Replacing Tips

CarlB

Formerly AfghanBilliards
Silver Member
Ok, I am just asking out of curiosity.

What type of glue works best for replacing Tips on Cues.

ALSO, If your tip breaks, cracks, falls off, during a match. Is there a quicker, temporary, solution that will get you through the rest of the match?

Thanks.

Carl B

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
Ant super glue or super glue gel
as for mis-haps carry a second shaft

CarlB

Formerly AfghanBilliards
Silver Member
Ant super glue or super glue gel
as for mis-haps carry a second shaft
Carrying a second shaft is always the best option however dont some tournaments consider breaking your cue down as forfeit of the match? or am I thinking of an older rule or practice?

Stephenstill05

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in a situation as you have described, it would be perfectly acceptable to switch shafts.
I saw once a player using his playing cue to break and he broke the shaft completely. he asked the official and was allowed to switch shafts no problem(although the cue ball rolled off of one of the shards of wood and the official called this a foul, seemed sort of odd to me. not sure how that ruling works)

tipman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tip reccomendations

Howdy I'm told that loctite super glue, gel or any other loctite super glue but preferably the type made in Ireland is the best , howsome ever I think as the other guys said any of the super glue will work in a pinch. Also I think the extra shaft is a good idea. Just call time and explain the situation before you break down your cue.

Remember as Chuck always sez keep your head down and keep on shooting

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
A lot of people put too much of any type of glue on...leading to failure. Even Elmers wil work OK if it's put on right and the surfaces are prepared right. Johnnyt