Remind me again why?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When sponsored events start taking place, you'll have 4 choices as to what you can do.

1) pay the $35.99 PPV live streaming fee and watch 8 tables live, your choice, on 2 devices.

2) pay the $5.99 monthly subscription fee, and watch all the live recorded content just like watching Netflix, video on demand.

3) pay the monthly subscription, and spend $30 on the sponsors products within 30 days of the live event, and the sponsor will pay the $30 PPV for you!

4)watch someone else's live stream, because you support pool so much!

5)don't watch at all!

But what you WON'T be doing, is watching ANY of the matches for free on Youtube!!!
So for clarification purposes, Let's say that right now you have 1000 people interested enough in pool to pay the 19.99 or whatever to Omega Billiards to watch 3 days of Shane vs. Sky or whomever. Those same 1000 people would likely be eager to pay 35.99 for your product. What is the attraction to the 99.9% of casual POOL PLAYERS who don't care if there is a pro tour, don't care if pro players get rich, and wouldn't dream of paying 40 bucks for a PPV?

In other words, in your plan, what is the growth projection. How are you getting new eyes on Yum's products?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We should all be taking a good hard look at the American Cornhole League (ACL). Their business model is working great. They control the equipment, pro status qualifications, the rules, the leagues, the weekly blind draw games, the national events, the pro tour, the ESPN footage, the video on demand footage, etc.

Cornhole was nothing more than a backyard cookout game 10 years ago. Now it's on TV all of the time with major sponsors like Pit Boss Grills.

Every tour stop is loaded full of different formats which attract all types of players, pro and amateur. They have Pro, Advanced, Competitive, and Social divisions. Each division has several formats (singles, doubles, 4 player teams, co-ed, mens, womens, seniors, blind draw partner doubles, etc.). Each tour stop takes almost a full week to complete.

They have weekly local leagues, monthly regional tournaments, monthly national tournaments, national championships, world championships, and then a bunch of small weekly blind draw tournaments. All sanctioned by the ACL which tracks your results online and gives you points for how well you finish, on top of the tournament cash.

In order to be a pro, and complete in pro events, you need to score a certain amount of points throughout the previous season for pro qualification. If you don't perform well enough, you can enter an annual pro qualifier singles tournament which is run similar to derby city classic where you get randomly paired up with opponents the field keeps getting narrowed down until there are 32 people left who all qualify.

All tournaments entries, payouts, registration, tournament listings are done electronically through the ACL's website/phone app.

I can go on and on but this getting long so I'll stop.

It's still not lucrative enough for the pros to quit their jobs and play full time but it's come a long way and the payouts are getting better every year.
You touched on a GREAT point and kept going with a great post. But let’s rewind back to the first and great point-it’s a monster!!!

It started as a “cook out game” that’s huge! Why? Lots of people at family/social gatherings who get board and need something to do,

It’s easy to build a set-up, home made bean bags work fine. $50 and you can build the whole thing. There’s no barrier to entry.

It’s easy to play, easy to understand at the cook out where you have a built in group of people. Not intimidating.

And anyone except Parkinson’s disease people can play.

How can’t this work? The cookout audience/platform is enough to launch it.

Pool takes too much time,$, effort, barrier to entry is higher. Pretty simple. Big difference

best
Fatboy

realtor1618

Registered
And right now, the advertising company coming to the meeting, represents YUM Brands, the owners of Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell!! Hope you're hungry!!! But guaranteed you'll swear you won't eat any of their products!!!

50,000+ locations world wide, in over 150 countries!!!
I hope that you’re not the one that will be delivering the sales pitch because it is probably doomed if you are. Your delivery sucks. You haven’t been able to convince too many people with your ideas and belittle most that think differently, have doubts or even have the audacity to ask questions. Potential advertisers will have many questions, doubts and might even have their own ideas. If you truly care about the game, I suggest that you have someone else deliver the pitch.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And right now, the advertising company coming to the meeting, represents YUM Brands, the owners of Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell!! Hope you're hungry!!! But guaranteed you'll swear you won't eat any of their products!!!

50,000+ locations world wide, in over 150 countries!!!
So you're saying the advertising company that does work for PepsiCo has 50,000 locations?

VaynorMedia has been doing some good work lately so hopefully it's not them you're meeting with. They don't deserve this grief.

But you're moving the market!! I own some PepsiCo and just glanced at my dash board...up almost one dollar!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So for clarification purposes, Let's say that right now you have 1000 people interested enough in pool to pay the 19.99 or whatever to Omega Billiards to watch 3 days of Shane vs. Sky or whomever. Those same 1000 people would likely be eager to pay 35.99 for your product. What is the attraction to the 99.9% of casual POOL PLAYERS who don't care if there is a pro tour, don't care if pro players get rich, and wouldn't dream of paying 40 bucks for a PPV?

In other words, in your plan, what is the growth projection. How are you getting new eyes on Yum's products?
Gotta start somewhere to prove the concept. The advertisers will see an ROI or they won't. If they do, it could springboard to mainstream media (ESPN, Bally's, etc.) and gain traction. Surely cornhole didn't start with a launch on ESPN. If there is no ROI, the project will die and join the annals of other failed pool ventures. It really is a shame the players f-ed up the Camel Pro Billiards Series. Imagine where it could be today had the players been organized and gotten out of their own way.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know lots of people who want to stand in line to go into a dark room and watch a few guys with mullets and wife beater T-shirts and tight pants play a game that is boring to watch and pay money for dumb, outdated vids. Lots of people.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Nobody is knocking you for doing something. They are knocking you for constantly starting threads just to build strawman arguements, tell us all how we don't know anything about anything and blame everyone for somehow preventing you from doing whatever it is you are doing (not sure how we are somehow in the way of a plan we don't even know much about).

If we are of no help why are you here 10 hours a day. You don't need us. I already have a job, investments and plenty of expensive hobbies. I have zero interest in getting involved in professional pool...that's why I am doing nothing about it.

Seriously...why are you here starting arguements with people who are not nearly as smart and knowledgeable as you about things nobody else is bringing up?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Read what I just posted!

Because of the viewer support world wide, not American viewers.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I know lots of people who want to stand in line to go into a dark room and watch a few guys with mullets and wife beater T-shirts and tight pants play a game that is boring to watch and pay money for dumb, outdated vids. Lots of people.
Outdated videos?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Then don't sign up, won't miss you!!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d like to stay and argue some more but I have a cornhole game at noon so I have to get ready and leave to go play that. I’ll be back later on tonight. I hope this argument is still raging on. We have made so much progress here-I’d hate to see it die out.

best
Fatboy

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Gotta start somewhere to prove the concept. The advertisers will see an ROI or they won't. If they do, it could springboard to mainstream media (ESPN, Bally's, etc.) and gain traction. Surely cornhole didn't start with a launch on ESPN. If there is no ROI, the project will die and join the annals of other failed pool ventures. It really is a shame the players f-ed up the Camel Pro Billiards Series. Imagine where it could be today had the players been organized and gotten out of their own way.
Don't need ESPN, with soonsors and a producer who worked for ESPN, and DISNEY for over 20 yesrs, doing this exact samething, we'll build our OWN live streaming, subscription based platform!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I hope that you’re not the one that will be delivering the sales pitch because it is probably doomed if you are. Your delivery sucks. You haven’t been able to convince too many people with your ideas and belittle most that think differently, have doubts or even have the audacity to ask questions. Potential advertisers will have many questions, doubts and might even have their own ideas. If you truly care about the game, I suggest that you have someone else deliver the pitch.
Why? Who else is attempting to do what I'm doing? IS there someone else?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I’d like to stay and argue some more but I have a cornhole game at noon so I have to get ready and leave to go play that. I’ll be back later on tonight. I hope this argument is still raging on. We have made so much progress here-I’d hate to see it die out.

best
Fatboy
I saw we invent CornPool. Use pool balls instead of that redneck sack . To make it our exciting , a team mate's head has to be the back wall for the hole .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
But don't worry, I have that covered!