Read This….Watch Out For This Scammer…..It’s Real!!!

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well AZ some people out there just don’t have anything else to do but try to scam people out of their money. But my personal problem is, they decided to use my AZB UserID…..wrong move!!! Twice now I’ve been contacted about something for sale or that was actually sold where they used my AZB UserID. Unfortunately one buyer saw my reputation, rolled with it and just bought the item (sad and I hated hearing about that). Luckily one of my buddies caught on to this game and informed me of the scam. So please be on the lookout for these two emails listed below and this cell phone number as the individual or possibly a dang group is scamming big time. Those whom have done business with me knows that I’m the most straight-up guy as you can get. Plus I only sell quality and also have a great reputation in the AZB action room. Please do not let whomever this is steal money!!!

happyjoejbl@gmail.com
Lairopi.Rollier@gmail.com (Used for Zelle)
928-651-9652

If you see one of these three contacts listed above in an email or text received out of the blue or a message from who knows where then don’t fall for it as it’s a straight scam!!! They will also make excuses like their mailbox is full right now and they can’t receive messages and/or they don’t use PayPal and only accept Zelle. Scam Scam!

Best of Luck AZB 👍

Last edited:

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well AZ some people out there just don’t have anything else to do but try to scam people out of their money. But my personal problem is, they decided to use my AZB UserID…..wrong move!!! Twice now I’ve been contacted about something for sale or that was actually sold where they used my AZB UserID. Unfortunately one buyer saw my reputation, rolled with it and just bought the item (sad and I hated hearing about that). Luckily one of my buddies caught on to this game and informed me of the scam. So please be on the lookout for these two emails listed below and this cell phone number as the individual or possibly a dang group is scamming big time. Those whom have done business with me knows that I’m the most straight-up guy as you can get. Plus I only sell quality and also have a great reputation in the AZB action room. Please do not let whomever this is steal money!!!

happyjoejbl@gmail.com
Lairopi.Rollier@gmail.com
928-651-9652

If you see one of these three contacts listed above in an email or text received out of the blue or a message from who knows where then don’t fall for it as it’s a straight scam!!! They will also make excuses like their mailbox is full right now and they can’t receive messages and/or they don’t use PayPal and only accept Zelle. Scam Scam!

Best of Luck AZB 👍
You can inform Google as it's their email service. Just sayin'

hank

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can inform Google as it's their email service. Just sayin'

hank
Thanks again as I really just wanted to get the word out quickly before he steals more money. These clowns are just ridiculous!!!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

happyjoejbl@gmail.com
Lairopi.Rollier@gmail.com (Used for Zelle)
928-651-9652

Best of Luck AZB 👍

How did he use your screenname? Did you give someone your credentials?

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member
How did he use your screenname? Did you give someone your credentials?
No he just decided to use my UserName: “flipmo” and per the messages I’ve read he tells people to just go and check my Rep on AZB. He’s communicating via cell phone text messages and sadly some are just falling for it and sending money via Zelle. It’s very strange as I would never do business with someone making excuses like their mailbox is full when the potential buyer asks for an email address though looks like one of the emails we’re actually receiving emails (maybe). But all of the messages I read though were cell phone texts. The scammer is just convincing people to trust him after evidently looking at my reputation on AZB. Again very sad!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
No he just decided to use my UserName: “flipmo” and per the messages I’ve read he tells people to just go and check my Rep on AZB. He’s communicating via cell phone text messages and sadly some are just falling for it and sending money via Zelle. It’s very strange as I would never do business with someone making excuses like their mailbox is full when the potential buyer asks for an email address though looks like one of the emails we’re actually receiving emails (maybe). But all of the messages I read though were cell phone texts. The scammer is just convincing people to trust him after evidently looking at my reputation on AZB. Again very sad!

Oh, so they are targeting people who post their cell numbers publicly. Hopefully people stop doing that

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The scammers wheels are always turning.

I can vouch for the real flipmo who is a good friend for many years and we’ve had plenty of big $$$ deals, always a pleasure.

Yeah, this is exactly the kind of guy the scammers want to id hijack.

Thanks for the headsup flip and sorry they are trying to mess with your good name.

Very similar thing happened to another reputable member here just a few weeks ago.

Best,
brian kc

Zip

Registered
Unfortunately I was one of the guys they got. I only posted my cell # on a few threads because to me it's so much faster to communicate. Once I realized that you can't delete a thread( maybe I'm the only one that can't figure it out) I stopped. I usually take every precaution that I can think of before sending money to someone that I have never dealt with in the past. Recently it seems like a lot of people are going away from PayPal so that wasn't a red flag for me. After I realized something didn't seem right I sent flipmo a message thru AZB. I know now I should have done this before sending the money.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this.
Perhaps we need to use a two tier security process like goog does.
PM members first to confirm?
There are just too much high-dollar items in the game to not attract thieves.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I was one of the guys they got. I only posted my cell # on a few threads because to me it's so much faster to communicate. Once I realized that you can't delete a thread( maybe I'm the only one that can't figure it out) I stopped. I usually take every precaution that I can think of before sending money to someone that I have never dealt with in the past. Recently it seems like a lot of people are going away from PayPal so that wasn't a red flag for me. After I realized something didn't seem right I sent flipmo a message thru AZB. I know now I should have done this before sending the money.
You can always edit it out.

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not uncommon.
I subscribe to a popular ham radio forum that has had this problem in the swapmeet part of the forum for quite some time.
The scammer will steal or fake an account and list things for sale to rip people off. They slightly change the real account's email address so the interested emails go to the scammer instead. Many who are not careful have lost money.

It has been largely solved by requiring a paid subscription to access the swap meet part of the forum and list for sale ads.
Additionally, it is strongly advised to ONLY use the forum's private message system to contact sellers initially.

Thrasher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same phone # contacting me, claiming they are Gambler67. Stating there must be a mixup, because it's really him. All of the same stuff. Inbox full, same phone #, very pushy, wants my zelle info.

Mobiker

A couple of thoughts.

I didn't know that you can't delete post, but you should be able to edit them to take your phone number out.

They have probably moved on to new email addresses. In the future, you can report to Google here: https://support.google.com/mail/contact/abuse. It requires some information that may be too technical for some -- you might have to ask a youngster for help.

Finally, scams are rampant and getting worse. Please change your passwords on all sites, reqularly, and never re-use passwords from site to site!

Sorry to all who lost money or reputation to these scumbags.

biker2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can this page be refreshed and put on BLAST? This person texting from 928-651-9652 almost got me today by posing as a reputable AZ Billiards member. I sought a final ID verification by AZ Billiards messaging before sending funds. This verification step saved me. Be careful of scams and this person as he is still at it.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can this page be refreshed and put on BLAST? This person texting from 928-651-9652 almost got me today by posing as a reputable AZ Billiards member. I sought a final ID verification by AZ Billiards messaging before sending funds. This verification step saved me. Be careful of scams and this person as he is still at it.
will you say what az member is impersonated?
i think he and us would like to know
thank you for the heads up on the scammers text number....(y)

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The would be slimeball scammer used my user name. Biker2 reached out in a PM to me this morning regarding said sale and I immediately got back sensing someone hacked my account or was using my name to pull one off on him as I had nothing for sale at the moment. Smart move by Biker2 to PM me. Saved him some cash.....

Members Beware - I will repeat DO NOT put your phone # in any public post. This is how these scammers work and it appears this scammer has been looking to score here on AZB in the post and was using Flipmo's handle among others.

Have a good safe weekend,

kat

taimedowne

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The would be slimeball scammer used my user name. Biker2 reached out in a PM to me this morning regarding said sale and I immediately got back sensing someone hacked my account or was using my name to pull one off on him as I had nothing for sale at the moment. Smart move by Biker2 to PM me. Saved him some cash.....

Members Beware - I will repeat DO NOT put your phone # in any public post. This is how these scammers work and it appears this scammer has been looking to score here on AZB in the post and was using Flipmo's handle among others.

Have a good safe weekend,

kat
This same person tried to scam me today claiming to be Dave-kat . I will search all of my posts and remove my number.

Reactions: bbb

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you have to be really stupid to fall for any of these scams. but of course most pool players fall into that category
it seems. as the list grows longer everyday.