Question about Southwest Cues--- Contact info?

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
hey there, a couple of questions. I hope some of the SW aficionados can help me with this. I have an 04 Southwest that I'd like to 1. Find out a little info/specs on the cue. 2: I'd love to get some jp's with matching ring work(it came with generic plain black) Anyway, can I contact SW and have them make jp's to match my ring work? Anyone have an idea how long something like that might take or approx. cost? Might even consider a new wrap if its realistic. I'm just not sure how to contact them or find out these answers.

thanks in advance.

Here's the for sale thread so you can see the ring work. I'd really like it to match and thought SW would be the best to do it. suggestions?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=153539
 
They can make matching J.P.'s but it may take a while. I think they start at $75 each?

The number is: 702-870-9615
 
702-870-9615, from the second edition of the Blue Book. I called about a year ago but don't have the number that I used handy.
Good luck!
 
First off Congratulations on a very beautiful cue. I really like the Cocobolo in that cue.

The above phone number and email address information is correct. They make joint protectors in batches. I had a set made for a cue that I used to own earlier this year. I received them in six weeks. I had just got in the batch they were going to start.

My suggestion would be to get JP's from South West. They add more value to the cue than any other person can. I am not saying anyone else could not do a spectacular job but resale will be much better from South West.

Laurie Franklin is probably the nicest person I have met in the pool industry. She is very polite and courteous. She will also get back to you very quickly. This has been my experience with her.

Congratulations once again on you cue. South West cues are very addicting. I can't to get mine, hopefully early next year.


Chris
 
Let me know if you'd ever like a matching Predator shaft for this cue.
I love building Predators for SW cues.
For the right money, I'd even do a Gen1 314.
 
thanks for all the info guys. When things slow down at the office this morning I'm going to give them a call.

CMD. that's kinda what I was thinking too. I know that Jim Baxter (among others) is totally capable of building quality jp's that would match, I just figured if SW built them, I might realize some added value if I ever sell it.

KJ. thanks for the offer but for some reason I cannot get used to any of the LD stuff. I just feel "disconnected" from my cue with those things (I've pretty much tried them all) and I know MANY people love and swear by them, I just haven't found one that feels right. Not to mention the cries of BLASPHEMY I would hear for putting a Predator shaft on a Southwest... LOL
 
Now that's what I call service!

So I called South West today and a REAL PERSON ANSWERED THE PHONE ( unusual in our day and time) on the 2nd ring. I spoke with Al, who was very pleasant and seemed happy to help. After I told him what I was looking for, he took the cue number and my information. $200.00 and a little bit of time is all it takes. Should have a perfect match for my cue in a few weeks. I know I could have found some that would have worked for less money, but I like the fact that they'll be made by SW

Thanks for the help everyone!
 
Back
Top