Remind me again why?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I mean, when even the mechanics take money from people and fail to deliver, it doesn't inspire a lot of trust in the industry for outside money
I think that's the byproduct of hungry players .
If there was a real pro-tour and you could lose your pro-card for life if you dumped, you would be dumb to do it .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If there was a real pro-tour and you could lose your pro-card for life if you dumped, you would be dumb to do it .
Ahhh, now that would require organization and leadership, right? And that leadership should work through a non-profit organization as to insure there's no OUTSIDE influence over this sport, which could otherwise lead the leadership away from the goals of making sure this sport stays on the straight track to sucess....right?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
images.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sponsorship dollars should NOT be able to go into ANYONES pocket, its needs 100% accountability so we never have another Don Mackey, right!?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Now here's a question for you. Why would any player dump if they were guaranteed a minimum amount of money even if they lost their first round match of play, single elimination? If by making the list to compete, that list also guaranteed a minimum amount of pay to every player....why would any player dump? And with absolutely no knowledge of any betting on matches taking place, there would never be a reason to dump, because there would be no gain financially to do so!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why can't this sport find ANY source of sponsorship OUTSIDE of this industry???

Is it really like everyone assumes, because pool has such a bad reputation?

OR, because there's no leadership or organization involved in the sport?

OR MAYBE, because those who feel they already control this sport worldwide, would actually LOSE that control by way of sponsors, organization, and LEADERSHIP taking OVER from them, leaving them completely out the door?

How much do advertisers spend each year?

It was calculated that the total advertising expenditure in North America in 2019 amounted to 253.6 billion U.S. dollars. Due to the impact of the coronavirus on the industry, the spending is expected to fall to 236 billion dollars in 2020, and rebound to 254 billion dollars by the end of 2022

How much money is spent on advertising globally?

Last year, global ad spending slipped 3.5% to $628 billion. For 2021, however, revenue will grow 24% in the U.K. and Brazil, 23% in China and 17% in the U.S., including political advertising.Jun 14, 2021
Why?

simple

money follows audience & views. When those 2 criteria are met and the math makes sense the money is there real fast. Like gravity it works the same every where on earth.

pool sucks, nobody is watching or cares. So nobody is going to waste their money on a dead game

simple as that

i don’t like it, but that’s the hard cold truth

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why?

simple

money follows audience & views. When those 2 criteria are met and the math makes sense the money is there real fast. Like gravity it works the same every where on earth.

pool sucks, nobody is watching or cares. So nobody is going to waste their money on a dead game

simple as that

Then why is there so much viewership support outside of this country? Why do millions sign up and watch Matchroom promoted events across 14 different live streaming platforms, all subscription based? DAZN pays Matchroom for the rights to stream their events on their subscription based platform....why would they waste money in doing so....if there was NO viewers?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then why is there so much viewership support outside of this country? Why do millions sign up and watch Matchroom promoted events across 14 different live streaming platforms, all subscription based? DAZN pays Matchroom for the rights to stream their events on their subscription based platform....why would they waste money in doing so....if there was NO viewers?
not anywhere, the grass ain’t greener in Asia Europe or Russia

you may think it is, I’ll show you my passport, I been traveling the globe nonstop past 7-8 years. Believe what you will. I’ve been there, boots on the ground. Your information is from the internet

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why?

simple

simple as that

Do you know how many viewers paid to watch the 114 hours of live pool Matchroom promoted in 2020, across those 14 different live stream platforms? I do😅

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw pool onetime on tv in 2015 in Prague, B players one camera. That’s it. And occasionally snooker

realkingcobra

Silver Member
not anywhere, the grass ain’t greener in Asia Europe or Russia

you may think it is, I’ll show you my passport, I been traveling the globe nonstop past 7-8 years. Believe what you will. I’ve been there, boots on the ground. Your information is from the internet
Do you subscribe to DAZN?
I saw pool onetime on tv in 2015 in Prague, B players one camera. That’s it. And occasionally snooker
On TV? In 2015? This is 2021, lots of things in the streaming world has changed since then. You probably wasn't one of those 6 million viewers watching the World Poil Championships either, but that don't change those that did watch.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you subscribe to DAZN?
On TV? In 2015? This is 2021, lots of things in the streaming world has changed since then. You probably wasn't one of those 6 million viewers watching the World Poil Championships either, but that don't change those that did watch.
You are right glen, I’m stupid.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Point is SINCE 2015 I AINT SEEN SHIT. ZERO SINCE 2015. IF ITS SO FUCKING BIG WHY IS IT INVISIBLE.??..

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You are right glen, I’m stupid.
Just because YOU don't see it, that don't mean its not taking place.

China can’t get enough snooker as governing body announces incredible viewing figures for World Championship finale
The snooker World Championship was watched by 210 million viewers on Chinese television World Snooker said on Wednesday

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just because YOU don't see it, that don't mean its not taking place.

China can’t get enough snooker as governing body announces incredible viewing figures for World Championship finale
The snooker World Championship was watched by 210 million viewers on Chinese television World Snooker said on Wednesday
It was broadcast to than many people. Not that many watched it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It was broadcast to than many people. Not that many watched it.
Viewers in China can watch the 2021 World Snooker Championship on a range of channels and services, including CCTV China, Superstars Online, Youku, Zhibo.tv, and Now TV (Hong Kong).Apr 29, 2021

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
You want to be reminded so you can argue forever ?
Let's end the thread .
Why don't YOU REMIND us why ?