to but it was somewhere in Cal and was a pretty big showroom, all pool related.

The expert figured it for $4500 and added that it wouldn't be hard to find a buyer for it at that price. This, of course, made Barry's day and for this episode, he was the big winner.

By the time I went up to retrieve my camera, they were done showing the cue holder but here's Barry discussing his good fortune at the end.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• new-tv.jpg
    new-tv.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,618

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I use to watch it and think it was a cool show. I think Brandi's Boobs are fake also.

I don't know that a few fallen boxes, "because they're not supposed to touch anything", counts as definitive proof. Reality TV shows are heavily edited to make them watchable. I don't care either; it's just a f***'in TV show. Go outside and play, fer chrissake.

The funny thing about the youtube video is that the guy sounds genuinely hurt, as if Storage Wars gave him hope that he may also find riches within someone's abandoned storage locker.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Thanks very much for the picture of what'shisname. Here's a picture of a really big rooster:

big rooster.jpg

There's no pool table in the picture, so it may be a little off-topic...

pj
chgo

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I think there is a certain amount of staged drama in all of the reality shows.

Pawn Stars. Most pawn shops have nothing but complete junk in them.
But oh no, Pawn Stars has some of the worlds most valuable collectables in it. The networks buys that stuff for the show.
Otherwise, who would watch a show with people bringing in skill saws and dry wall tools.

People audition for the show don't they?

I think Chumlee's tits are fake too.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
As the esteemed Joe Rogan once said, "they can't be fake if I can touch'em" (or something like that)

:grin:

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been speculated that the producers plant valuable items in order to keep the show interesting and there was at least the one editing mistake showing that the lockers have been opened previously.

The part that really shows it is completely fake is the whole story of Jarrod and Brandi always needing to get a locker or their little thrift shop store will close. They've been paid over half a million dollars by being on Storage Wars, surely that's enough to keep a thrift store running for a while...

My personal guess is that Brandi was a stripper that Jarrod met while she was working. They had the behind the scenes show and when they were asked where they met they were both very tight lipped about it.

thrash attack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Pawn Stars. Most pawn shops have nothing but complete junk in them.
But oh no, Pawn Stars has some of the worlds most valuable collectables in it. The networks buys that stuff for the show.
Otherwise, who would watch a show with people bringing in skill saws and dry wall tools.

People audition for the show don't they?

I think Chumlee's tits are fake too.

Let me call in a buddy who's an expert in fake tits before I make you an offer

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
IMHO a lot of what we see on TV as a Reality Show is Stage, Rehursed, and Scripted, for entertainment value, and rating. More rating = more cost for ads on these show.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me call in a buddy who's an expert in fake tits before I make you an offer

LMAO !!!! Good one... I'm an expert; I've had years of experience with both kinds ! the trick is being able to date them; without any makers mark we'll have to go by feel alone !

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
wow

And i have missed brandi's fake tits= end of the world:rolleyes:
sorry if my tv only gets turned on one every 6 months,
mmike

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
TV show...The Biggest Loser....what's with the crying with the contestants? Do they cry because they are fat or ugly.
LMAO !!!! Good one... I'm an expert; I've had years of experience with both kinds ! the trick is being able to date them; without any makers mark we'll have to go by feel alone !
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lg-Round-Of...al-Tin-Badge-Pin-/380369772785#ht_1137wt_1113

Last edited: