"Predator" tables

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Looks like they are in use right now. The top looks nice and flush. The legs look a bit funky.

jEqmHGO.png

A8fkz1Z.jpg

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Top looks amazing. Legs ugly! I'm watching now on the livestream. Rails seem to bounce perfectly:):):):)

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
I'm curious to know how they are moved and set up. I would imagine moving them in one piece (minus the legs) would be most convenient for setting them up over and over again.

Dartman

Silver Member
Predator does not make a table AFAIK.
Tournament is supposed to have Diamond tables.
Regardless, agree those legs look totally bad.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator does not make a table AFAIK.
Tournament is supposed to have Diamond tables.
Regardless, agree those legs look totally bad.
Predator sells a table with their name on it. I believe Kim Steel makes them.
Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 7.52.49 AM.png

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
To me it looks like the table is wearing bell bottom jeans and from the angle the picture is taken it looks like it is supposed to be a 3c table. Dont know why, its just what I see. :confused:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And they're 3 piece slates, each one has to be assembled from scratch, and THOSE tables have crowned slate problems that are requiring the slates to be drilled out and screwed down to the center supports....way to design a top notch pool table guys!!😅🤣

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I try telling everyone, but no one listens, there's way more to a pool table than what you see in a picture of the finished look!!! Ernesto Dominguez is setting them all up, as frustrating as it is😉

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And they're 3 piece slates, each one has to be assembled from scratch, and THOSE tables have crowned slate problems that are requiring the slates do be drilled out and screwed down to the center supports....way to design a top notch pool table guys!!

What do you mean those tables? Do you mean SAM tables in general? Three piece slates in general? These particular tables?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why “should” a tournament have a specific brand of table?
Because the longer it takes to set the tables up, depending on how many tables are being used, the more it costs. Can you imagin the time it takes to set 16 3 piece slate 9fts up for an event? The more days you take to set up the event, the more it costs.

Diamond can set up 16 9fts up in about 3 hours,with 2 workers, ready to play, before an entire 16 man crew can even think about packing in all the parts and pieces for 16 Predator 9fts, and at a fraction of the set up cost alone.

Why would anyone revert back to setting up multiple 3 piece slate 9ft table events anymore, instead of using Diamonds?