PRO ONE DVD: Answering Questions

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what do you call a system that's concrete and definitive about how to get close to the true aim, but you just have to finish the job by feel? That's what x-angle systems do, and they do it quite systematically (although I think CTE/ProOne has slipped a little in the systematic department).

The word "true" is a blanket value judgement that I don't believe is useful or warranted.

pj
chgo
Has fish on his plate, when it should be crow. Your beliefs are outdated and plain wrong.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has fish on his plate, when it should be crow. Your beliefs are outdated and plain wrong.
Do you agree with champ2107 on this subject? That it isn't a center pocket system, because knowing the precise center of the pocket isn't a necessity for all shots?

If do agree, then you agree more with PJ and me on this subject.

If you disagree, then why aren't you correcting champ2107 posts and labeling his beliefs as "outdated and plain wrong"?

champ2107

Banned
Do you agree with champ2107 on this subject? That it isn't a center pocket system, because knowing the precise center of the pocket isn't a necessity for all shots?

If you disagree, then why aren't you correcting champ2107 posts and labeling his beliefs as "outdated and plain wrong"?

JSP, why would you go ahead and write that, i have not said it isnt a center pocketing system ?????????

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JSP, why would you go ahead and write that, i have not said it isnt a center pocketing system ?????????
I gave you a chance to correct me and you didn't. So naturally I assumed you agreed with me. If you don't, here's your chance to correct me. Here's the exact exchange...

I will say this, knowing where the pocket is and location is an advantage but not a necessity for all shots. This is no big deal like you keep making it out to be and this just shows the strength of the system that on a lot of shots you do not need exact pocket location and thats whats makes this system so strong. You ok with that?
Yes, I'm okay with that if you're implying that it's not a center pocket system. After all, aiming directly at the center of the pocket is "an advantage but not a necessity for all shots."

So if you're okay saying...

The system isn't a center pocket system, but that's okay because it's not necessary to have a center pocket system for all shots.

...then I'm absolutely okay with that. We're on the exact same page now.
Anyways, so whats the weather like down there? :)
How am I supposed to know that you asking about the weather means you don't agree?

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
to cookieman:

I think you're attributing too much consciousness to these guys (cookie, champ, eezbank, pablocruz, etc. - and their cheerleader, Joey). To them this isn't about what they believe; it's about who their "enemies" are.

They're doing this entirely by "feel". :)

pj
chgo

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I think you're attributing too much consciousness to these guys (cookie, champ, eezbank, pablocruz, etc. - and their cheerleader, Joey). To them this isn't about what they believe; it's about who their "enemies" are.

pj
chgo

You're wrong about "enemies", Patrick. I don't consider you or any of the Naysayers enemies. As long as you ridicule other posters, I will probably let you know. That doesn't make you or any naysayer my enemy. That statement is a little childish in my opinion.

The NAYSAYERS HAVE BEEN DEFEATED. :D:thumbup::D

JoeyA

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your dominant eye is the left eye, does one always use that dominant eye when cutting right or left to aim at the secondary aim fractions/points on the OB? Does it tend to pull you to the wrong stance at times?

I guess that if you do your secondary aiming while standing, the dominant eye will have less effect for your legs/body are already in the correct position?

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member

pj
chgo

If we don't agree with you that makes us enemies? I think you're taking this much too serious Patrick. Drink some Houle-Aid and cheer up! ;)

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your dominant eye is the left eye, does one always use that dominant eye when cutting right or left to aim at the secondary aim fractions/points on the OB? Does it tend to pull you to the wrong stance at times?

I guess that if you do your secondary aiming while standing, the dominant eye will have less effect for your legs/body are already in the correct position?

I haven't had any issues with my dominant eye (left for me). I aim while standing for everything but very long, thin shots, for those I find I have to bend almost into shooting stance to sight the lines accurately. But that could just be me.

At this point, 6 - 8 weeks after working with this, I'm picking up the lines very quickly, just a brief second, on probably 50% of the shots, for some cuts I look for 2 or maybe 3 seconds, and for very tough shots I may look for 3 - 5 seconds. I assume that will all get faster the more I use it. I'm only conscious of the dominant eye relationship when I have to sight the long shots using the 1/8 alignment.
Scott

champ2107

Banned
I gave you a chance to correct me and you didn't. So naturally I assumed you agreed with me. If you don't, here's your chance to correct me. Here's the exact exchange...

How am I supposed to know that you asking about the weather means you don't agree?

im not impressed how your trying to twist things now, if that's what it has come down to in these discussions how can anyone take you seriously? You now seem to becoming as obsessed as Patrick Johnson and this is not a good thing!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know manual CTE is a center pocket system. I do not know how long champ has been in these discussions, but PJ has been crying the same stuff for 10 or 15 years. It's gotten old and HIS OPINIONS (pj) are plain wrong.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't believe any "breakthroughs" are necessary to understand x-angle systems like CTE/ProOne. I believe we've understood them very well since we had the first (and exactly the same) arguments about them on the internet more than ten years ago. The addition of a second reference line, pivots, and some vague instructions about how to use them has only given new life to the old idea that there's "magic" in there.

However, the second reference line has done one useful thing: it has brought alignment consistency to the forefront of discussion, which is what the "naysayers" have been "yeasaying" all these years.

pj
chgo

Who is this "we" you keep referring to in different posts? Was it 25 different guys, 50, or maybe 100? No, it has always been the same band of merry men back in the past as present (minus a couple and plus a couple to take their place unless they're posting under an alias screen name here). It has always been you Pat Johnson, Lou Figueroa, Bob Jewett, Ron Shepard, and Mike Page with a couple of loyal hangers on but you have always been the main "nayleader."

All of you blasted Hal mercilessly as he sat at home laughing so hard that you were chasing your own tails and going around in circles over something he wrote with parts left out that you didn't understand.

Hal has always taught sighting an outermost edge-- which implied that the visual offset was a variable. Those who knew and used the information well all understood this. There were very strong body alignment properties inherently built into the system then, as there is now.

The only thing that's a different tune is that now there are scores of players coming forward saying, "I dunno how it works, but I never made balls better in my entire life."

So in conclusion, you never chirped anything positive about CTE EVER other than "it helps people with feel" or "it's a placebo pill that made them pocket balls better."

I'm curious, if CTE/Pro1 gets you close--- and feel finishes the job--- I'm curious where the feel part comes in. Meaning, at what stage does the fudging occur? If a player sights the appropriate alignment exactly, offsets a 1/2 tip per Stan's instructions and then pivots the center of the tip to center ball (and the ball gets whacked in the hole), where are people fudging? The pivot offset is so small, there's no room to affect the arc to any real degree. Are they cheating the visual alignment?

I mean, if people are following Stan's instructions perfectly, wouldn't that mean everyone on the internet would be bashing balls into the rails all day? Why do you think so many players are making balls if they're following the instructions (when the instructions should result in a miss based on your synopsis of the info)? Is everyone making the same subconscious alignment adjustment or pivot adjustment? How could that be?

You should just stick to your original story that CTE is a joke, worthless, and a placebo pill (sometimes calling that a "benefit" of CTE). Reading how you're changing your tune to say there are real benefits doesn't suit you -- that's like putting whipped cream on a hotdog. If CTE were "only" an alignment system, that wouldn't necessarily increase everyone's ball pocketing--- because you'd be assuming they aligned poorly to begin with--- and I don't think you can make that assumption.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im not impressed how your trying to twist things now, if that's what it has come down to in these discussions how can anyone take you seriously?
I presented an interpretation of your thoughts. You didn't correct me. Instead, you asked me about the weather.

Okay, here is your third chance to clarify your thoughts.

If you still think it's a center pocket, please reconcile that belief with your other belief that adjustments are necessary for certain shots based on the pocket location (here and here). Do we have different definitions of what a "center pocket" system is?

Last edited:

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious, if CTE/Pro1 gets you close--- and feel finishes the job--- I'm curious where the feel part comes in. Meaning, at what stage does the fudging occur? If a player sights the appropriate alignment exactly, offsets a 1/2 tip per Stan's instructions and then pivots the center of the tip to center ball (and the ball gets whacked in the hole), where are people fudging? The pivot offset is so small, there's no room to affect the arc to any real degree. Are they cheating the visual alignment?
Good question. Maybe you can answer that yourself.

What exactly did you do in the first two shots of the last video you posted? You said the two shots had the same secondary alignments, but they obviously have two different cut angles. What did you do differently between shot one and shot two? I still have yet to hear a response to this question.

champ2107

Banned
I presented an interpretation of your thoughts. You didn't correct me. Instead, you asked me about the weather.

Okay, here is your third chance to clarify your thoughts.

If you still think it's a center pocket, please reconcile that belief with your other belief that adjustments are necessary for certain shots based on the pocket location? Do we have different definitions of what a "center pocket" system is?

its honestly no longer worth debating these things with you or Patrick Johnson anymore. I asked about the weather because i could see by your post, there is 100% nothing that can be said,shown to you on a video,posted that will stop you or Patrick Johnson in this crusade against cte and i gave up and changed the topic :)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Good question. Maybe you can answer that yourself.

What exactly did you do in the first two shots of the last video you posted? You said the two shots had the same secondary alignments, but they obviously have two different cut angles. What did you do differently between shot one and shot two? I still have yet to hear a response to this question.

Did you try it? Don't ask me--- peel yourself off your keyboard and put some time in. Post a video of you doing it, so if it doesn't work--- we can all examine why.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

"Tautology (rhetoric), using different words to say the same thing even if the repetition does not provide clarity. Tautology also means a series of self-reinforcing statements that cannot be disproved because the statements depend on the assumption that they are already correct."

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for champ2107

Hey champ2107 -

Just curious - why is your sig line "Patrick Johnson" ?????