Predator Pool Table

realkingcobra

Silver Member
How many table manufacturer's can you say that about today??? If Predator cared so much about pushing their high priced lights, they'd offer a lease to own program for them as well! NOT going to see it happen!!!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you know about aluminum extruded rails??? Do YOU have any experience working on the SAM, Kim Steel pool tables, if not, then who are YOU to argue this point???
What he’s saying is you don’t know they have them either. You don’t know what they have. Until you actually get your hands on one you don’t anything more then the rest of us.

All the rkc is looking like so,done stole his balloon because thief is someone with deep pockets to compete against diamond lol

Nyquil

I had 8k cash in hand a few years ago to buy a Paragon (or Professional, I liked them both). Saw it at the DCC in person and almost pulled the trigger. I couldn't do it because of the way the rails played. I ended up buying a GC4 instead.
What size pockets are in the corners on your GC4? Just curious since I went league cut 4.75 on my diamond that is coming.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Millions upon millions of people reach there hands in that ball box daily, and don't share your complaints! Since the table design isn't going to change just for you, I'd suggest you smarten up and figure out how to get those balls out, or QUIT playing on Diamonds with your gorilla hands!!! The TABLE is not the problem, YOU are!!!
I don’t own a Diamond, but I do own a GC IV and that ball box is horrible with that little support board, or whatever it’s called running through it. Many players have hurt their hands getting the balls out.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What size pockets are in the corners on your GC4? Just curious since I went league cut 4.75 on my diamond that is coming.
They are the non modified factory 5” pockets. I wanted a home table to get loose and get in stroke with. Not torture myself. If I had gone Diamond I would have ordered the league cut pockets. 9 years later now and I don’t regret the pocket size one bit. That said, many people have the opposite opinion and want a tight home table.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
They are the non modified factory 5” pockets. I wanted a home table to get loose and get in stroke with. Not torture myself. If I had gone Diamond I would have ordered the league cut pockets. 9 years later now and I don’t regret the pocket size one bit. That said, many people have the opposite opinion and want a tight home table.
My home table has what probably is akin to "league cut" ~5" pockets. It's a hand me down from my father in law. Great for the kids but I find it does my game a dis-service. I would never go as far as something like a 4" but definitely tighter for sake of that negative feedback on otherwise missed shots.

That said, it's perfect for 14.1, which is my covid game of choice. Being able to work pockets to generate carom angles is very handy in tight areas.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don’t own a Diamond, but I do own a GC IV and that ball box is horrible with that little support board, or whatever it’s called running through it. Many players have hurt their hands getting the balls out.
That's funny, because a lot of people on AZB own Diamond tables, and I've never heard ONE of them complain about hurting their hands getting the balls out of the ball box....not ONE!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well then, why didn't you do the SMART thing and just tell Diamond if they install the Brunswick Superspeed cushions on either one of those tables, you'd buy one!!! I guarantee you, they'd have fulfilled your order, but no, you didn't ask that, because you never intended to buy one in the first place....all you're trying to do now is make yourself look good!!! I call bullshit!!!!
Ha. Ok. Whatever you say:)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, who is to say superspeed cushions on a Diamond would play like a GC? I had asked that on these forums a few years ago and no one had done it. It’s clear there is more going on than only the cushion itself. The 7’ Diamonds are just as bouncy as the 9’ Diamonds. And the 7’ don’t use the Artemis rubber. That proves it’s more than the cushion.

Maybe using Oak wood instead of softer Poplar to construct the rails is “too good”, and results in an artificially fast rebound? Idk, but whatever it is, no one seems to have gotten to the root cause of the large difference in play between a Diamond and every other Commercial table ever made in the past 50 years. Or if someone did, the change had certainly not been implemented.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nyquil, you may want to rethink your league cut 4.75" pockets. This is what I ordered on my professional that I got a little over a year ago, and it will really rattle the balls if hit hard or not perfect. As my wife and I are mid level players, and have company over to play often, with one of my wife's friends having won many state championships, we all rattle the balls quite regularly, more so than other Diamonds that we have played on with the standard 4.5" cut. I have a full workshop, so I cut some very accurate templates the other day at 141 deg to 144 deg, and my pocket angles are 143 deg, not the 141 deg advertised. Funny how when you lay the 141 deg template on the 143 deg one, the difference over the length of the cushion is 1/8", which magically comes out to the 1/4" wider pocket opening. I have called Diamond on this and they say the angle should be the same as the 4.5" pockets, so they wanted to see some pictures. We'll see what they say after seeing pictures. It's a beautiful table, that's built like a tank, and for me banks really nice, but there is always room for improvement. As a consumer, competition is a good thing. A dealer or installer will always be biased to an extent.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Nyquil, you may want to rethink your league cut 4.75" pockets. This is what I ordered on my professional that I got a little over a year ago, and it will really rattle the balls if hit hard or not perfect. As my wife and I are mid level players, and have company over to play often, with one of my wife's friends having won many state championships, we all rattle the balls quite regularly, more so than other Diamonds that we have played on with the standard 4.5" cut. I have a full workshop, so I cut some very accurate templates the other day at 141 deg to 144 deg, and my pocket angles are 143 deg, not the 141 deg advertised. Funny how when you lay the 141 deg template on the 143 deg one, the difference over the length of the cushion is 1/8", which magically comes out to the 1/4" wider pocket opening. I have called Diamond on this and they say the angle should be the same as the 4.5" pockets, so they wanted to see some pictures. We'll see what they say after seeing pictures. It's a beautiful table, that's built like a tank, and for me banks really nice, but there is always room for improvement. As a consumer, competition is a good thing. A dealer or installer will always be biased to an extent.
The miter angles are cut using a CNC machine, they don't have a program for 143 degree pocket angles, I know that for a fact. If you really want to see the difference in your league cut pockets, take a look at how much of the leather pocket is exposed at the back of the pocket facing, then compare that to a pro cut pocket. You'll see the throat of your pocket is wider than the pro cut pocket as well.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Also, who is to say superspeed cushions on a Diamond would play like a GC? I had asked that on these forums a few years ago and no one had done it. It’s clear there is more going on than only the cushion itself. The 7’ Diamonds are just as bouncy as the 9’ Diamonds. And the 7’ don’t use the Artemis rubber. That proves it’s more than the cushion.

Maybe using Oak wood instead of softer Poplar to construct the rails is “too good”, and results in an artificially fast rebound? Idk, but whatever it is, no one seems to have gotten to the root cause of the large difference in play between a Diamond and every other Commercial table ever made in the past 50 years. Or if someone did, the change had certainly not been implemented.
Sorry, but I HAVE installed Brunswick Superspeed cushions on a Diamond 7ft ProAm!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The miter angles are cut using a CNC machine, they don't have a program for 143 degree pocket angles, I know that for a fact. If you really want to see the difference in your league cut pockets, take a look at how much of the leather pocket is exposed at the back of the pocket facing, then compare that to a pro cut pocket. You'll see the throat of your pocket is wider than the pro cut pocket as well.
And for your information, plenty of the Diamond black K55 profile cushions have been installed on a lot of GCs as well, with no complaints!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ha. Ok. Whatever you say:)
Laugh all you want, but did you ASK Diamond if they'd install the Brunswick Superspeed cushions on the table you was interested in buying?? Hell no, because you wasn't really interested in buying one in the first place, that's the truth of the matter!! You'd rather just complain about something you DON'T HAVE!!!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And for your information, plenty of the Diamond black K55 profile cushions have been installed on a lot of GCs as well, with no complaints!
I disagree. Go to Drexeline Billiards in PA. They had 4 GC4 tables redone with the Diamond Black cushions about 5 years ago. And rails extended. (It’s a one pocket room). Those 4 tables bounced way more than the superspeed tables. They were ruined IMO.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Laugh all you want, but did you ASK Diamond if they'd install the Brunswick Superspeed cushions on the table you was interested in buying?? Hell no, because you wasn't really interested in buying one in the first place, that's the truth of the matter!! You'd rather just complain about something you DON'T HAVE!!!
I play on Diamonds all the time and I pay money to play on them and I travel nationally to play on them. I’d say that makes me a customer;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I play on Diamonds all the time and I pay money to play on them and I travel nationally to play on them. I’d say that makes me a customer;)
No, that just makes you somewhat of a player, that's all. A real player adapts to what ever table they play on, and don't complain about the tables they DO play on!!!!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, that just makes you somewhat of a player, that's all. A real player adapts to what ever table they play on, and don't complain about the tables they DO play on!!!!
It might also mean Diamond has no clue what they are doing with the cushion, when they are so different than all the other commercial table companies. Touché.