Rest in Peace, Rude Dog

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
That is horrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP, my friend!

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
That iz bad news. Real bad. I will miss the Rude D.

{Wuz he still banned from here?}

Brian

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
Happier times this is the J. Morton I loved:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=35246

man this is the 3rd friend i've lost in the past 2 months. We had so much fun, I awalys remember him saying when he was behind in a match"I just have to find a way to win", and he usuially did. He was a great come back from behind player than a front runner,

Thanks for posting the link, he sure did sound like a fun guy. We lose too many of them.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
JAM said:
I am saddened to read this horrible news. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Here is a picture I took of John (left) when we all here at AzBilliards Discussion Forum sent him to the U.S. Open in 2004, standing with Don Purdman (right). John really did have a wonderful time at the U.S. Open that year, hanging out with all his pool buddies and forum friends.

May you rest in peace, John!

JAM
That's a great picture JAM and it looks like they're having a good time. I try to live one day at a time and not worry about small things because you just don't know what the future holds. Thanks Tina for the information.

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am very sad to hear this. My heart goes out to all of his family and friends. He had such a great sense of humor. Truly a jewel in the rough. I am honored to have been one of his friends on this forum. RIP John.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
I didn't know him, but I got a sense of who he was through his posts here on AZ. Seemed to be a well grounded, down to earth, honest, fun-loving guy, and I appreciated his humor and insight. My prayers are with your family and your spirit, John. RIP.

Purdman

Banned
Rest In Peace My Friend

When I think of John I remember how grateful he was to be selected as the Az US Open sponsored player. John was like a kid in a candy store. He had it rather rough the few years before and really deserved the break. I spent five days with John. He put his foot in the Atlantic ocean for the first time, got to enjoy some Purdy Virginia hospitality with my wife Susan and myself. We played cut throat and hit the Blues On the Beach festival.
John ate, drank and had one of the best weeks of his life because a few strangers who had a game in common cared enough to contribute. I thank you all and I thank you for my friend John "Rude Dog" Morton.
PEACE BRO, Purdman

I have several pictures I will post when I find them.
Thanks JAM, that one got me going.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like so many others, I will miss your wit, sarcasm and love of life, John.

Rest in peace.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a bit of a shock to hear this.

Rude Dog has been good company around here for a long time. From his posts and some PM communications he showed himself to be a top bloke, and someone I'm sure I would have enjoyed having a few drinks and games with.

RIP big fella, we'll miss you!

Sincerest sympathies to his family and close friends.

Colin

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
My heartfelt condolences go out to RD's family. I did not know the man behind the posts, but always got a kick out of his input.

I was at a funeral and wake last week, and had a lot of time to reflect on life and death. It is a difficult, yet somehow sublime, thing when you can see a life in its entirety.

It is a wake-up call for most of us, because we really blast through most days without taking time to live in the moment. I have had some extreme "in-the-moment" times since my son was born. I had one experience in the last year that was so amazing and I woke my mind up and deliberately made myself aware and in the moment... it was just sharing some time with my son, who was 22 months old... we were playing on the beach and as we were leaving, he was in my arms and I turned around and we looked back over the beach and he said "Nice beach!" since "nice" was his first adjective, then he put his hand to his mouth and blew kisses and said goodbye to the beach with his eyes wide and mouth wide open in a grin as the wind blew his hair back. Just the look on his face... and to share in his pure joy at just being there... It was the most beautiful experience of my life. We picked up my wife from work, my son fell asleep in the back seat and I cried for at least an hour as I was driving home.

So, I agree with the other posters: don't take anything for granted and try to live in the moment as much as possible. Truly enlightened people, like monks, live more "in the moment" than not, but we are the reverse of them. Try to enjoy every experience, even when you are having a tough day. Just enjoy the chance to fight through a difficult situation.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good bye Johnny, you are missed - you did it your way.
It's not how long you live, but what you did while you were - you enjoyed it all.

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
This is so sad to hear. He was too young.

My prayers are with his family.

Barbara

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
John Morton

girlwon1 said:
On May 12th of an apparant heart attack Johnny Morton AKA Rude Dog passed away. He was 40 years old. For those of you who have been around Hardtimes for awhile, or here at AZ, he was a staple back in the day. If you are interested in further info about memorial service etc. contact his sister Charlotte at charvock@sbcglobal.net .

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Tina Pawloski

Thank you , Brook, for this information.

Tina,
Thanks for posting this.

Rude Dog was liked by many people on AZ, even though some of us had never met him, he was like family, at least like AZ Family and forum members know where I am coming from.

Rude Dog entertained us with his wit and fun posts. He was known as a guy who spoke his mind and was a good contributor to AZ.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends......

RIP - Rude Dog -

JoeyA

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Though I did not know John very well, I was aquainted with him about 16-17 years ago at Hard Times. He was one of the players I looked up to at the time.

I am sorry to hear of this loss and extend my condolences to all of his family and friends.

He was certainly too young to go.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this. His wit and color will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family.

Southpaw