Replacing rubber rails ... what adhesive works best ?

Gman***

Going with Tour edition K66 , I have heard of different types of adhesives , my biggest concern is during the install , if I should need to tweak the rubber or simply put , remove the new rubber , what adhesive would you suggest ?

mike807

I've used LePage contact cement every time I've done it, but following in case anyone suggests anything better. Maybe some kind of epoxy?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Tablemaker

Registered
F200 spray contact adhesive
1621027922636.png

Gman***

I've used LePage contact cement every time I've done it, but following in case anyone suggests anything better. Maybe some kind of epoxy?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks ! I’ve heard of lepage somewhere in my search , one suggestion is weld wood mfg by dap , then the latest is Barges contact cement that I just watched Doug Jiles use on his YouTube channel Creative restoration. Thanks

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know the answer myself, but was fascinated first time i watched the AE Schmidt video that they appear to use titebond yellow glue.
It's shown in a couple of their videos.

Would not have imagined it would stick well to rubber, but on second thought, it is about the best glue for formica, (way better than contact, but of course much slower & requires a press for formica)

In video above, gluing the rubber on starts at 11:05. Some description.

Video below, brief view of brushing yellow glue/fitting rubber at 1:04ish

smt

realkingcobra

Silver Member
3M-10 ScotchWeld
Use on cushions and also cloth.
I pioneered FB10 in this industry back in 1983, before anyone even knew what it was. I was the one that introduced it to Diamond and Simonis both, a long time ago. But though it had 5 great things about it, it also had 11 negatives. The glue I designed still has those 5 great things about it, but I also changed the 11 negatives as well, turning out a much better adhesive for the billiards industry.

The problem with all your choices of glue just goes to show you found something YOU can work with, but you have no idea how you choice of glue stacks up with the best on the market, because you're DRIVERS, and not professionals, who do this for a living.