Reputable table shippers/movers

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone recommend a good shipping company for pool tables? The quotes I got from some are ludicrous and much more than I remember in my experience.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yes im trying to get an 8ftet moved from dc to Houston ive got a few decent quotes of up to 400 on uship but no one's yet to tske the job

One quoted 3k , like its a damn car or something

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes im trying to get an 8ftet moved from dc to Houston ive got a few decent quotes of up to 400 on uship but no one's yet to tske the job

One quoted 3k , like its a damn car or something
$400 sounds low to me. It will cost you +/- $250 just get it disassembled, all parts wrapped/boxed up, slate crated, and prepared for shipping, unless you've already got it to that point. But even if you do, it still sounds like a low price quote. Just make sure that includes insurance!

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking 400 is way low for tear down, pack and ship across country, then to setup at the destination. If you hire good table mechanics at both ends to pack/setup and you are just wanting to pay freight on a 1300 lbs table then 400 might get you that portion of the move, but sounds like you guys are wanting the entire process done by professional table mechanics. In that case I would think it should be very expensive for a cross country move. It’s going to take two guys who are properly trained a few days, possibly a week, or so, to do all the travel to and from. The overhead is hotel, gas and food for two skilled mechanics who will likely be hauling with them thousands of dollars worth of tools and machinery to properly setup the table. Their time and effort demand a fair wage. It’s no small task when done properly. Far too often we overlook what all is involved in projects like this and complain about the prices. I to have been guilty of this.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Nope just lookin to have it moved
Dont need for a professional table mechanic to do so
Dont need it crated
Mine is sitting disassembled in a garage

Moving company is all i need
Just relisted it on uship

I can do the setup well enough for myself
It aint rocket science

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
$400 sounds low to me. It will cost you +/- $250 just get it disassembled, all parts wrapped/boxed up, slate crated, and prepared for shipping, unless you've already got it to that point. But even if you do, it still sounds like a low price quote. Just make sure that includes insurance!

Insurance yes good tip thanks

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Nope just lookin to have it moved
Dont need for a professional table mechanic to do so
Dont need it crated
Mine is sitting disassembled in a garage

Moving company is all i need
Just relisted it on uship

I can do the setup well enough for myself
It aint rocket science

Moving companies and shipping companies are two different things. No shipping company is going to transport a pool table not created, and no moving company will either, and both will require the table be Professionally crafted, and insured.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I created one up and had Forward Air ship it right to my front door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk