realkingcobra is the man!!!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is not a converter billiards slate either...LOL

Ok, so I think I had my time line mistaken. It was a 10 foot pocket table slate, that was fitted with 3C rails and used in a pool hall as a 3C table....until it was changed back to 10 foot pocket rails and used by Earl at Steinway--but with the subrails modified to make it diamond specs as Earl requested.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ok, so I think I had my time line mistaken. It was a 10 foot pocket table slate, that was fitted with 3C rails and used in a pool hall as a 3C table....until it was changed back to 10 foot pocket rails and used by Earl at Steinway--but with the subrails modified to make it diamond specs as Earl requested.

That makes more sence.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Do you by any chance know the years that Brunswick made a 10 foot table for the Gold Crown edition? And would this be a Gold Crown 1?

It has to be a GC1 because Brunswick didn't make it available in the GC3 model, in fact the 10' Carom table discontinued in 1986. 10' Snooker table discontinued in 1988.

And I try getting people to understand, there was no such GC2, those built between 74-76 were in fact GC1's that were paint stained Rosewood instead of painted the traditional 4 available colors the GC1 was offer in. Not one single design change was made on the GC2 that didn't first appear on the GC1 model beforehand, except....the rosewood paint stain, the bronze plated feet and ball try trim....that's what makes up a GC2.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has to be a GC1 because Brunswick didn't make it available in the GC3 model, in fact the 10' Carom table discontinued in 1986. 10' Snooker table discontinued in 1988.

And I try getting people to understand, there was no such GC2, those built between 74-76 were in fact GC1's that were paint stained Rosewood instead of painted the traditional 4 available colors the GC1 was offer in. Not one single design change was made on the GC2 that didn't first appear on the GC1 model beforehand, except....the rosewood paint stain, the bronze plated feet and ball try trim....that's what makes up a GC2.

Awesome info. Thanks.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
RKC.....one of the people that makes AZ the Wikipedia of billiards.
:bow-down: