Remind me again why?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You touched on a GREAT point and kept going with a great post. But let’s rewind back to the first and great point-it’s a monster!!!

It started as a “cook out game” that’s huge! Why? Lots of people at family/social gatherings who get board and need something to do,

It’s easy to build a set-up, home made bean bags work fine. $50 and you can build the whole thing. There’s no barrier to entry.

It’s easy to play, easy to understand at the cook out where you have a built in group of people. Not intimidating.

And anyone except Parkinson’s disease people can play.

How can’t this work? The cookout audience/platform is enough to launch it.

Pool takes too much time,$, effort, barrier to entry is higher. Pretty simple. Big difference

best
Fatboy
And don't forget, its seasonal😅

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So for clarification purposes, Let's say that right now you have 1000 people interested enough in pool to pay the 19.99 or whatever to Omega Billiards to watch 3 days of Shane vs. Sky or whomever. Those same 1000 people would likely be eager to pay 35.99 for your product. What is the attraction to the 99.9% of casual POOL PLAYERS who don't care if there is a pro tour, don't care if pro players get rich, and wouldn't dream of paying 40 bucks for a PPV?

In other words, in your plan, what is the growth projection. How are you getting new eyes on Yum's products?
Lots of people could give s shit about boxing, MMA, or auto racing, yet they still have viewers who do watch, or am I wrong?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Lots of people could give s shit about boxing, MMA, or auto racing, yet they still have viewers who do watch, or am I wrong?
Actually, MMA and boxing have a good fan base . MMA specially . That's why there are SEVERAL shows about MMA on ESPN, Fox and even on Spotify .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So for clarification purposes, Let's say that right now you have 1000 people interested enough in pool to pay the 19.99 or whatever to Omega Billiards to watch 3 days of Shane vs. Sky or whomever. Those same 1000 people would likely be eager to pay 35.99 for your product. What is the attraction to the 99.9% of casual POOL PLAYERS who don't care if there is a pro tour, don't care if pro players get rich, and wouldn't dream of paying 40 bucks for a PPV?

In other words, in your plan, what is the growth projection. How are you getting new eyes on Yum's products?
Do you think YUM brands wouldn't advertise to the masses in 150 countries, to those very people who see their adds in public, that they're the official sponsor of Professional pool, and come to their website for more information? Or do you think they'd just leave their sponsorship dollars to chance a ROI???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Actually, MMA and boxing have a good fan base . MMA specially . That's why there are SEVERAL shows about MMA on ESPN, Fox and even on Spotify .
There's almost 8 billion people on this planet, do they ALL watch Boxing and MMA? Or do a percentage of that population watch all forms entertainment?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
There's Justnum, he's got lots of ideas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
rebuilding the college interest for pool is not going to happen

getting parents to buy pool tables and teach them how to coach a player for work ethic can be expanded

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Soccer has a fan base of a little over 3 billion, the single most watched sport on this planet, are you trying to tell me that of those 3 billion viewers, they DONT WATCH anything else?? Are you trying to say there's NO VIEWERS left over to watch pool, because they're ALREADY watching OTHER forms of entertainment???

If that were the case, where on earth did CORNHOLE find their viewers?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Again, missed the point. Does EVERYONE watch MMA and BOXING, or just those who LIKE watching???
Glen, you have no college degree . You don't know sh8 about marketing .
And you actually really have no idea how big other sports are .
Fatboy got tired of telling you FACTS.
It's pointless arguing because any rebuttal to you just opens more can of worms .
Again, talk is cheap .
The people here don't need convincing .

The people you are going to talk to, need the convincing .
Take your business plan to them.
Do yourself a favor, don't take a song to them .
Take a business plan .

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, missed the point. Does EVERYONE watch MMA and BOXING, or just those who LIKE watching???
And that is the reason I used the UFC and the Ultimate Fighter in my original post. The UFC was bankrupt, on the verge of closing shop. Forresst Griffin, Stefan Bonner, and the Ultimate Fighter Reality Series on Spike TV changed everything. Due to the CASUAL fans who bought in and got hooked, they now have PPV's that routinely do over 500k PPV buys... and that is at $60 bucks a pop...

Even on the free streams of pool tourneys, I rarely see over 2k viewers. Maybe a couple of years ago when the MC streamed on ESPN 3? I am sure the streamers on here could give an accurate of buys one could expect.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

getting parents to buy pool tables and teach them how to coach a player for work ethic can be expanded
And exactly why did the attraction to play pool in college drop off???

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think YUM brands wouldn't advertise to the masses in 150 countries, to those very people who see their adds in public, that they're the official sponsor of Professional pool, and come to their website for more information? Or do you think they'd just leave their sponsorship dollars to chance a ROI???
No idea, I will certainly defer on the foreign market

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And that is the reason I used the UFC and the Ultimate Fighter in my original post. The UFC was bankrupt, on the verge of closing shop. Forresst Griffin, Stefan Bonner, and the Ultimate Fighter Reality Series on Spike TV changed everything. Due to the CASUAL fans who bought in and got hooked, they now have PPV's that routinely do over 500k PPV buys... and that is at $60 bucks a pop...

Even on the free streams of pool tourneys, I rarely see over 2k viewers. Maybe a couple of years ago when the MC streamed on ESPN 3? I am sure the streamers on here could give an accurate of buys one could expect.
Sales of streaming depends largely on the attraction to watch, how long you're expected to watch, and if you miss a portion can you come back later to watch.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

How's the magic act coming along?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JoeyInCali

Silver Member

I always thought , UFC finally having weight divisions saved it . Dana White and company were smart. The Gracies only used it to promote their dojos . The Gracies could be billionaires by now if they only had a vision . If their vision was to make UFC the next major contact sport , they would be billionaires now . But, their vision was to open up more dojos. That's why they rigged the first few events .
Then it was the Tito-Randy show.
Then Dana White happened .

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To paraphrase the Sheriff of Tombstone, "This world is just not big enough for pool and everything else."

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You
Glen, you have no college degree . You don't know sh8 about marketing .
And you actually really have no idea how big other sports are .
Fatboy got tired of telling you FACTS.
It's pointless arguing because any rebuttal to you just opens more can of worms .
Again, talk is cheap .
The people here don't need convincing .

The people you are going to talk to, need the convincing .
Take your business plan to them.
Do yourself a favor, don't take a song to them .
Take a business plan .
Know what Joey, if I want to appear to look like I've lost some weight, all I need to do is hang out with fatter people! If I want to appear to be smarter, all I have to do is hang out with smarter people too! So don't you or Fatboy worry your selves any, I have that covered. But guess what, with ALL THE SMART PEOPLE out there, I took someone DUMB like me to get together a room full of the smartest people I know of, in each area of expertise to put this business plan together! So, don't f#&king think for one minute I'm just a dumb pool table mechanic!!!! Diamond and Simonis will be at the meeting too, how does that grab you, by the BALLS!!!