Re-tipping near San Francisco

rebop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone recommend a quality workman for Moori's to be replaced on ivory ferrules near San Francisco? Peninsula preferred, but anywhere around the Bay Area for a quality job will work.

Thanks.
 
rebop said:
Anyone recommend a quality workman for Moori's to be replaced on ivory ferrules near San Francisco? Peninsula preferred, but anywhere around the Bay Area for a quality job will work....
Richard at Shoreline in Mountain View does a good job. Probably $10 if you provide your own tip. I think he has Mooris.
 
Super. As close to me as you can get.

Appreciate the recommendation.

On a side note, since it is next to impossible to test all tips and hardnesses, is Moori still at the top of most lists? Is there anything else one just has to try? Since I have two identical shafts, I can experiment a little.

Bob
 
rebop said:
... is Moori still at the top of most lists? Is there anything else one just has to try? Since I have two identical shafts, I can experiment a little.
...
I haven't had such good luck with Mooris. Right now I'm using Triangles and they work fine for me. They are said to be a lot more consistent than Le Pros.
 
Bob Jewett said:
Richard at Shoreline in Mountain View does a good job. Probably $10 if you provide your own tip. I think he has Mooris.

Richard would do a Moori for $20 with his supplying of the tip as well. I've heard only positive things about his tip work. I was to have him do mine, except his glues and my stubborn 314 just weren't working well together. Something about the Predator ferrule material.
 
Bob Jewett said:
Richard at Shoreline in Mountain View does a good job. Probably $10 if you provide your own tip. I think he has Mooris.

Richard has variety of laminated tips including Molavia tip and I think Talisman as well.
 
Re-tipping on the S.F. Peninsula

The Moori that's on my main cue now I got off eBay and then had it put on by Sequoia Billiard Supply, 280 El Camino Real, San Carlos, CA 94070, 650-571-8113.

I've had them fix & replace my last three tips, always doing a good job. I think they charged me $15 last when they put on the Moori.

-- peer
 
rebop said:
Super. As close to me as you can get.

Appreciate the recommendation.

On a side note, since it is next to impossible to test all tips and hardnesses, is Moori still at the top of most lists? Is there anything else one just has to try? Since I have two identical shafts, I can experiment a little.

Bob

............Sniper
 
rebop said:
Anyone recommend a quality workman for Moori's to be replaced on ivory ferrules near San Francisco? Peninsula preferred, but anywhere around the Bay Area for a quality job will work.

Thanks.

I know this is a little late, but I have been looking for someone in the East Bay for a while. I had Kenny Koo replace a tip for me. He's in Emeryville and Alameda. He did a great job. I recommend him. $20 for a Triangle tip. Next day turnaround.

Thanks!
RC
 
suckershot said:
except his glues and my stubborn 314 just weren't working well together. Something about the Predator ferrule material.
Have him use the "Searing" method. Cures your problem instantly. Search Searing in the cuemakers section...it was recently discussed.;) Then CA/superglue gel will work perfect.
 
Varney Cues said:
Have him use the "Searing" method. Cures your problem instantly. Search Searing in the cuemakers section...it was recently discussed.;) Then CA/superglue gel will work perfect.

Thanks for the suggestion, although since this has long passed, I don't use Predator for playing anymore. Not that I have anything against it, I just bought something else.

But as for that tip job, I gave it to a friend who has a lathe, he secured a Moori using epoxy LOL. It did work, though! And he only charged me $10.
 
Back
Top