Rear loaded shaft

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for someone who would be interested in taking a shaft and adding weight to the joint end.
I want the effect of significantly forward weighting a cue for breaking (additional 2-3 ounces maybe?).
Is this feasible, and if so who would be interested in taking it on?
5/16 x 14 flat faced joint for ob break butt

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm open to anyone who wants to build a shaft, or hearing why this isn't feasible

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hae a 3/8-10 shaft that already has a weight bolt in it. I'ts over 8 oz. LOL. Find a 3/8-10 butt, and you're golden.:) It needs a tip. I can put one on for you. Thanks.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for someone who would be interested in taking a shaft and adding weight to the joint end.
I want the effect of significantly forward weighting a cue for breaking (additional 2-3 ounces maybe?).
Is this feasible, and if so who would be interested in taking it on?
5/16 x 14 flat faced joint for ob break butt

I'm more interested in what you think this will accomplish?
I'm not having a go at you, but I get alot of strange requests from players who think they can somehow cheat physics, by doing some strange modification.
Some of these requests will not only void any warranty, but will actually make their equipment unplayable.
It's the old: Be carefull what you wish for thing.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get ahold of ernie eyocues . He has done some expiementing , I saw a 7 oz. shaft one time .

Last edited:

aphelps1

Phelps Custom Cues
Silver Member
By adding 2 oz. of weight at the joint pin you will be moving the balance point of the cue forward approx. 1 inch. By finding a 1 oz heavier shaft (not one that's loaded up with weight at the joint) the balance point will move a little over and inch forward. Bottom line, it will be easier to find a heavier shaft to accomplish what you are looking to do. This is assuming your current shaft weight is below 4 oz.

FWIW,
Alan

Phelps Custom Cues

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I use a solid Ipe shaft on my breaker that I made, and it weights in at a hair over 6 ozs. It does make it forward balanced, which I like. It does make the hit stiffer also. I have a phenolic ferrule with a G10 tip on it.
I would recommend another shaft, rather than modifying the original.
Dave

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have added weight to a couple of shafts. It is not a hard thing to do. Drill an appropriate sized hole for a steel rod, put a plug on top of it.

One was for a shaft with a straight no taper of 10mm for 14" then conical to the joint. That shaft had 7oz of extra weight behind the joint threads, cue weighed about 26oz when together.

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not having a go at you, but I get alot of strange requests from players who think they can somehow cheat physics, by doing some strange modification.
Some of these requests will not only void any warranty, but will actually make their equipment unplayable.

Just looking for a forward weighted break cue shaft. I don't have a shaft currently

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just looking for a forward weighted break cue shaft. I don't have a shaft currently

Get a Pechauer break cue and remove the weight bolt. Should accomplish what you want. Or get a Mezz break cue with their Pro H shaft I believe.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member

I had a player that wanted me to put 4 stripes 3 inches long on the tip end of his shaft. i cut them in .050 in and 1/16 wide and filled them with black epoxy........they came out nice............. the next day he wanted me to take them back out..................

haha........... no can do.......... you wanted it.... you got it

Kim

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a Pechauer break cue and remove the weight bolt. Should accomplish what you want. Or get a Mezz break cue with their Pro H shaft I believe.

I have an ob break butt already, I wasn't looking to buy a whole new cue. Just a shaft. I used a friend's forward weighted breaker for a week and was impressed with it.

67tbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a solid Ipe shaft on my breaker that I made, and it weights in at a hair over 6 ozs. It does make it forward balanced, which I like. It does make the hit stiffer also. I have a phenolic ferrule with a G10 tip on it.
I would recommend another shaft, rather than modifying the original.
Dave

PM sent