Product testers wanted, new Jump/Break tip SURE SPC

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Hi guys,

We are the exclusive distributor for a new J/B tip, the SURE SPC.
To help introduce it into the US market we would like to send out a dozen tips to testers free of charge.

What we expect back is an honest review of the tip, written right here in this thread.

Please note that this tip cannot (or maybe put better, should not) be installed by hand,
they should be installed on a lathe.
Please note aswell we would obviously like to complete the testing asap so if you're planning on
not playing pool for the next month or so then please do not apply.

I expect I will get more then 12 applications for a free tip to test, we reserve the right to select testers
based on things like have we done business before, what's your iTrader like and how long have you
been active on the forum.

Here's a link to the tip in my webshop:
http://www.doubledavecues.com/sure-spc-tip-p-5302.html?language=en

And here's a picture of the tip and packaging:

tlCs1oG.jpg

Just in case someone is thinking we simply re-labeled G10 tips, I can asSURE you that is not the case.
Obviously the material is similar to G10 in some ways but it is quite different in others.

Look forward to the PM's with your adress info.

gr. Dave

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup:

I would love to try out your break tip.

Break tips are my specialty.

I make break tips and been selling them and break shafts for years.

:D

MrPoolZen

Rack Em!
Silver Member
Count Me In

Hi,

My name is Chad and I live in Las Vegas. I bought a Kevin Varney cue from you
and I would be happy to put your tip on one of my many jump cues.

Pm to follow.

Chad

killerstroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good afternoon Double Dave,
I would love to give your tips a try.
Thanks for the offer.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a test tip available, I'm just finishing a new break cue, and would be interested in trying one.

We're in the middle of 10 ball season, and I'd like to try yours.

Thanks

Charlie

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I can give you the PSI and Number of impacts before failure if it fails in the normal range of break speeds..

As in Version 1.0 of Taom was failing at under 50 impacts with a 27mph break... It didn't take long for the pool world to find that out on their own... Zento compared similarly to the version 1 Taom but took just over 70 impacts to shatter.....

I am not sure if this is something you are interested in but if the tips show up and start grenading the market will dry up on them fast....

The White Diamond, Sonic, Hammerhead and the normal phenolics all will live thru the normal range of break speeds but many phenolics installed as one piece tip ferrule will eventually split if the grain comes into play.....

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I can give you the PSI and Number of impacts before failure if it fails in the normal range of break speeds..

As in Version 1.0 of Taom was failing at under 50 impacts with a 27mph break... It didn't take long for the pool world to find that out on their own... Zento compared similarly to the version 1 Taom but took just over 70 impacts to shatter.....

I am not sure if this is something you are interested in but if the tips show up and start grenading the market will dry up on them fast....

The White Diamond, Sonic, Hammerhead and the normal phenolics all will live thru the normal range of break speeds but many phenolics installed as one piece tip ferrule will eventually split if the grain comes into play.....

Chris, does G10 usually split when it's installed as a tip ferrule combo?

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I'd be more than happy to try this tip as a player AND installer. Tommy D.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Chris, does G10 usually split when it's installed as a tip ferrule combo?

No it is not prone to splitting but I tend to frown on it's use on a break cue because of the damage I have seen done to the cueball using them... Their use on a jump cue however should likely be of no concern since the cue speeds are considerably lower.....

SQB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before I decided to make the tips available for everybody insteed of just using them on my own made cues, we testet it about 6 month or so.

I made some quick videos to show it off. Also here you can find some bad filmed but spontanious crazy jumps.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfg0u0HJyt2nBWNYqOqiirQ

I would be very happy if some of Daves chosen testers would film some nice breaks and jumps as well.

Thanks, have a lot of fun with the "sure SPC".

Last edited:

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
The 12 testers for the SURE SPC tip have been selected, I have gotten many more requests
for a tip then just the 12, sorry if you were not selected. The list of testers:

RFranklin
Hits 'em Hard
dontlitethat
MVPCues
poolguy4u
MrPoolZen
Dave38
Conetip
Kim Bye
greyghost
Evil8 Billiards
Tommy-D

I still need to receive a few adresses but I am sure the tips will ship on saturday.

gr. Dave

Last edited: