Possible To Still Buy Pre Flag Masters?

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Hi all,

Just wondering is it still possible to get the blue ones? Like email Tweetens and ask?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Hi all,

Just wondering is it still possible to get the blue ones? Like email Tweetens and ask?

go to wanted for sale forum and post that you want to buy pre flag blue.

they are usually avail there on a regular basis.

One seller who comes to mind, naturally, is Pre Flag Master.

best,
brian kc

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
go to wanted for sale forum and post that you want to buy pre flag blue.

they are usually avail there on a regular basis.

One seller who comes to mind, naturally, is Pre Flag Master.

best,
brian kc

I bought chalks from him before. Hopefully he sees this thread and PMs me. Haha.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't find any try Blue Diamond or Magic Chalk (which is actually also tough to find). I actually need to go buy up some Magic Chalk myself, love that stuff and I'm down to only a few, mostly to my son losing the stuff hehe.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If you don't find any try Blue Diamond or Magic Chalk (which is actually also tough to find). I actually need to go buy up some Magic Chalk myself, love that stuff and I'm down to only a few, mostly to my son losing the stuff hehe.

Gah!! Ground him with Silver Cup if he's losing the good stuff :(

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Threads like this make me happy I dont have chalk OCD. I'm fine with just blue master.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Some where on hear a member posted a letter or e-mail from Masters chalk saying they only changed the wrap not the chalk. Johnnyt

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member

I have the both of them. Honestly, I've never tried much chalks and I'm still using my Brunswick one for coming 3 1/2 years. I collect them.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some where on hear a member posted a letter or e-mail from Masters chalk saying they only changed the wrap not the chalk. Johnnyt

That is what they said, but it keeps coming up over and over..
If the man who makes says it is the same..

blakerandy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my original post regarding NO DIFFERENCE in pre flag and flag:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-Flag Master View Post
Yeah, that joke has been made around AZ before, but it's funny. I'm beginning to think it comes down to the moisture content originally in the chalk as it's manufactured, as well as the grittiness.

Today's Master is not as gritty as the pre-flag, and it's caky to boot. Baking it fixes the caky-ness, but doesn't help it grab more, so I'm on the fence about whether any post-manufacturing remedies are worth-while, but am willing to experiment.
I contacted Tweeten and here is their response:

"Hello Randy:

I have tired for years to put that one to bed and I just don't want to fan the flames so to speak. The bottom line is, the American Flag has nothing to do with our product other then to show pride as an American and as an American manufacturer after 9/11. What hurts my feelings is that some American somewhere started this ridicules rumor with no knowledge at all and all we wanted to do was show pride as Americans!

No one ever realizes that we continue to make both flag and non-flag Master on a random basis and I would challenge anyone to prove to me that their piece of chalk (without a flag on it) is 10 years old or 10 days old. And how come no one ever questioned Triangle...because we didn’t put a flag on it? Just absurd.

Sorry for the rant.

Cheers,
Tweeten Fibre Co., Inc.

Skip Nemecek,
President

(312) 733-7878 Phone
(312) 733-0767 Fax

The information contained in this message and any attachment may be proprietary, confidential, or subject to the work product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you."

So again from the Horses Mouth, there is no difference between pre and flag Masters.

I love it that they still label some without the flag and people think it's better.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Here is my original post regarding NO DIFFERENCE in pre flag and flag:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-Flag Master View Post
Yeah, that joke has been made around AZ before, but it's funny. I'm beginning to think it comes down to the moisture content originally in the chalk as it's manufactured, as well as the grittiness.

Today's Master is not as gritty as the pre-flag, and it's caky to boot. Baking it fixes the caky-ness, but doesn't help it grab more, so I'm on the fence about whether any post-manufacturing remedies are worth-while, but am willing to experiment.
I contacted Tweeten and here is their response:

"Hello Randy:

I have tired for years to put that one to bed and I just don't want to fan the flames so to speak. The bottom line is, the American Flag has nothing to do with our product other then to show pride as an American and as an American manufacturer after 9/11. What hurts my feelings is that some American somewhere started this ridicules rumor with no knowledge at all and all we wanted to do was show pride as Americans!

No one ever realizes that we continue to make both flag and non-flag Master on a random basis and I would challenge anyone to prove to me that their piece of chalk (without a flag on it) is 10 years old or 10 days old. And how come no one ever questioned Triangle...because we didn’t put a flag on it? Just absurd.

Sorry for the rant.

Cheers,
Tweeten Fibre Co., Inc.

Skip Nemecek,
President

(312) 733-7878 Phone
(312) 733-0767 Fax

The information contained in this message and any attachment may be proprietary, confidential, or subject to the work product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you."

So again from the Horses Mouth, there is no difference between pre and flag Masters.

I love it that they still label some without the flag and people think it's better.

Thank you. Johnnyt

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
It's funny you mentioned emailing tweeten, cuz someone did that a while ago,
and got a response directly from the president. This is what he said:

"Hello Randy:

Sorry for the rant.

Cheers,
Tweeten Fibre Co., Inc.

Skip Nemecek,
President

So, waste money if you want, but it's just regular master's chalk.

By the way, they still manufacture chalk without the US flag even to this day, for their foreign markets.
So you have to figure out if you're getting a 15 year old piece of chalk that's "pre-flag"
or a 1 year old piece of chalk that's "no-flag".
If you think 15 year old chalk goes on better or whatever, have at it.
But the formula never changed.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It's funny you mentioned emailing tweeten, cuz someone did that a while ago,
and got a response directly from the president. This is what he said:

So, waste money if you want, but it's just regular master's chalk.

By the way, they still manufacture chalk without the US flag even to this day, for their foreign markets.
So you have to figure out if you're getting a 15 year old piece of chalk that's "pre-flag"
or a 1 year old piece of chalk that's "no-flag".
If you think 15 year old chalk goes on better or whatever, have at it.
But the formula never changed.

I will be disproving your statement per my thread about science in the Main Forum. I will show you an HD photo of a current piece of Master chalk and a piece with the drilled holes from many years ago. The older piece has definite crystallization, and is consistent across the pieces I have encountered. "There is no difference" is hogwash. Materials have gotten more expensive over the years so most companies have cheapened up formulas. I will be powering my glorious rebuttal with science.