Rest in Peace, Rude Dog

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Man, that's awful. I hate to hear about this. I never met the guy but always thought if I get the chance to meet him at an event I would like to. He seemed like someone I would really get along with.

I hope the people close to him can find peace right now. God Bless.

KingCarom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R.I.P Rude Dog.

We PM'd a few times about various topics or posts and he seemed like one of the good guys.

Bill Yards, you hit it right on the head with your post. It's the smallest, simplest moments in life that can change us the most. I'm glad to hear you have come to that realization in your life.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
What terrible news and my gosh....so young. He and his family are in our thoughts and prayers tonight. May John rest in peace.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
I haven't spoke to Bobalou since Vegas, as he was the one who was in contact with John's sister, but I suspect it could have been related to the blood clot in his leg (he was diagnosed with DVT). He had been told that the blood clot could break loose and make its way to his heart. Even knowing this, I was caught way off guard when I heard the news in Vegas. There's always that surreal feeling whenever a friend passes away. I'm sure I can speak for all of us who knew John when I say that we will miss him very much.

Jimmy,

This is the first time I've even heard of DVT, (Deep Vein Thrombosis). The victim's are prone to blood clotting for whatever reason, probably genetic but much of it physical reasons including being overweight, smoking, even sitting on long flights. The blood can clot at any time, usually occurs in the leg or calf, and the clot can break loose and travel to the lung, which then blocks the pulmonary artery (leading to the heart), causing a heart attack. Treatments include anticoagulants to prevent the formation, but these won't dissolve existing clots.

This is clearly a dangerous condition. Thanks for making us aware of it.

Chris

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
My first reaction is DAMN!!!! Now, I have read all the posts oh here and I am so saddened to tears.

I knew John from the early days at Hard Times in 1988 and 89. He was THE rising young star of the California pool scene, better than the other coming youngster named Tang. I was a bit taken aback by his large size and RUDE DOG T-shirt. What and who was this I thought. But he had a lovely game and was cool under pressure so I was impressed.

We became friends and he played all the big events at Hard Times back then that attracted World class fields. John fell on some hard times of his own due to some bad choices, but he never complained about his consequences, and always kept the same upbeat attitude. I was so happy to reconnect with John on azbilliards. Thank you Mike for that.

Wherever you are John, just know that I love you and miss you. I will never forget your huge smile and great sense of humor. My condolences to his family and Jimmy Mendoza his best friend.

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a passing acquaintence with him at Hard Times. He had a larger than life presence about him both in person and online here. My condolences to the family and loved ones.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not been on line for a few days and just now heard of John's passing. Though I did not know John personally, he did get my vote as AZ's player rep. I enjoyed John's posts and sense of humor. God rest his soul.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
What a shock. I thought he was a very honest, straightforward guy. He sent me some nice pm's to a few of my posts, and I appreciated that.

I'm in beautiful Arizona now, not far from the north rim of the Grand Canyon, not far from where he lived. I'll think of him as I enjoy the scenery of this beautiful country.

Rest in Peace.

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rest in peace Rude Dog I have enjoyed your posts and human spirit it's amazing how many people you have affected who haven't even met you in person. Your spirit will live on especially at AZB. Philw

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sad news indeed - sorry to hear it. thank you girlwon for sharing the news.

9balllvr

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is such tragic news, 40 years old is far too young. I never had the opportunity to meet John but I talked to him quite a bit through PM's and it wasn't hard to tell that he was one hell of a guy.

My condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace buddy.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
TATE said:
Jimmy,

This is the first time I've even heard of DVT, (Deep Vein Thrombosis). The victim's are prone to blood clotting for whatever reason, probably genetic but much of it physical reasons including being overweight, smoking, even sitting on long flights. The blood can clot at any time, usually occurs in the leg or calf, and the clot can break loose and travel to the lung, which then blocks the pulmonary artery (leading to the heart), causing a heart attack. Treatments include anticoagulants to prevent the formation, but these won't dissolve existing clots.

This is clearly a dangerous condition. Thanks for making us aware of it.

Chris

After several transatlantic flights in 2002 & then starting to have leg pain I was worried about DVT. However mine seems to be a mix of tendonitis & varicose veins with a few injured feet & knees thrown in for good measure. I'm not happy about it but when you compare it to DVT it doesn't sound so bad. I may struggle to walk at times but when I hear about folks like Rude Dog it makes me realise I'm lucky. DVT really is a scary problem.

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May the rude dog rest in eternal peace.. Him and his family will be added to my nightly prayers.......Peace big guy..................mike

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Ouch, I take that one. I take two 4mg. Avandia, 1 Metformin and 1 Glimepiride EVERY morning for my diabetes.
Doug
( thanks for the heads up )

I hate diabetes more than anyone can know. I was diagnosed 13 years ago and struggled like hell with it for about 6 years and then decided to fight it the best way I could.

I wieghed about 250 at the time and I am only 5'11". I starte to work out and paid more attention to my diet. I quit eating after 7:00 pm and nest thing you know, it is 6 months later and I weighed 195.

That was in 1999 and I haven't taken the medication since. I ma, though, one of the lucky ones. For some reason this has worked for me, but I truly understand the pain and discomfort so many go through. When I hear some speak of Diabetes, I feel too guilty to even bring up my own battle with it.

Life certainly deals us some peculiar hands.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a DVT in my left calk after a 6.5 hour back operation last may 5-5-06 it hurt like hell for 6 months, here is the run down, they arnt very dangerous in they are in your calf especially when your a big man like John or evem me-mot talking about weight but size, they ONLY cause heart problems if you have a hole in the atrium of your heart, what they do cause is a pulnimary embolism-the bloood clot gets in your lungs and you suffocate. The DVT's that are dangerous and cause this are in your femorial artiary(above the knee) because when they are up there, one they can break loose and travel easily and 2 they are huge, they can install a screen to block them and keep you on heprin or fraxaprin to keep your blood thin. The only time they creep up and kill someone is typically in the elderly or if there is another undiagnosed problem-hole in the atrium of your heart etc.

Our good friend/my friend Rude Dog passed away because he lived as he wanted and died young leaving a good looking body-I was just in a hospital for my back and i saw all these 90 year old people that were helpless-no thanks, He went down swinging. I'm here in Germany alone with not much on TV and thought alot about the time we spent together and one thing is for sure, he didnt plan on letting himself become 90 and helpless, we talked about his habits etc, I had just started eating healthy then etc. he said something like I'll take the cards they deal me, i admire that

One more thing I said in another post, I asked him to help my game-which at the time was better than it is now, he just said"find a way to win" over and over again, he said "your game is fine, you just need to learn how to win" I retired from pool within a year after that, but I have been in action a few times since ond on my mom's grave there isnt a single time I play I dont hear that run through my head. he will never be forgotten by fatboy. And yes I started winning more often and do today.

Last edited:

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member
Rip

I'll see ya when I get there, DOG...................We can play some!:(

Love ya brother.........................