Railhouse Billiards: New Pool Room in Modesto, CA

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Hello,
There is a new pool room in Modesto, CA. It is called Railhouse Billiards and belong s to my friend Colin.
Has two 7' Valley tables, two 8' tables and the remaining eight tables are six 9' Olhausen Champion Pro, two 9' World of Leisure.
All tables have Simonis cloth on it and this new pool hall hosts the Modesto BCA League as well.
The food @ Railhouse Billiards is really good as well... beer, sodas, hot dogs and the specialty of the house... awesome deli style sandwiches.
The place has plenty of parking and it is located at 719 I Street, Modesto, California. I will try to post a couple of pictures later on this week.
Railhouse Billiards is super clean and has tons of memorabilia as well some video and dart machines.

Last edited:

sugeknight

I'm on a ROLL
Silver Member
awesome

Im moving back to the bay from so cal in a week and need a new room to check out.
Thanks!

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
bestkites said:
Hello,
There is a new pool room in Modesto, CA. It is called Railhouse Billiards and belong s to my friend Colin.
Has two 7' Valley tables, two 8' tables and the remaining eight tables are 9' Olhausen, World of Leisure among other know brands.
All tables have Simonis cloth on it and this new pool hall hosts the Modesto BCA League as well.
The food @ Railhouse Billiards is really good as well... beer, sodas, hot dogs and the specialty of the house... awesome deli style sandwiches.
The place has plenty of parking and it is located at 719 I Street, Modesto, California. I will try to post a couple of pictures later on this week.
Railhouse Billiards is super clean and has tons of memorabilia as well some video and dart machines.
do u have a address, phone number and contact name for the new room?

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
bfdlad said:
do u have a address, phone number and contact name for the new room?

Hello,
Did you read my post? :)
It has the name and address there. I do not have a phone number yet:
719 I Street, Modesto, California and the owner's name is Colin.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
bestkites said:
Hello,
Did you read my post? :)
It has the name and address there. I do not have a phone number yet:
719 I Street, Modesto, California and the owner's name is Colin.
Yeah, I did, I guess I need a phone number. I imagine that they are not listed yet. If you get it please let me know, thanks,
Mark,

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bestkites said:
Hello,
Has two 7' Valley tables, two 8' tables and the remaining eight tables are 9' Olhausen, World of Leisure among other know brands.

Any action guys in there? I like to play one pocket. It is a 1 1/2 hour drive for me & will come if we can set something up. John

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Modesto is a great pool city, for its size there are alot of strong players there, I played in Mo-Town from 85-90 on and off. Kim Davenport is the strongest player from there, Tinsley, Mike Mitchell, Ferroni, Audi Perez, Nick Cano, Frank Conrath Jr. and lots more, alot of A players for a small town, 30 miles north in Stockton which was bigger back then(I dont know now) had probably more players(guys that play daily) but the talent level wasnt as high, neither was the action. I hope that room does good-it should, Mike Mitchell runs the Monday night tournment at some room there and he told me its doing pretty good.

One reason that Mo-Town has more players is because I dont think they have card rooms, I could be wrong about that, its in a different county than Stockton, which has a lot of card rooms and we know what card rooms does to pool.

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
Fatboy said:
Modesto is a great pool city, for its size there are alot of strong players there, I played in Mo-Town from 85-90 on and off. Kim Davenport is the strongest player from there, Tinsley, Mike Mitchell, Ferroni, Audi Perez, Nick Cano, Frank Conrath Jr. and lots more, alot of A players for a small town, 30 miles north in Stockton which was bigger back then(I dont know now) had probably more players(guys that play daily) but the talent level wasnt as high, neither was the action. I hope that room does good-it should, Mike Mitchell runs the Monday night tournment at some room there and he told me its doing pretty good.

One reason that Mo-Town has more players is because I dont think they have card rooms, I could be wrong about that, its in a different county than Stockton, which has a lot of card rooms and we know what card rooms does to pool.

Hey Fatboy,
Just exchanged a few words with your friend Mike from Ripon. He is actually working on retiping my Bobby Hunter this weekend. I did not know you used to live in Tracy :thumbup:
You should not be to bad of a guy then ;)

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
bfdlad said:
Yeah, I did, I guess I need a phone number. I imagine that they are not listed yet. If you get it please let me know, thanks,
Mark,

Sure will Mark ;)

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
jrhendy said:
Any action guys in there? I like to play one pocket. It is a 1 1/2 hour drive for me & will come if we can set something up. John

No action as of yet. Where do you live?

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
bestkites said:
Sure will Mark ;)
Hey do you think they woukld like a visit from us to get things going out there and get more exposure? Iam going to call them tomorrow, thanks for your heads up as I have family in that part of the world and would be eager to getout there.
Mark,

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bestpoolplayer said:
You want to play some, just show up
How much do you want to play for?

Most of the players there know me. I lived in Modesto when Kim/Audie opened their room. I doubt any of the locals will play one pocket & that is all I can play anymore. I will play some races to 5 for $500. won't play a champion if you sneak one in. Doubt they would come for that little amount, but know some might be around for the golf game. John

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jrhendy said:
Most of the players there know me. I lived in Modesto when Kim/Audie opened their room. I doubt any of the locals will play one pocket & that is all I can play anymore. I will play some races to 5 for $500. won't play a champion if you sneak one in. Doubt they would come for that little amount, but know some might be around for the golf game. John

if this goes down post a date and time. i'd like to come watch