RE-CUT Fixture

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
$45 + $4.95 USPS small flat rate Priority mail shipping.

06ed0579.jpg

cd219500.jpg

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Sold a couple, thanks. The aluminum set is for 5c collet fixtures, I have cold rolled steel sets for those chucking up on the fixture. Same price and satisfaction guaranteed.

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
tap tap way to go more greenies for you. 3 step process make em sell em deliver em.....

Craig

Newton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New twist; If I understand the picktures right-you mount these with a tennon on the forarm-which I.D do you have on your Delrin?
Planned to make my own these days and was just wondering;-)
K

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
New twist; If I understand the picktures right-you mount these with a tennon on the forarm-which I.D do you have on your Delrin?
Planned to make my own these days and was just wondering;-)
K

Sent you a PM, let me know if you need anymore info.

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
nice fixtures....can i ask why the male pc is typically made of delrin? maybe its more cost effective? maybe i'm missing something?

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice fixtures....can i ask why the male pc is typically made of delrin? maybe its more cost effective? maybe i'm missing something?

The main reason I would assume is that that piece comes closets to the cutting tool and contact would be catastrophic if the material was metal. I know that I went about .375 deep into a delrin one once.

Dick

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
The main reason I would assume is that that piece comes closets to the cutting tool and contact would be catastrophic if the material was metal. I know that I went about .375 deep into a delrin one once.

Dick

You're right Dick, mine are under 1.2 , makes it easier to make a full pass.

Newton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sent you a PM, let me know if you need anymore info.

Tried to reply PM but it seems like you had a full box:

Thanks for the info. I have been chewing on the thought of making me these since Lee poped them up here. But I thought on possibly making other versions but did not really come up with any new ways. So your idea is kind of nice where you have to make a tennon which fits inside the Delrin.
I read Dicks way of doing this long time back and I was not sure if taping the wood and then fixate with a screw was ideal. It's easier I guess but I was not sur if the forarm could come loose or not. But I guess that might be me being to carefull..

Anyway, I'll have another think throug-and thanks for sharing and helping.
Regards
K

Mc2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Replied to all PM's

I got a pm reply from you that you cleared your pm box. I sent you a pm originally to ask you to stop selling a copy of my re-cut fixture. So here it is. I am asking you to stop selling a copy of this fixture.

Jim.

Newton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what we're talking about here: Who´s copied who ???

Jim copied Lee´s (in case not what is the difference), Hangemhigh copied Jim ?

If I make my own, who's have I then copied ?

If I make my own unique design and post pictures up here to show how they are,
should I call it my property if some one are able to make the same and sell them cheaper ?

Just wondering :scratchhead: Would be kind of nice to know since any one with
a lathe could make these so where do we draw the line --------

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
I got a pm reply from you that you cleared your pm box. I sent you a pm originally to ask you to stop selling a copy of my re-cut fixture. So here it is. I am asking you to stop selling a copy of this fixture.

Jim.

Not selling a copy Jim, mine is an improvement over your and Paul Mottey's design.

Newton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got a nice PM clearifying all off this so I understand how this goes together.

I'll let the involved parties iron out any details - and I design my own.

K