Red Pad on the Tiger X Ultra

Pool Player

A Padawan Learner
Silver Member
Hi all,

Would like to find out if it is a must to have the red pad cushioning the cue tip and the ferrule. What happens to the shaft when it is removed? Hit wise? Warrenty void? :O

Thanks,
Stephen
 
Not to speak for Tiger...but since Corey is at the Reno tourney...
The shaft has the Saber T ferrule which has proved very durable to me. I have installed lots & never used a pad. The pad will give some level of protection to the ferrule, but I feel its only needed on ivory ferrules. I honestly doubt you could tell any difference with pad or without....in feel or performance. I'm pretty sure its a non issue with the warranty as I've never seen anything from Tiger that says to keep the pad. The only shaft that has that rule are the OB shafts.
 
Pool Player said:
Got it. Thanks for the info :)

The pad makes the play of the cue softer.
I have one and i love a shift hard hitting stick .
With a pad it softens the hit .
Plus when the tip your use is a medium and pad it will play soft.
Put a hard tip and a pad it will play medium speed pads somtime protect the ferrule also..
 
Varney Cues said:
I'm pretty sure its a non issue with the warranty as I've never seen anything from Tiger that says to keep the pad. The only shaft that has that rule are the OB shafts.
Not true, if too much of your pad on your BK2 comes off the warranty is void. Besides if there wasnt a purpose to the pad why would Tiger put it on the shaft in the first place? i dont want to do anything to mess with the hit of that shaft.


Ben
 
What about changing tips? Are we suppose to sand a little of the red pad in order for glue to stick? Won' it get sanded off after a long period of time?
 
Bumping the old thread because I'm wondering the same.


On the Tiger shafts, this is just a weak fiber backing pad and it can be cut off when changing tips and replaced if you like. I don't even know why they have it except maybe as an impact buffer or for appearance.

On the OB shafts, it is very hard carbon fiber and should be left on. It is necessary to help protect the end wood and ferrules from cracking and splitting if the tip gets too low.

Chris
 
Last edited:
On the Tiger shafts, this is just a weak fiber backing pad and it can be cut off when changing tips and replaced if you like. I don't even know why they have it except maybe as an impact buffer or for appearance.

On the OB shafts, it is very hard carbon fiber and should be left on. It is necessary to help protect the end wood and ferrules from cracking and splitting if the tip gets too low.

Chris

You said it Chris. Saber-T can be brittle. This pad (not a must) was to insure that the ferrule did not crack under normal use.
 
Back
Top