Prewiit or Tasc

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prewitt or Tasc

Looking to make a move on either a Prewitt or Tasc. Leaning toward the Tasc. I know the decision is mine but I was wondering where you guys stood and why? Thanx!

Last edited:

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I have never owned either but have shot with both. Given the choice I would take an Ivory jointed Tasc. Just my preference. Something to consider is that cues from the same maker can vary a bit in the perceived "hit". I think it's probably best to try before you buy. I play with 60 in cues so it is difficult to hit with several before I buy.

DrOnePocket

Banned
Depends on which type of Tasc! If it's a cue Pete and Pete make themself 100% and not a fs blank made elsewhere than TASC ALL THE WAY

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
I've never played with a Prewitt, but my Tascarella Hoppe plays phenomenal. It took me a while to get the right tip on it. I ended up with a medium kamui brown. The tip Pete puts on there was waaaay too hard for me. It sounded like a glass breaking when you hit the ball. It still has a Hoppe ping but not crazy like before.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never played with a Prewitt, but my Tascarella Hoppe plays phenomenal. It took me a while to get the right tip on it. I ended up with a medium kamui brown. The tip Pete puts on there was waaaay too hard for me. It sounded like a glass breaking when you hit the ball. It still has a Hoppe ping but not crazy like before.

Pete uses Le Pros. They were too hard for me as well, but then magically I got used to them. Now that's all I play with.

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A nice five ring prewitt makes a nice player and can be had under 2k on the secondary market's some with ivory joints. I have owned both and either one makes a great player. I still have a nice Mexican bocote ivory joint prewitt. Some Wednesday night come to Boston billiards in Nashua and you can hit with it. If you like the hit I'm sure you can find one for yourself.

Guy

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
Looking to make a move on either a Prewitt or Tasc. Leaning toward the Tasc. I know the decision is mine but I was wondering where you guys stood and why? Thanx!

Both are outstanding cuemakers; probably depends on the two specific cues you are looking at.

IMO, it probably would come down to the joint. I would take an ivory joint over SS. From what I have seen most of Prewitt's come with an ivory joint and Tasc is more varied.

I just like the hit of an ivory joint over an SS joint.

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
This is an easy one,both are great playing cues but the Tasc will always be a more desirable cue,if you decide you want another cue such as a Searing or Szam the Tasc will be easier to trade or sell,it's like comparing a Corvette ZR1 to a Ferrari.