Remind me again why?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corn-hole has gone from zero-to-100 in what, 3-4yrs??? Our resident tour blowhard has been talking the same 'my tour will save pro pool' bullshit for as long and longer. Look, your average JoeSportsFan doesn't give an airborne-copulation about pool. It will always be a niche sport played and watched by a VERY small segment of the overall sports community. People(including myself) bitch about the trolls here on AZ but the 'snake and his non-stop tour fantasy takes the gold for top-troll. Look dude, either get the "BlueGlueAmazonPizzaReview" tour started or just stfu about it. I'll gladly eat crow with extra garlic when it actually happens. Don't see that happening anytime soon if ever.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's because thats the most intelligent conversation you could possibly add, would have been better to say nothing at all, rather than show you have nothing to contribute! But, I know you didn't want to be left out😅🤣
Your system can be called “a touch of getting nothing done while calling everyone else stupid”.
You should leave the heavy lifting to the adults

Hoogaar

Registered
My thoughts that I have shared before: I would like to see the "ufc" approach. When I first started watching ufc in 1993, it was only LEGAL in a handful of states. Now it is a billion dollar company with multiple airings weekly on ESPN prime time.

How did they get there? I agree there needs to be ONE controlling organization, with a vocal and visible President ala Dana White, with some industry muscle in the background like the fertita brothers were for ufc.

Put the idea of a tour on hold, for now. Instead focus all marketing on 18-45 year old males. Then find that elusive, edgy TV station willing to take a chance on some reality programming.

Bring 20 of the young, talented pros together and stick them in a mansion in Vegas. Plenty of free alcohol. Two coaches...I would likely go with JJ vs. Earl...they have history.

Each week the winning coach chooses a game and match up. The editing is key, as each match has to LOOK epic on tv. You need a good producer who can really highlight the real life struggles of these players holding on to a fading way of life on the road, chasing a dollar in a pool hall.

The more fights, trash talk, broken cues, etc., the better. People love watching train wrecks.

It all culminates with live semifinal and final matches from Ceasars in Vegas. Maybe get Joe Rogan to do a live podcast from the arena...also maybe he could get some of his celebrity friends to show up so that at random times throughout the broadcast, the camera can focus on a celeb and their date out enjoying a night of pro pool.

The winner gets a championship belt, a guaranteed 6 figure contract, and sits atop the challenge pyramid where once a month pyramid challenges take place on ppv.

Build the sport and brand around the characters...the athletes...not the game itself. When the sponsorship money from dogecoin, monster energy, and RKC Blue adhesive starts rolling in, then you branch out and look at tours and such...

Alright...there's the winning formula. Ima be pi$$Ed if one of you rascals steal my idea without cutting me in on it :)
Not sure if this is all tongue in cheek, but honestly, this sounds f’in awesome! I would certainly tune in every week.

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why can't this sport find ANY source of sponsorship OUTSIDE of this industry???

Is it really like everyone assumes, because pool has such a bad reputation?

OR, because there's no leadership or organization involved in the sport?

OR MAYBE, because those who feel they already control this sport worldwide, would actually LOSE that control by way of sponsors, organization, and LEADERSHIP taking OVER from them, leaving them completely out the door?

How much do advertisers spend each year?

It was calculated that the total advertising expenditure in North America in 2019 amounted to 253.6 billion U.S. dollars. Due to the impact of the coronavirus on the industry, the spending is expected to fall to 236 billion dollars in 2020, and rebound to 254 billion dollars by the end of 2022

How much money is spent on advertising globally?

Last year, global ad spending slipped 3.5% to $628 billion. For 2021, however, revenue will grow 24% in the U.K. and Brazil, 23% in China and 17% in the U.S., including political advertising.Jun 14, 2021
It is all of the above. I have started entering kayak fishing tournaments. We had 68 anglers and ZERO added money. First place was $1000 for an entry fee less than $50. They paid 10% of field. 85% payback. Afterwards, there was an awards ceremony with food and a raffle. Several of the raffle prizes that were donated by businesses and manufacturers retail for nearly $200. The awards ceremony was held at a local bait shop that is a sponsor of the organization, MOYak Fishing. The guys that run it put up pics on FB afterwards and they do a recap podcast on YouTube with some of the top anglers as guests. They made sure to get pics of the guys or gals that won raffle prizes and those who cashed in tourney to post on social media and help to promote the products and businesses as well as the sport and org. They have their own website as well as a FB page and YouTube channel. They also use a page tourneyx.com that all of the kayak fishing groups use (pro and amateur) to post upcoming events and results. I have no doubt that kayak fishing will continue to grow and in fact is growing by leaps and bounds.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Your system can be called “a touch of getting nothing done while calling everyone else stupid”.
You should leave the heavy lifting to the adults
You expect me to change what the ADULTS have done to this sport overnight? Don't work like that, can't wave a magic wand and undo everything YOU ADULTS have screwed up over the last 50+ years!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Corn-hole has gone from zero-to-100 in what, 3-4yrs??? Our resident tour blowhard has been talking the same 'my tour will save pro pool' bullshit for as long and longer. Look, your average JoeSportsFan doesn't give an airborne-copulation about pool. It will always be a niche sport played and watched by a VERY small segment of the overall sports community. People(including myself) bitch about the trolls here on AZ but the 'snake and his non-stop tour fantasy takes the gold for top-troll. Look dude, either get the "BlueGlueAmazonPizzaReview" tour started or just stfu about it. I'll gladly eat crow with extra garlic when it actually happens. Don't see that happening anytime soon if ever.
3-4yrs really? Just goes to show what you know, which adds up to nothing!!
Add in the date if this article, and cornhole has been around for more than 20+ years!!!

Cornhole: The Game and Its History
Whatever its origins, the game cornhole emerged as a favorite pastime in Cincinnati about 15 years ago and soon spread like wildfire to backyards, beaches, breweries, and campgrounds across the United States, even here in the Empire State.Jun 13, 2014

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen, I'd LOVE nothing more that to see your concept flourish so the ladies and gentlemen of our great sport, most of whom have dedicated their lives pursuing excellence on the table, can make a good living or even get wealthy off their unbelievable skill. One piece of advice: SHUT UP. All of this banter ON A PUBLIC FORUM with many insults, childish retorts and other confrontational comments from you are not doing you any favors. If I were an executive of the potential title sponsor and I fell upon this thread (and others involving you), I'd run for the hills. What is on display here as well as in other threads is not befitting of someone in any leadership position, let alone a proposed non-profit with (hopefully) millions of dollars flowing through it. This reminds me of a certain past president whose positive contributions were deeply outweighed by his childish ego and the inability to quit while he was ahead. As my dad often told me: "Talk is cheap. Actions speak waaaaay louder than words". If you don't check your ego at the door and continue to cave into the nonsense on AZB, your endeavor will die before it's even born. The internet is amazing in many ways and detrimental at the same time. I wish you well and hope your vision becomes reality.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Glen, I'd LOVE nothing more that to see your concept flourish so the ladies and gentlemen of our great sport, most of whom have dedicated their lives pursuing excellence on the table, can make a good living or even get wealthy off their unbelievable skill. One piece of advice: SHUT UP. All of this banter ON A PUBLIC FORUM with many insults, childish retorts and other confrontational comments from you are not doing you any favors. If I were an executive of the potential title sponsor and I fell upon this thread (and others involving you), I'd run for the hills. What is on display here as well as in other threads is not befitting of someone in any leadership position, let alone a proposed non-profit with (hopefully) millions of dollars flowing through it. This reminds me of a certain past president whose positive contributions were deeply outweighed by his childish ego and the inability to quit while he was ahead. As my dad often told me: "Talk is cheap. Actions speak waaaaay louder than words". If you don't check your ego at the door and continue to cave into the nonsense on AZB, your endeavor will die before it's even born. The internet is amazing in many ways and detrimental at the same time. I wish you well and hope your vision becomes reality.

Fast Larry would say Fook Glen he is the problem, not the solution to anything related to fixing Pro Pool.

As I have said before I wish the guy well for trying to do something for the Pro Players, if he fails, he tried. If he succeeds hope the Pro who benefit thank the guy. March is 6 month away, Glen’s projected launch date.

As far as his table fixing, recovering let’s be diplomatic and say he has mixed reviews. Right here on AZB.😁

I have found those who are great at things are noticed, watched, studied, because they are great at doing something. They to not have to advertise, beat their chest, because folk know the greats.

Most who talk, talk, talk are like my nephew, take about do this, or that, but never takes action to move toward goals.

Agree too Glen’s oversized ego, could interfere with his success with sponsorship, and that could interfere with his game plan for Pro Pool.

When you go begging to Corporate America for money, it like going for a home loan. Bank is in charge, because it’s their money you want. Go in like you a big shot doing them a favor see what happens.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Fast Larry would say Fook Glen he is the problem, not the solution to anything related to fixing Pro Pool.

As I have said before I wish the guy well for trying to do something for the Pro Players, if he fails, he tried. If he succeeds hope the Pro who benefit thank the guy. March is 6 month away, Glen’s projected launch date.

As far as his table fixing, recovering let’s be diplomatic and say he has mixed reviews. Right here on AZB.😁

I have found those who are great at things are noticed, watched, studied, because they are great at doing something. They to not have to advertise, beat their chest, because folk know the greats.

Most who talk, talk, talk are like my nephew, take about do this, or that, but never takes action to move toward goals.

Agree too Glen’s oversized ego, could interfere with his success with sponsorship, and that could interfere with his game plan for Pro Pool.

When you go begging to Corporate America for money, it like going for a home loan. Bank is in charge, because it’s their money you want. Go in like you a big shot doing them a favor see what happens.
With all this expert advice flowing so freely from so many members here on AZB....why is pool so screwed up? All of you are fast as hell to tell me what I CAN'T do, yet not one of you can suggest what I CAN do. Not one of you can even come up with ONE decent idea to straighten out this sport, yet you feel you have the smarts to tell me what I CAN'T DO. YOUR problem is all of you think I'm the center of the attention of what I'm doing, and everything is based on ME, all of you couldn't be more wrong! I'm NOT the person bringing in the sponsors, I'm NOT the person in charge of running this sport. I'm NOT the front person in dealing with the public image of this sport! ALL of YOU think what I'm doing is all about ME, and you couldn't be more wrong!!!! I have everything to do with getting this project off the ground, yet I have NOTHING to do with managing it, or being in the public eye because of it! All I have done, is organize the right people to fulfill all the leadership roles that need to be filled in order to turn this game into a real sport, but that's where my involvement ends! So you see, this isn't about ME, as so many of you believe it is!!! When its all said and done, my name won't even be known in this sport!!!! I DON'T want to own it, I just want to FIX it, so all future players have a chance to earn a living, and a good living at that! But I won't be going down in the history books as the guy that brought organization and leadership to POOL!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just so we're clear, I'm NOT the CEO of Worldwide Soorts and Games Live! I'm NOT the VP, I'm NOT the CFO, I'm NOT the producer, I'm NOT the CEO of the advertising agency, I'm NOT the President or VP of Worldwide Soorts and Games non-profit!

But I AM however making sure no one can come in and take over the sport of pool as their own personal piggy bank, and rob the players of any more money than they already have!!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And to be clear on another subject, I'm NOT the President or one of the VP's of the World Professional Pool Players Association, but I AM making sure NO ONE plays in a sponsored event that ISN'T dues paying member FIRST!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just so we're clear, I'm NOT the CEO of Worldwide Soorts and Games Live! I'm NOT the VP, I'm NOT the CFO, I'm NOT the producer, I'm NOT the CEO of the advertising agency, I'm NOT the President or VP of Worldwide Soorts and Games non-profit!

But I AM however making sure no one can come in and take over the sport of pool as their own personal piggy bank, and rob the players of any more money than they already have!!!!
All I'm saying is, if you are in a position of influence (which it seems you are), your perceived value could come into question should the decision makers read your ramblings here on AZB. I'm not bashing you at all. Again, I'd like to see this thing succeed and I think your heart is in the right place.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Like I said, I have a meeting Aug 24/25th in Meridian, ID and all the top industry leaders are attending, so we'll see what happens then! I DON'T need ESPN, when I have a 20 year Producer from ESPN coming to the meeting! I don't need to seek sponsors when I have the CEO of one of their TOP advertising agencies coming to the meeting as well!

I've DONE my homework, have ANY OF YOU??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All I'm saying is, if you are in a position of influence (which it seems you are), your perceived value could come into question should the decision makers read your ramblings here on AZB. I'm not bashing you at all. Again, I'd like to see this thing succeed and I think your heart is in the right place.
My perceived value has NOTHING to do with this sport, as I have NO leadership role in it! I want to retire, but not until I finish what I've started!!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said, I have a meeting Aug 24/25th in Meridian, ID and all the top industry leaders are attending, so we'll see what happens then! I DON'T need ESPN, when I have a 20 year Producer from ESPN coming to the meeting! I don't need to seek sponsors when I have the CEO of one of their TOP advertising agencies coming to the meeting as well!

I've DONE my homework, have ANY OF YOU??
My perceived value has NOTHING to do with this sport, as I have NO leadership role in it! I want to retire, but not until I finish what I've started!!
If you are at the table with those individuals, there is perceived value; leadership role or otherwise.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If done right, and as I invasion it, there'll be 4 locations in the United States, each with 8 9ft Diamonds, all live streamed, supporting 4 Pro events a month, 1 One Pocket, 1 9B, 1 10B and 1 8B event ran simultaneously, in order to split the Pro players up, and all players paid a minimum of $500 for a first round loss, second place $16,000 and first place $32,000. Players can pick which event they want to play, provided they have the Fargo rate to compete, but can only play one format event per 4 months, that means they must play in all the different events to keep playing monthly. The Pros take the seeded top 32 spots, and the lower rated 32 players will be able to play a seeded pro in the first round, first round loss pays $500.