Price for a SW new cue.... For Sale?

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
Hello All,

What is the market like for a brand new Southwest cue?

9 points, ebony on ebony with red veneers. A&B rings, C rings and two at the butt. Two shafts with Kamui black med tips.

What is the going price for this cue??

John

For that I would guess over 4k and prob closer to 4500

JonTravisTaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Hello All,

What is the market like for a brand new Southwest cue?

9 points, ebony on ebony with red veneers. A&B rings, C rings and two at the butt. Two shafts with Kamui black med tips.

What is the going price for this cue??

John
If you are getting it 3rd party you will pay close to 4500, INDYQ probably has had the most similar to what you are asking you might check with him. I would guess that if you got on the list with SW 10 years ago, you might get it for a couple grand less, but I am just guessing on that point...very recently I was told from a reliable source that mark up is close to 90% in the aftermarket.

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If you are getting it 3rd party you will pay close to 4500, INDYQ probably has had the most similar to what you are asking you might check with him. I would guess that if you got on the list with SW 10 years ago, you might get it for a couple grand less, but I am just guessing on that point...very recently I was told from a reliable source that mark up is close to 90% in the aftermarket.

I gotta disagree with you I've got a new cue coming from them this month and to me the mark up based on prices i'm seeing it about 33% which isn't too bad if you don't wanna wait.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
I gotta disagree with you I've got a new cue coming from them this month and to me the mark up based on prices i'm seeing it about 33% which isn't too bad if you don't wanna wait.
i never saw a 9 point with veneers
put it up here and see what you get offered
the info is guess work

but what it does tell us
there is no cue in the world as desirable as a south west cue
there is a reason for this
they are still the best

Lauri Franklin still makes cues as good or better than she did before we lost Jerry

Last edited:

Michael-Hoang

Omega Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I have a 9-pointer in the darkest Cocobolo wood that I have every seen, with triple veneers, I am not sure.

It's in mint, new condition.

I need to take some pictures and post them here.

JonTravisTaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
well you may be right...I know a guy that just got one, after 10 years, and his "hypothetical" price...he paid 1100, after market quotes on purchase was 2000, then they resell for 2500-2800...of course all this is 3rd person, so the numbers may be skewed. I am on the list for 2, and though i will post pics they wont be for sale

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
well you may be right...I know a guy that just got one, after 10 years, and his "hypothetical" price...he paid 1100, after market quotes on purchase was 2000, then they resell for 2500-2800...of course all this is 3rd person, so the numbers may be skewed. I am on the list for 2, and though i will post pics they wont be for sale

After looking around some more the mark up seems to vary between 40% to 52%. 52 being for new unused cues.. so a cue that cost $2000 in SW prices tends to be sold at $3200 while a used example seems to go for 2900-3000. Of course there are many factors such as Rings, Joint protectors, number of laminates and shafts. I'm talking your typical run of the mill SW not the fancy ones or 9 pointers. But considering that it takes away the 10 to 11 year wait it can be worth it for some people. While $3200 seems accurate i think that's a price you'd have to sit on for a bit as where at $2800 a new cue would be gone in a flash.

just my 2 cents,

f

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
Rating - 99%
104   1   0
i never saw a 9 point with veneers
put it up here and see what you get offered
the info is guess work

but what it does tell us
there is no cue in the world as desirable as a south west cue
there is a reason for this
they are still the best

Lauri Franklin still makes cues as good or better than she did before we lost Jerry

Here is one of my favorite 9 point South West cues of all time:

9ptSouthWest1.jpg

9ptSouthWest2.jpg

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
you buy a southwest for $2000,the next day its worth $3000plus

what does this say about the integrity of Laurie franklin

what does it say about the crying whiners who complain about some tiny trifle
on a cue they ordered a few months back

most people would do more like the florida pima donna who doesn't even return calls to the person at the top of his list for the last 2 years,makes couple of average cues a year and entertains the idea that he really is the best some people are finding out it doesn't pay to loan him money against a cue because that is when he no longer answers calls

i hate to mention names just now,but i would rather have a southwest anyway

Are you talking Searing or Showman? I've known Dennis for a few years and he's a great guy and this just doesn't sound like the guy I know at all...but then I knew you weren't talking about him when you said the "average" cues thing...cause there is nothing average leaving that shop....as for Showman..I emailed him three and two years ago trying to just get on his list ...i got an email back but that was it....all further emails have been ignored and when I called to inquiry about that...I was told to send an email lol...so kind of gave up on that one... Laurie is a class act all the way and so is Mike, I've also enjoyed talking with Bill Schick and Ron Thomas is pretty much the best when it comes to customer service so far in my experience. Back when I was fortunate enough to have Herceks I fould Joel to be amazing to work with...had to sell them like a moron and flipped that last one too quick so haven't heard from him in years and still feel terrible about selling that cue. But shit happens and I needed the money...but it cost me I can't ever get another one. :( at this point I'm ready to quit the "cue" game get me a nice solid player for about a thousand bucks and keep it till I die.

just my 2 cents again....

f

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
Rating - 99%
104   1   0
I've had some great experiences with cuemakers and some less than desireable experiences as well. As for the great experiences, right at the top of that list is Laurie Franklin. That lady is as classy as they come. I've been ordering cues from the SW shop for a long time. Another right on the top of that list is Joel Hercek. I feel very fortunate that I have been able to visit his shop on many occasions over the years and every time I've been there he has taken the time to talk with me and explain his cuemaking philosophy and the steps in which he takes to build a cue. I've talked with Dennis Searing several times as well and I have found he was also very willing to talk with me and explain in detail the way he goes about his craft. Top notch in my book also. I've also had the pleasure of actually being teammates with Bob Runde (KPBL City Champions 2006) and I've been to his shop many times over the years and found him to be not only a great cuemaker, but an awesome human being as well. I've also had many cues made for me by Mike Lambros and I find him to be at the top of the cuemaker list as well. These stick out as the best experiences I've had with cuemakers over the years. Like I say, there have been many more, but these were the best. There is a certain cuemaker in the sunshine state that has refused to even put me on the list, but hey that's ok. I guess I'll never own one of his cues...

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
There is a certain cuemaker in the sunshine state that has refused to even put me on the list, but hey that's ok. I guess I'll never own one of his cues...

Hmmm wonder if it's the same guy I was talking about...o well...at the end of the day...these are just toys...they are POOL CUES and while I'm a cue nerd all the way I never lose sight of that...it's nothing to get mad about when you don't or can't get your lollipop...would be cool to have one but ten other guys can make a cue like it.....i've had good experiences and meh ones....I mean look at Bill Schick making cues for 41 years and will still make a players cue...as for Gina he won't give you the time of day if you don't wanna give 5k but it's cool like i said at the end of the day its "only a pool cue" ;)

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
South West

How come you do not answer your PMs(private Message)? If your not interested in selling, then just pm customers to that fact!!!!!!