Rest in Peace, Rude Dog

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
We used to talk on messenger some nights and I learned a lot of things from him. I hope there are a bunch of pool tables up there for him! We will all miss you John!

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
There was a sign posted in Vegas by the AZB room on Saturday when we stopped by. I just couldn't believe it. It makes one of his last posts even more poignant:

Farewell everyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just struck out but I went down swinging. To all the players trying to improve your game, good luck. Ask questions, take the advice from those that are qualified to give it and practice, practice, practice.

To the players in the I.P.T., good luck. I'll see some of you out there at a tournament some day.

Peace to everyone, John Morton.​

I loved his humor, his candor and his love for the game. He will be missed so much. It was way too early for him to check out. My hearfelt condolences go out to his family. Keep swinging, John.

Here is a T-shirt pic I sent to John a while back, knowing he would love it.

Attachments

• Rude Dog 3 lg (Medium).jpg
    Rude Dog 3 lg (Medium).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 299

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Holy crap, I remember John from the old Varsity days when him and Jan used to work there. He will be sorely missed, what a shame to be taken so early. Rest in peace John.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I remember the early Rude Dog posts. He was an instant superstar when he came forward and discussed his past. He was very straightforward and upfront about his life. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet him. Like a lot of other A-Zers, I put in a small donation to help sponsor him at the U.S. open.

Life threw a lot of bad rolls at Rude Dog, but there were some good times too. He was truly one of the most loved and liked posters on A-Z, and I understand he was a great player too.

Rest in peace, John.

Chris

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
A sad day indeed. A straight shooter in many ways. RIP John.

Thanks for posting the pictures folks.

Dave

S

Scottster

What terrible news. I pray the Lord above will bless his family with the courage and peace to carry them through this time of loss.

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Way too young, and such a great spirit, I will take that "find a way to win" quote to heart.
If there is a heaven it has to have a pool table!

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
Forty is way too young to pass away like that.

But, you never can tell. I recall when I was a kid, my mom told me that my dentist (who was 35 at the time) had had a heart attack. Fortunately he recovered.

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
I haven't spoke to Bobalou since Vegas, as he was the one who was in contact with John's sister, but I suspect it could have been related to the blood clot in his leg (he was diagnosed with DVT). He had been told that the blood clot could break loose and make its way to his heart. Even knowing this, I was caught way off guard when I heard the news in Vegas. There's always that surreal feeling whenever a friend passes away. I'm sure I can speak for all of us who knew John when I say that we will miss him very much.