Red Shoes Billiards

JamesV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I just wanted to say thanks to the people that mentioned Red Shoes Billiards as being a great place to play at. Today was the second time that I spent a few hours there and it won't be the last. I'm planing on making it out there a few times a week, it's about a half hour drive but for the price and tables it can't be beat.

Thanks again,
James

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
Nice place. Got to meet Jeff Carter and Glenn Rogers aka Piggy Banks a long time ago. Great place to play.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Good place to go busted

Well I just wanted to say thanks to the people that mentioned Red Shoes Billiards as being a great place to play at. Today was the second time that I spent a few hours there and it won't be the last. I'm planing on making it out there a few times a week, it's about a half hour drive but for the price and tables it can't be beat.

Thanks again,
James

You play anyone yet that plays there regularly?
Look for a tall, middle aged guy with graying dark hair.
Play him some.:eek:

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
They've been having $$$ added tourneys on Saturdays once a month, rotating between 9 ball, banks, and one-pocket. Not the largest fields in the world, but quality players.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
They've been having $$$ added tourneys on Saturdays once a month, rotating between 9 ball, banks, and one-pocket. Not the largest fields in the world, but quality players.

The next tournament set for March 6 is a straight pool tournament.
Handicapped Straight Pool Tournament
March 6, 2010
at Red Shoes Billiards
12009 S. Pulaski Road,
Alsip, IL 708 388-3700
John Lavin

12:00 p.m. Start time
$25 entry fee
Single elimination
Handicaps based on Red Shoes and Illinois Billiards Club handicaps.
Non-League players handicapped at the Tournament Director's discretion.

Bar and Kitchen open
Big Screen TV
Opens at 11:00

Nice place. Got to meet Jeff Carter and Glenn Rogers aka Piggy Banks a long time ago. Great place to play.

You can also find Bobby Hunter, Ike Runnels, Jet, Freddy the Beard, George Fels and others. Sometimes the north side guys come down, Leo Campos, Chris Gentile and during tournaments you might get a few more.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Rs

No, the 2 times I have been there I have just practiced by myself. I usually try to get there at 11 and leave by 4. It's nice to play for 5 hrs and only pay $10.

James

I am probably doing that this Saturday. Playing straight pool with Ed Latimer from 11:30 to about 6:00 for $10 apiece.

Stop over and say hi if you are there.

We have a straight pool league there on Mondays. Full at 24 now but will open up again in the Summer.

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am probably doing that this Saturday. Playing straight pool with Ed Latimer from 11:30 to about 6:00 for $10 apiece.

We have a straight pool league there on Mondays. Full at 24 now but will open up again in the Summer.

Wow that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Say hi to him from Alex if you don't mind, he probably won't remember me. Last time I was there they had just put the bar in and JZ was bragging about his burgers, lol. I know he's a gormet food guy.

I used to play with all those guys back at the original pro tyme.

JamesV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for letting me know Dennis. Don't know if I'll make it on Saturday, is that the only day you play there?

If I do stop in I will make sure to say hi.

James

JamesV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone planning on being at Red Shoes tomorrow, Friday or over the weekend? Just looking to meet a few members.

Currently I'm planning on going during the day tomorrow, 11-4.

James

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
Anyone planning on being at Red Shoes tomorrow, Friday or over the weekend? Just looking to meet a few members.

Currently I'm planning on going during the day tomorrow, 11-4.

James

Well I'll be going there tonight, probably tomorrow and Friday as well since I'm not working until Saturday this week. I'm more or a night person, but I'll see what I can do about showing up earlier.