Rankings of Custom Cue Makers

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I jumped on this thread to throw Guido's name into the ring. I have an old flat-faced joint with a 3/8-10 pin cue I bought from him at a tournament in New York around 30 years ago. I sent it to him 3-4 years back to have it restored to original condition. Without question the best hitting cue I've ever held in my hands. I just emailed him yesterday to have him make another shaft for me but it would appear his email is down. Guido is a class act. My "higher end" cues are for sale... That plain old cue from Guido will be buried with me.

Do not think blight like points, Veneers, inlays make any Cue play better.

It’s foundation good materials, assembly, finial finish that make the play. Plus shaft taper & tip choice.

Bling is 💵💵💵💵, but pretty.

jgirard

Registered

It’s foundation good materials, assembly, finial finish that make the play. Plus shaft taper & tip choice.

True story... My Omen is a very pretty cue and plays great but that plain Jane Guido Orlandi just feels better. I'm going to see if Guido can make a matching LD shaft for it. I'm so used to playing with the Omen and Cynergy shaft that I miss inside english shots with the Guido cue due to squirt.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
True. But it might be interesting to revive and bring up to date. A few named on the previous lists are no longer taking orders and Dennis Dieckman passed away a few years ago. Who would be current choices for cuemakers who would take an order and actually deliver a cue some time in the future?
chris nitti
pete tascarella

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
1. Thomas Wayne
2. Thomas Wayne
3. Thomas Wayne
4. Thomas Wayne
5. Thomas Wayne
6. Thomas Wayne
7. Thomas Wayne
8. Thomas Wayne
9. Thomas Wayne
10. Thomas Wayne
11. Thomas Wayne
12. Thomas Wayne
13. Thomas Wayne
14. Thomas Wayne
15. Thomas Wayne

16-100. Thomas Wayne

101 - 102 - Thomas Wayne's only cue making friends in the cue business.
103 - no one else.

List compiled based on Thomas Wayne's aggregated postings these past 16 years or so. :)
So… how do you feel about T. Wayne. But seriously .. let’s talk Case makers. Theres a guy named John is suppose to produce the best cases.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
So… how do you feel about T. Wayne. But seriously .. let’s talk Case makers. Theres a guy named John is suppose to produce the best cases.

I will say I have one of JBCases, Customized Rugged Butterfly’s.

it like WWE’s Miz, awesom.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve Price makes the best case. Just takes a couple of years. Or more.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In couple of years I'll be in a case. Back to the best cue makers. Aside from 1st class quality ...the best are the ones that can stay close to a commitment or time frame.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Most great Cuebuilder have back long of orders.

Think many could do better job of keeping customers in loop on delivery comittments.

Wood can be unpredictable to work with as it is all different. Some Woods are easy to work with. Others are tough, and have problems from piece to piece.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

Aside from it being what your incomprehensible posting brings to the forum, what is blight? And why do you still refuse to read what you write before you press "post reply"?

Last edited: