Richie Richeson vs Scott Frostit

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is on tonight new start time aaaaaaa.jpg5pmcst get your pass here http://www.poolactiontv.com/

GoldenFlash

Banned
Is this a 'business' match?

Are these guys betting any of their own money or has some promoter who is a pool nut put up the prize purse to generate action from the rail?
Who's underwriting this thing?
Seeing this Richie guy sweep off two balls left on the table instead of making Frost shoot them, stirs up my 'skeptic' stuff.
I know, I know, "they were easy, etc etc etc"...well one was a bank and could've hung up, but if I'm backing a horse, by golly that other guy is going to have to SHOOT those last 2 balls. I don't care how good he plays...on my money he's going to shoot those balls for the gelt.
Saw a few other loose calls that were questionable, in my opinion.
??

CueSports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the match in person last night at Lacy's Cue. They argue on the side and hate each other. Scott is trying to bet more and his stakehorse will take all bets. I didn't see anytime where a game was given up with 2 balls needed. Richie is going to 7 not 8. They argued for a while when Richie supposedly pushed 2 balls with his fingers and Scott called a foul. They argued until BigTruck went to the cameras. Richie side has 4-5 people staking him so there's no way he's dumping guys he's living with and close friends. The siderail was offering 2-1 on the money if you wanted to bet on Richie. I watched these 2 play a bunch of times and it was always 9-7 and not 8-7 like they are playing now. I thought the same thing when this match was agreed upon 8-7 that it was a gaft match but it looks to be 110% legit IMO. If the players are guaranteed anything for showing up from the owner, I'm not sure. Lacy's Cue is one of the nicest places in the world and Richie lives in Nola now so that's why it is being played there. I am almost positive the owner has nothing to do with it besides being the host location. My only gripe is you have the top pro besides Ronnie Wiseman that lives in the area and you have the #1 player in the world for the money who is awesome to watch and you have less than 120 people in the room. All spectators watching the match and they have like 35 tables in the place and maybe 6-7 tables were being played on. You got 4 people at the bar and me and my girlfriend were 2 of them and our tab was only $50. I am a room owner and it is just amazing how our sport just doesn't get the publicity that it deserves. Frank is doing everything for the sport adding $2000 each month, various tournaments throughout the month $500 added and all guaranteed money and still a struggling pool hall. Poker killed pool years back but we have to figure out a way to get this sport going again.

Are these guys betting any of their own money or has some promoter who is a pool nut put up the prize purse to generate action from the rail?
Seeing this Richie guy sweep off two balls left on the table instead of making Frost shoot them, stirs up my 'skeptic' stuff.
I know, I know, "they were easy, etc etc etc"...well one was a bank and could've hung up, but if I'm backing a horse, by golly that other guy is going to have to SHOOT those last 2 balls. I don't care how good he plays...on my money he's going to shoot those balls for the gelt.
??

GoldenFlash

Banned
I watched the match in person last night at Lacy's Cue. They argue on the side and hate each other. Scott is trying to bet more and his stakehorse will take all bets. I didn't see anytime where a game was given up with 2 balls needed. Richie is going to 7 not 8. They argued for a while when Richie supposedly pushed 2 balls with his fingers and Scott called a foul. They argued until BigTruck went to the cameras. Richie side has 4-5 people staking him so there's no way he's dumping guys he's living with and close friends. The siderail was offering 2-1 on the money if you wanted to bet on Richie. I watched these 2 play a bunch of times and it was always 9-7 and not 8-7 like they are playing now. I thought the same thing when this match was agreed upon 8-7 that it was a gaft match but it looks to be 110% legit IMO. If the players are guaranteed anything for showing up from the owner, I'm not sure. Lacy's Cue is one of the nicest places in the world and Richie lives in Nola now so that's why it is being played there. I am almost positive the owner has nothing to do with it besides being the host location. My only gripe is you have the top pro besides Ronnie Wiseman that lives in the area and you have the #1 player in the world for the money who is awesome to watch and you have less than 120 people in the room. All spectators watching the match and they have like 35 tables in the place and maybe 6-7 tables were being played on. You got 4 people at the bar and me and my girlfriend were 2 of them and our tab was only $50. I am a room owner and it is just amazing how our sport just doesn't get the publicity that it deserves. Frank is doing everything for the sport adding $2000 each month, various tournaments throughout the month $500 added and all guaranteed money and still a struggling pool hall. Poker killed pool years back but we have to figure out a way to get this sport going again.
Thank you for an outstanding reply from someone who was there and knows more than I do about the entire scene. Watching it here on the stream at my desk is definitely not the same as being there
I hereby withdraw my "skeptic stuff".
You seem to have good sense.
Thank you. again:thumbup:

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i didn't see that

??

Although i always make people shoot every ball when playing for large amounts of cash, the 2 Richie swept in that one game early on were super easy shots with easy shapes, there was not a bank in the mix...