Received my Pro 1/CTE DVD today

champ2107

Banned
Hi all,
Can you just ok the following.
You maintain your two visual lines and move in between the two visual lines, and with a slanted cue shaft you move in to the 1/2 tip of centre cue ball, then pivot.
Cheers :smile:

when you have the two lines in your visual. you now have the cue ball frozen in place also! there is a left and a right edge of the cue ball locked and visible at this point, you need to hold your 2 line visuals and move straight into a 1/2 tip offset of the vertical axis of the cue ball (center cue ball) its really pretty simple :) its best to ask questions in the other thread also, this thread will get flamed by a few super duper really smart guys! :thumbup:

Last edited:

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Stans straight in shots using CTE is something I thought I'd never use.
I've always had trouble getting straight in shots in the pocket. For a shot that is so simple I'd miss almost every time.
I've been using the straight in shots as described by Stans Dvd and I'm totally stunned on how beauiful this shot is for me now. Every one in the pool hall was watching as well.
Watching the examples on the Dvd looked light years ahead of what I could do but now I'm doing it.

Car2n

Watched it intently and here's what I got out of it.

A headache and a lot of information showing just how objective this "exact" aiming system is. For being an exact science there's an awful lot of things you have to learn to see and do. And they change depending on the shot angle. A and B for this one but not for this other one cutting the same direction. This thing may be the shizzle but I haven't the stamina to watch the DVD again much less try to perform it. My feeling is a person really should have personal lessons from an expert in this system to ever "get" it. Stan is trying hard to explain it in this DVD but all I am now is confused. The audio may as well as be in Greek.

Ready to pass it on down the line.

$30 anyone?
I will take the DVD for $30 if you still have it, if you still selling it PM please.

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Stans straight in shots using CTE is something I thought I'd never use.
I've always had trouble getting straight in shots in the pocket. For a shot that is so simple I'd miss almost every time.
I've been using the straight in shots as described by Stans Dvd and I'm totally stunned on how beauiful this shot is for me now. Every one in the pool hall was watching as well.
Watching the examples on the Dvd looked light years ahead of what I could do but now I'm doing it.

The straight in shot is the easiest shot, you don't need CTE to make it. Can you shoot the cueball into any pocket when nothing is in it's way? Well, a straight in shot is no different! DON'T look at the object ball when you aim...look at the center of the pocket!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bought Pro One (haven't received it yet), and was reading through some old threads.

So did the match up ever actually happen?

Not trying to stir anything up. If it isn't something either of you want to discuss, that's fine, just curious.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
The straight in shot is the easiest shot, you don't need CTE to make it. Can you shoot the cueball into any pocket when nothing is in it's way? Well, a straight in shot is no different! DON'T look at the object ball when you aim...look at the center of the pocket!

What if the shot is almost straight in? This is where CTE has an advantage, you can use the same sequence for straight in or almost straight in, it doesn't matter. I used to use the back of the pocket for straight ins as well, but more often than not they are off a bit. CTE works for any of them, I no longer have to choose a method ;)

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the CTE/Pro One DVD. Spent too much time trying to figure it out. Set up the shots in the DVD and practiced. Couldn't understand it. I asked questions from some of the members here at AZB. It helped a little bit. Finally, I gave up and chalked it up to worst money I've spent.

Picked up CJ Wiley's DVD and got a signed poster to go with it. Started using his aiming system. I'm pocketing balls now and starting to feel like I know what I am doing. Best money I've spent.

Different things work for different people. I am sure if you are smart enough to figure out the CTE/Pro One, it's probably a great system. I like KISS (keep it simple stupid).

CJ's system really works for me. I suggest if you are struggling, pick up CJ's DVD, try it and report back here. I think you will be surprised.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree, my journey over the last 18 months or so with systems confirms that. Not only my own research and practice but reading and responding to all of the aiming threads here as well.

I think there are pros and cons to even using systems, and they differ based on the skill level of the player. Not to mention the differences between the systems themselves, some more complicated or full-featured than others. Ultimately if they enhance your ability to pocket balls and increase your confidence, regardless of how they are working, I don't think it can be a bad thing, but they are certainly not for everyone.

Scott

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Agree, my journey over the last 18 months or so with systems confirms that. Not only my own research and practice but reading and responding to all of the aiming threads here as well.

I think there are pros and cons to even using systems, and they differ based on the skill level of the player. Not to mention the differences between the systems themselves, some more complicated or full-featured than others. Ultimately if they enhance your ability to pocket balls and increase your confidence, regardless of how they are working, I don't think it can be a bad thing, but they are certainly not for everyone.

Scott

I agree with you but I want to make a clarification. I think that not every system is for everyone in the sense that not everyone can gel to every system. But I think that there is not a single player alive who can't find an approach that works for them.

I think that's what you are saying as well but I wanted to clarify that it's not that that systems in general are not for everyone because I think that they are and the fundamental nature of a systematic approach to aiming is that the system is as much of a tool as a hammer is, inert and constant until someone picks it up and uses it.

I am happy when someone says that they didn't get CTE but CJ's method works for them.

The whole point for me since Hal Houle sought me out and clued me in to "aiming systems" is that they not only exist but that they work extremely well. In the intervening years all I have wanted to is to see them gain some legitimacy and for Hal to be vindicated. I believe that this is finally coming to pass due not only to the efforts of cheerleaders like me but moreso because of instructors and pro players validating and advocating them.

I personally believe that ball-to-ball methods of aiming are the nuts. Someday I would like to see them taught as standards right alongside ghost ball.

Lastly I want to make a comment about straight in shots. I too thought that you don't need an aiming system on a straight-in.

But in actual play it seems that straight-in shots are a bit harder to get down on accurately than one would assume. Using an aiming system however works amazingly well for this. But for one aspect of straight-ins I have found using an aiming system to be even more useful and that is when the object ball has to go past other balls on the way to the pocket.

For this shot it is SO EASY to be influenced by the other balls. BUT with an aiming system I get down on the shot and shoot it cleanly past the other balls as if they aren't even there. This is a HUGE weapon for me personally allowing my choices in shots to go up dramatically as I am not afraid of shots that look close anymore.

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
using CTE 11 months... to me the CD was clear and straight forward but everyone communicates differently.

9 months ago was a couple of days of lessons with Stan himself. BEST $$ and time I have ever spent. Improvement has been on a nice continual positive trajectory....

I am a fan of Stan and CTE... but I also continue to review and learn from many other sources... (the game is the teacher) :wink:

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
What if the shot is almost straight in? This is where CTE has an advantage, you can use the same sequence for straight in or almost straight in, it doesn't matter. I used to use the back of the pocket for straight ins as well, but more often than not they are off a bit. CTE works for any of them, I no longer have to choose a method ;)

If the straight in shot is a "little" bit off, I "throw" it into the pocket. In this way your aim is NO different.

I may have 10 cues...but I only have one shaft! I know what my cue will do. I think sometimes people miss because they lack the experience with their equipment. I also think they miss because they focus on the wrong element of shot execution when executing the shot. Aiming is rarely what I focus on!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I always felt if you look straight down a line, there's an illusion there somewhere depending on which eye is dominant--unless you purely accept the data from one eye without the influence of the other. That's why I shoot straight ins by looking across the line. I ignore the ball bases or pocket/ob/cb line and always look across it because it's illusion-free and perfect.

I've evolved quite a bit in identifying the CTEL-- I now always start with my visual perception on the opposite side of the CTEL and cross over to the correct side. The flip from one side to the other each and every time gives you a very accurate reading of the location of that line (which makes your secondary alignment that much easier).

Last edited:
I always felt if you look straight down a line, there's an illusion there somewhere depending on which eye is dominant--unless you purely accept the data from one eye without the influence of the other. That's why I shoot straight ins by looking across the line. I ignore the ball bases or pocket/ob/cb line and always look across it because it's illusion-free and perfect.

I've evolved quite a bit in identifying the CTEL-- I now always start with my visual perception on the opposite side of the CTEL and cross over to the correct side. The flip from one side to the other each and every time gives you a very accurate reading of the location of that line (which makes your secondary alignment that much easier).

say what? lol ;)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
say what? lol ;)

I align offset to the CB w/ the OB and pocket aligned. You're moving your eyes about an inch or two offset from dead-on is perceived. I prefer to move right since I'm left eye dominant and slide into the left edge of the CB and pivot to center. You literally can't miss unless you really stroke it terrible. Centers/bottoms/whatevers don't matter. The above is a stone-cold lock.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Mr. Spider,

Are you saying that looking at the line from one side of the line & then the other side of the line because it gives you a better perception of the actual line by taking out any possible opticle illusion of an incorrect line?

If so, that makes sense to me. It is similiar to looking at the line of a putt from behind the ball & then behind the cup, or vise versa.

Best Regards,