Pyramid Cities?

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I was watching Earl and Corey play Russian pyramids this morning and it got me to thinking is there any city in North America where this game is present? Are there any tables in the Houston Texas area? Is the Finnish variation of pyramids played anywhere?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've asked this as has others over the years. As far as me or anyone else i know of there are no pyramid tables in the US. Just no demand for it here. A commercial room is not going to install such a big, heavy table just to sit and collect dust.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Many years ago I had online communication with an individual that has one in his north Houston home but was never able to secure an invitation to try it out. There is also a forum member in Houston that has a bagatelle table.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many years ago I had online communication with an individual that has one in his north Houston home but was never able to secure an invitation to try it out. There is also a forum member in Houston that has a bagatelle table.
I am talking solely about tables open to public. There may be one or two in houses, who knows.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am talking solely about tables open to public. There may be one or two in houses, who knows.
A possibility is anywhere there are a lot of Russian (and area) immigrants. NYC? I played in a pool hall in London that had several Russian tables.

ThaydenNEK

There has to be a place in New York isn't that where Philly fingers recorded his video playing it? I doubt he flew across the country just to film a video but you never know.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Well these just got put in
IMG_4260.png

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Pyramid can be fun because it takes awhile for a ball to go in a hole.

The satisfaction is higher, however the physicality of pyramid requires a bigger and heavier player.

It would be surprising if a short small person player pyramid well.

Kelly Fisher is ideal.

JPB2

I had a problem with posting the link. A little searching resulted in Green Room Billiards in Los Angeles - Glendale. Don't know anything about it aside from what I saw on their website. Thought something in the Miami area might come up but I didn't see anything.

Flakeandrun

Not in America, but I've only found two pyramid tables in Shanghai. One in a nice restaurant, and one in someone's house. I wish there was more around to be honest, It is pretty fun to play and makes you think. It's an interesting game to play.

I often play 'Russian pool' here on a 9foot diamond. (I saw some Americans refer to it as such here on AzB forum, but actually nicknamed Philippine pool here by the Chinese and Filipino friends I play it with). Playing standard 8-ball, but the object ball is caromed off the white to be pocketed. So, has some semblance of pyramid, but not really the same thing.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching Earl and Corey play Russian pyramids this morning and it got me to thinking is there any city in North America where this game is present? Are there any tables in the Houston Texas area? Is the Finnish variation of pyramids played anywhere?
Finnish Variation is called Kaisa Billiards and pockets are slightly tighter than Russian Pyramid tables but table size is only 11ft.
played to 60 points. ( I make 70p run on that video from opening layout.. If one makes 60p from opening in official tournament play he get 500€ bonus)
Yellow 6p. Red Balls 3p and opponent white 2p.
You can get bonus points if you take a carom to another ball while pocket object ball.

Texas3cushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finnish Variation is called Kaisa Billiards and pockets are slightly tighter than Russian Pyramid tables but table size is only 11ft.
played to 60 points. ( I make 70p run on that video from opening layout.. If one makes 60p from opening in official tournament play he get 500€ bonus)
Yellow 6p. Red Balls 3p and opponent white 2p.
You can get bonus points if you take a carom to another ball while pocket object ball.
Correct me if I'm wrong please but RP tables are modified Snooker tables right?

Looks like pool table rails, not snooker rails. And they cut the pockets super tight.