Rest in Peace, Rude Dog

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
My condolences to his family. I met him and played him when I played in CA (Hardtimes). He was a kind person - good guy.

Tarantula

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny was my friend

JAM said:
I am saddened to read this horrible news. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Here is a picture I took of John (left) when we all here at AzBilliards Discussion Forum sent him to the U.S. Open in 2004, standing with Don Purdman (right). John really did have a wonderful time at the U.S. Open that year, hanging out with all his pool buddies and forum friends.

May you rest in peace, John!

JAM
Thanks for the pic JAM. Johnny was a long-time friend from Hard Times. We hung out every day at this Open. I am still sad to have lost him. I am glad to know many people miss him and appreciated his kindness.
Rest in peace, Amigo! You are missed... :(

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does anyone have any more pics of da Dog? Man i miss him, I was talking to Tang Hoa about the good times me and John had, Tang didnt know he passed away until I told him a week ago.

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
This is the first I have heard of this. I feel like I have just been kicked in the gut. I can't believe I haven't seen this until just now. John was one of my favorite posters because he was always very candid in his comments. I unfortunately never got the chance to meet him.

It makes me proud to be part of a forum that contributed to him being able to go the US Open and experience one of the best times of his all too short life.

We've lost some great members on this forum in the last few years.

Rest in Peace John.

jkjerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am so sorry to hear of Rude Dog (aka John Morton)!

I only met him at the U.S. Open but he was really a nice guy who loved the game of pool.

We will miss him very much.

Rest in Peace RD!

Cindi and Jerry

Here is a pic that I got of him playing in that very U.S. Open.

Attachments

• DSC02861b.JPG
    DSC02861b.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 198

Tarantula

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jkjerry said:
I am so sorry to hear of Rude Dog (aka John Morton)!

I only met him at the U.S. Open but he was really a nice guy who loved the game of pool.

We will miss him very much.

Rest in Peace RD!

Cindi and Jerry

Here is a pic that I got of him playing in that very U.S. Open.
Great pic, thanks! :)

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, horrible news! I have been away from the game the last two years and only check in here on occasion. I was one of the contributors go send Rude Dog to the Open. I felt really good to help him go there. I remember him from Hard Times close to 20 years ago, he was just starting out. His game shot up reallly fast and was playing against the best players very quckly.
RIP Rude Dog. You will be missed.

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
I was going through cleaning out my PM box....(been a while) and found this quote from the one and only.

Rude Dog said:
Maybe you're not a cussing man, but if you are, throw a couple "FUKK YOU'S" in there when you're in a flame war, it really hits the spot. peace, John.

From the late John "Rude Dog" Morton.

pbat2751

BRKNRUN said:
I was going through cleaning out my PM box....(been a while) and found this quote from the one and only.

Maybe you're not a cussing man, but if you are, throw a couple "FUKK YOU'S" in there when you're in a flame war, it really hits the spot. peace, John.

From the late John "Rude Dog" Morton.

You had to love that east cost vocabulary with that west cost delivery.

RIP

Kerry Impson

Former player
Silver Member
Man, I don't check AZB as often as I should, I guess -- first I've heard of this! What horrible news. :( I didn't know John personally, but from his posts he seemed to truly be a good guy. How wonderful that thanks to the generosity of AZB posters, he was able to play at the US Open.

My sincere condolences to his family.