Revo backorder issues...

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the price of a REVO shaft is to much to spend on pool maybe you should be spending more time working on finding a new line of income. I have spent that much on dinner and drinks with friends. The days when $500.00 was a lot of money were long, long ago.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
If the price of a REVO shaft is to much to spend on pool maybe you should be spending more time working on finding a new line of income. I have spent that much on dinner and drinks with friends. The days when $500.00 was a lot of money were long, long ago.

Yep, that was a baseball bat for my kid only last year. Good thing he's off to college and I don't have to buy anymore baseball bats, just have to pay tuition now. Which is about 50 or 60 baseball bats, every year for 4 years :angry:

evis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A number of pros were using it because they were getting something out of using it. The minute they stopped getting something, mysteriously they went right back to a non Revo shaft. One of my closest associates works for Predator & even they know it is a highly marked up product that people are suckers for buying.
So when you say "number of pros" how many are we talking about?? Because the pros that I watch are still shooing with their revo shaft??

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
EVERYONE thinks they play better with any new shaft that is not absolutely garbage. And they may actually shoot MARGINALLY better.. For a short time. This is a simple function of not being intimately familiar with the deflection and squirt properties of the shaft, which forced them back to centre ball, which makes 99% of Pool players play better.

Please give examples of pro players who've actually improved their play since adopting a Revo shaft. As in... MEASURABLY improved their play.. As in, placing higher and winning multiple events..

So, in my mind, yes, Revo shafts are absolute robbery until proven otherwise, and people are suckers for paying $500.00 for one. Then again, people pay $20.00 for a cube of chalk as well, so there is no shortage of suckers in the world.

Short Bus Russ

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
EVERYONE thinks they play better with any new shaft that is not absolutely garbage. And they may actually shoot MARGINALLY better.. For a short time. This is a simple function of not being intimately familiar with the deflection and squirt properties of the shaft, which forced them back to centre ball, which makes 99% of Pool players play better.

Please give examples of pro players who've actually improved their play since adopting a Revo shaft. As in... MEASURABLY improved their play.. As in, placing higher and winning multiple events..

So, in my mind, yes, Revo shafts are absolute robbery until proven otherwise, and people are suckers for paying $500.00 for one. Then again, people pay $20.00 for a cube of chalk as well, so there is no shortage of suckers in the world.

Short Bus Russ

Billy Thorpe's game has gone way up since using the revo

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, the one I played with was too rough between my fingers. I shot okay with it but couldn't get over the texture. I'm a habitual shaft sander (if ya know what I mean lol) so maybe I'm just bias.

However, I like my $27 chalk... and I buy WAY more cues than one can use. So I'm a sucker too, I guess.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you could add Joshua Filler to the list of pro's that have improved after switching to the Revo shaft..

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I got a friend that shots very well using house cues. He says anyone that pays anything for a cue is a sucker. I personally like my REVO alot and think it is well worth the price.

So according to my friend if you bought any stick you are a sucker. According to me opinions are like Aholes everyone has one,

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$500.00 for a shaft is a good starting point for what I'm thinking.
Every 6 months, a random maker, different maker each time, comes out with a shaft that is $50.00 higher than the last 'Magic Wand'. Hopefully a large percentage of the pool world falls for, I mean purchases a shaft each and every time the new one comes out.
This would surely put a lot of money somewhere into the billiard industry.
I would surely be a lonesome relic playing with my awesome maple shafts!
That's my pair of pennies !!!

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blah blah blah I’m cheap and hate technology . That’s pretty much what your long post says lol. If you think a measly $500 is to much for a shaft you better stay away from playing golf!!!

Short Bus Russ

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, the one I played with was too rough between my fingers. I shot okay with it but couldn't get over the texture. I'm a habitual shaft sander (if ya know what I mean lol) so maybe I'm just bias.

However, I like my $27 chalk... and I buy WAY more cues than one can use. So I'm a sucker too, I guess.

I use Kamui .. it takes me a year before I get out a new piece and even then I could still get another month or two out of it If I wanted to and I PLAY EVERY DAY! So in the end how expensive is that chalk compared to using masters? Lol

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member

Short Bus Russ
I've said it before, but I didn't buy a Revo to play better. I bought it simply because I like the looks of a black shaft. Simple as that. It turns out that I really like the Revo. Whether I end-up playing "better", who knows.

But just like when people buy a custom cue loaded with inlays that they like the looks of, to me, that is what the Revo is. Are people that spend more than $300 on a cue a "sucker" -- because we all know that spending anything more than $300 you are just paying for the looks of the cue.

Calling people "suckers" on the forum frankly says more about you than the people that want to spend $500 on a shaft.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Any updates on production of Revos? I've been trying to get my hands on one, but it's looking like I'll have to wait for the expo to get that done.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Any updates on production of Revos? I've been trying to get my hands on one, but it's looking like I'll have to wait for the expo to get that done.
It took 3 months to finally get my 12.4 mm Revo. Ordered at the beginning of November 2017. I really like it though. I'm not sure if the delivery times have improved.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

The predator rep at the Derby told me that if you ordered then (Jan 20) it could be Sept before you get it. I asked him if only Predator could change the tip, he said no, anyone can do it as long as they leave the pad in place it would not void the warranty.
Mark

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
The thread got severely derailed so let's get it back on track. Is the manufacturing unit having raw material issues or just production issues? How many of these shafts are being fulfilled per day? They have to have a terrible production to plan KPI. It's a great product that every time i try out I find something new I like about the equipment.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The thread got severely derailed so let's get it back on track. Is the manufacturing unit having raw material issues or just production issues? How many of these shafts are being fulfilled per day? They have to have a terrible production to plan KPI. It's a great product that every time i try out I find something new I like about the equipment.

He said they had a much greater demand then expected and are struggling to up production.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several notable professional players were mentioned Russ. I'll add world champion, Mosconi Cup Team Europe member, and recent DCC champion, Chris Melling to the mix. Predator was showcasing a youtube clip of Melling that had been viewed over 40 million times.

There were at least a couple of dozen known professional players using the Revo at the DCC (surely you saw that, as you were there, weren't you?), along with a few dozen of us mortals also using the Revo (yeah, Russ, you're in the same catagory of mortals). To me, that's a significant amount of participation and experimentive feedback...all in the course of little more than a week, and information gathered from top players from around the world! Predator's Revo shafts will no doubt continue to improve upon an already great product...and I'll continue being one of the 'suckers' playing with them, and recommending them to other players as an option.

Play with whatever you like...try not to belittle other players simply because they play with something you disagree with. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Short Bus Russ

Last edited: