Re:Cuetec R360 Cue

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re:Cuetec R360 Cue

Interested in opinions of and experiences with the Cuetec R360 vs other similar and comparable cues. Additionally, how it would you rate it compared to custom cues or highly regarded mass produced cues fitted with LD shafts such as OB, Predator, Jacoby Edge and others,

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
One of the best bargains available.

There is no cue that will make you a better player.

Shane Van Boening shoots with an R-360. Seems to work ok for him.

I shoot with a Joss with ivory ferrule and found the R-360 to be a little different but still easy to adjust to.

I have recomended it to friends as a good starter cue.

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never believed the cue makes the player although at times some feel better than others. I doubt I could beat Shane with any production or custom cue on the market. Just go with what feels good for your game. Try until you find a cue you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Incorrect

One of the best bargains available.

There is no cue that will make you a better player.

Shane Van Boening shoots with an R-360. Seems to work ok for him.

I shoot with a Joss with ivory ferrule and found the R-360 to be a little different but still easy to adjust to.

I have recomended it to friends as a good starter cue.

A cue will make you play better!! How can you honestly believe this is not true? If I take a nascar on track or a Audi, which will be better?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Interested in opinions of and experiences with the Cuetec R360 vs other similar and comparable cues. Additionally, how it would you rate it compared to custom cues or highly regarded mass produced cues fitted with LD shafts such as OB, Predator, Jacoby Edge and others,

The r360 is a great shaft/cue. The players Hxt that is frequently recommended on this forum feels much less solid in comparison. The cuetec has a good, solid hit and very nice performance. A Predator or OB will have lower deflection, if that is important to you. Compared to the very best cues it will not be as perfectly balanced or have the sweet, lively hit, but it will do anything those cues can. From a performance perspective it's very hard to justify buying a more expensive cue.

It has a proprietary joint, but I wouldn't buy a different shaft for it anyway. The shaft/butt work well together and the shaft can be made in different diameters. I'd get the plain ones. The more elaborate ones look "busy" and cheap. The plain janes look all business and perfectly ok.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nothing wrong with a good 360.

Get it, learn it, and then after a few years see if there's anything missing.
Doubt it but if that's the case then you can order a custom.

Shot with a 360 recently and I thought it was excellent.

The one I shot with looked like this:
https://www.seyberts.com/cuetec-cues/cuetec-snakewood-r360-13-730-pool-cue/

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Totally agree that all you need is a quality cue to learn, to become the best you need the best equipment.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't go wrong with one. Buy it from Seybert's and return/exchange if you're not satisfied. You will most likely keep it.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The R360 series has some pretty goofy designs if you ask me. They need to come up with more traditional designs. I might even buy one then.

By the way, does Cuetec still use that implex joint?

r/DCP

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Hell

They R360 series has some pretty goofy designs if you ask me. They need to come up with more traditional designs. I might even buy one then.

By the way, does Cuetec still use that implex joint?

r/DCP

I've been meaning to buy one just to ck it out. I do not believe Shane plays with one off the rack. If he does he is silly, he needs a Hatori Hanzo! Sp

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R360 a great value for less than 200.00..had the butt pured and a great hitter. a top players cue.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
A cue will make you play better!! How can you honestly believe this is not true? If I take a nascar on track or a Audi, which will be better?
If this is not tongue in cheek, I will not try to change your opinion.
My money is on Jeff Gordon in the Audi over a beginning driver in the NASCAR.

Different cues will have different characteristics. Preference is the main determining factor in choice of cue.

I have no personal knowledge of the specifics of Shane's cue. I have seen statements that it is stock.

Spend under $200 on a cuetec R-360, then take the rest of your money that a custom would have cost and invest in lessons. You will then be in a better position to know what kind of cue you will prefer. The R-360 will still have a good resale value if you decide to go the custom route later on. Plus you will be a far better player than the beginner that blew his whole budget on an expensive cue then banged balls around with the guys.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

IMO. If you're a beginner, the Cuetec R360 would be a good inexpensive cue for you to start with. You would get the experience using a good quality cue, (and LD shaft), that would serve you well as you become a better player.
What brand of cue are you using now?

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is not tongue in cheek, I will not try to change your opinion.
My money is on Jeff Gordon in the Audi over a beginning driver in the NASCAR.

Different cues will have different characteristics. Preference is the main determining factor in choice of cue.

I have no personal knowledge of the specifics of Shane's cue. I have seen statements that it is stock.

Spend under $200 on a cuetec R-360, then take the rest of your money that a custom would have cost and invest in lessons. You will then be in a better position to know what kind of cue you will prefer. The R-360 will still have a good resale value if you decide to go the custom route later on. Plus you will be a far better player than the beginner that blew his whole budget on an expensive cue then banged balls around with the guys.

You're right about Shane's cue. I asked him about the Cuetec cue he uses, and he told me it was right out of the box. I think he had a different ferrule put on the shaft.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
It takes more than one thing for perfection. Skill will always depend on the instrument, a dull blade will not give me the best cut even if the man cutting my hair has done 50'000 before. Tables and ball variables you cannot account for. I will take what I feel is best, may not be for you, and take your money.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
If I take a nascar on track or a Audi, which will be better?
I'll put my money on the Audi!:rolleyes:;)
etron-quattro.jpg

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Shane uses extensions...at the joint and an extension at the butt. I don't know if those are cuetec items or not.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been shooting with a 360 for about a year and I've liked it. Quite a solid cue. Nothing bad to say about it really. The only question I have is how to add an extension or even where to get one. I am poor at using a bridge and would rather find an extension for the butt of the cue.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I've been shooting with a 360 for about a year and I've liked it. Quite a solid cue. Nothing bad to say about it really. The only question I have is how to add an extension or even where to get one. I am poor at using a bridge and would rather find an extension for the butt of the cue.

Cuetec and it's dealers sell a 6" exsten just for the R-360 model. Screws right in.