Remind me again why?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My thoughts that I have shared before: I would like to see the "ufc" approach. When I first started watching ufc in 1993, it was only LEGAL in a handful of states. Now it is a billion dollar company with multiple airings weekly on ESPN prime time.

How did they get there? I agree there needs to be ONE controlling organization, with a vocal and visible President ala Dana White, with some industry muscle in the background like the fertita brothers were for ufc.

Put the idea of a tour on hold, for now. Instead focus all marketing on 18-45 year old males. Then find that elusive, edgy TV station willing to take a chance on some reality programming.

Bring 20 of the young, talented pros together and stick them in a mansion in Vegas. Plenty of free alcohol. Two coaches...I would likely go with JJ vs. Earl...they have history.

Each week the winning coach chooses a game and match up. The editing is key, as each match has to LOOK epic on tv. You need a good producer who can really highlight the real life struggles of these players holding on to a fading way of life on the road, chasing a dollar in a pool hall.

The more fights, trash talk, broken cues, etc., the better. People love watching train wrecks.

It all culminates with live semifinal and final matches from Ceasars in Vegas. Maybe get Joe Rogan to do a live podcast from the arena...also maybe he could get some of his celebrity friends to show up so that at random times throughout the broadcast, the camera can focus on a celeb and their date out enjoying a night of pro pool.

The winner gets a championship belt, a guaranteed 6 figure contract, and sits atop the challenge pyramid where once a month pyramid challenges take place on ppv.

Build the sport and brand around the characters...the athletes...not the game itself. When the sponsorship money from dogecoin, monster energy, and RKC Blue adhesive starts rolling in, then you branch out and look at tours and such...

Alright...there's the winning formula. Ima be pi$$Ed if one of you rascals steal my idea without cutting me in on it :)
What does that do for pool around the world?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My thoughts that I have shared before: I would like to see the "ufc" approach. When I first started watching ufc in 1993, it was only LEGAL in a handful of states. Now it is a billion dollar company with multiple airings weekly on ESPN prime time.

How did they get there? I agree there needs to be ONE controlling organization, with a vocal and visible President ala Dana White, with some industry muscle in the background like the fertita brothers were for ufc.

Put the idea of a tour on hold, for now. Instead focus all marketing on 18-45 year old males. Then find that elusive, edgy TV station willing to take a chance on some reality programming.

Bring 20 of the young, talented pros together and stick them in a mansion in Vegas. Plenty of free alcohol. Two coaches...I would likely go with JJ vs. Earl...they have history.

Each week the winning coach chooses a game and match up. The editing is key, as each match has to LOOK epic on tv. You need a good producer who can really highlight the real life struggles of these players holding on to a fading way of life on the road, chasing a dollar in a pool hall.

The more fights, trash talk, broken cues, etc., the better. People love watching train wrecks.

It all culminates with live semifinal and final matches from Ceasars in Vegas. Maybe get Joe Rogan to do a live podcast from the arena...also maybe he could get some of his celebrity friends to show up so that at random times throughout the broadcast, the camera can focus on a celeb and their date out enjoying a night of pro pool.

The winner gets a championship belt, a guaranteed 6 figure contract, and sits atop the challenge pyramid where once a month pyramid challenges take place on ppv.

Build the sport and brand around the characters...the athletes...not the game itself. When the sponsorship money from dogecoin, monster energy, and RKC Blue adhesive starts rolling in, then you branch out and look at tours and such...

Alright...there's the winning formula. Ima be pi$$Ed if one of you rascals steal my idea without cutting me in on it :)
In fact, how does that bring organization and leadership to this sport?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great idea, but how does that support the top 128 Professional players in North America monthly?
It won't. Not at first. Heck even in the billion dollar ufc, many young fighters are on terrible contracts such as 15k to show and 15k win bonus....there may even be some on 10/10 contracts. They get to fight every 6-8 weeks if they are lucky.

The idea is to build the brand, with a few marketable superstars...get the water cooler talk started..
"hey did you see that pool show the other night? Some dude with a mullet got wasted and threw a cueball at some German champion...kid named Filler, or something like that. Anyway, next week they have to play 8 ball to see who gets to stay in the house and advance in the tourney!"

Build the brand, get the sponsors, pay the players...

Again, worked out great for the ufc...maybe it tanks for pool, but I would like to see it attempted.

Heck, Inkmaster followed basically THE SAME FORMULA. Do you know how many people tune in to watch an hour show about tattoos? The personalities and characters are what will sell.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does that do for pool around the world?
Why am I worried about pool around the world? Does the NFL worry about their market in Uzbekistan? Did the UFC worry about fighters in New Zealand in 2005? Nope. They built their brand first, then expanded worldwide. Start locally, THEN think globally.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why am I worried about pool around the world? Does the NFL worry about their market in Uzbekistan? Did the UFC worry about fighters in New Zealand in 2005? Nope. They built their brand first, then expanded worldwide. Start locally, THEN think globally.
So you're thinking you could get the American viewing audience to watch American players?hahahahahaha

realkingcobra

Silver Member
But maybe it would be a hit show if the house was a rehab center!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I think it would do better if I worked with Flutter Entertainment, they have 14M gamblers regularly!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Read!

According to the Nielsen Ratings System, the UFC 261 prelims, which aired on ESPN starting at 8 p.m. ET ended up with 951,000 viewers on average with a . 36 rating in the coveted 18-49 year old demographic, which was tops for all programming on Saturday.Apr 28, 2021

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, so who here read the contract that was wrote??? Did YOU read it? Have you seen a copy of the contract? If not, you're talking out your a$$!
Lmao nice try pal. Let's ask Johnnyaims or Highroller54 what they think. Luckily for the internet any prospective investor in any of your scams can type your name & "ripoff" into a google search box and see what kind of filth they are dealing with.
And FYI Vietnam ERA vets are not considered Vietnam vets, both my father and uncle served in country and are disgusted by frauds.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Lmao nice try pal. Let's ask Johnnyaims or Highroller54 what they think. Luckily for the internet any prospective investor in any of your scams can type your name & "ripoff" into a google search box and see what kind of filth they are dealing with.
And FYI Vietnam ERA vets are not considered Vietnam vets, both my father and uncle served in country and are disgusted by frauds.
You have serious issues, you should get help!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Kiss my ass!!!

Vietnam era veterans are those who served during the time of the Vietnam war but didn't set foot in the country of Vietnam. The Vietnam vet is one who was assigned within the combat zone of the country and it's surrounding waters

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Did I say served in country? No, I said I served DURING THE VIETNAM WAR! I spent over 9 years in the army, how much time did You serve a$$hole???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Kiss my ass!!!

Vietnam era veterans are those who served during the time of the Vietnam war but didn't set foot in the country of Vietnam. The Vietnam vet is one who was assigned within the combat zone of the country and it's surrounding waters
Don't disrespect my term in the service little kid!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Highroller54? Who's that? I know who was present, and who wasn't buddy, I also know about the written contract, which was never posted!!!!

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't disrespect my term in the service little kid!!!
Did I say served in country? No, I said I served DURING THE VIETNAM WAR! I spent over 9 years in the army, how much time did You serve a$$hole???
8 years jagoff. And you tried claiming yourself as a Vietnam Vet on this forum years ago. Maybe all that glue rotted your 3 brain cells you have left. You think by disappearing for a few months people just magically forget your lies and thievery? Sorry pal, it doesn't work that way.