Road Hustler Website

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting website. It would be pretty neat to be expanded a bit to include ratings, comments, etc. Kind of like a Yelp for the pool world.

example Yelp review for a pool room.

Nice room. 12 Diamond barbox's, 6 9' Diamonds. Great food, weekly tournaments on Thursdays. Money games to be had, mostly 1 pocket players. It could have a $ sign action rating similar to how expensive restaurants are.

$ = limited action
$$ = Can usually find a game
$$$ = Multiple tables, multiple games with money above the light
$$$$ = Big time. Can often find matches large enough that they will be streaming.

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting website. It would be pretty neat to be expanded a bit to include ratings, comments, etc. Kind of like a Yelp for the pool world.

Nice room. 12 Diamond barbox's, 6 9' Diamonds. Great food, weekly tournaments on Thursdays. Money games to be had, mostly 1 pocket players. It could have a $ sign action rating similar to how expensive restaurants are.

$ = limited action
$$$$ = Big time. Can often find matches large enough that they will be streaming.

yep they are still working it

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I just saw of it, it's missing a whole lot of rooms. Didn't realize West Michigan doesn't have any pool rooms. Especially since I could zoom in and even saw my car in the parking lot when they took the picture! Wonder where I was, if not at the pool room??

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting-

$ = limited action

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep they are still working it

John,
Who is "they"? Is this a new site that will allow player contributions, additions of rooms, ratings and comments?

Hopefully we'll continue to see threads on this as it gets ready for mainstream.

I think the big challenge would be monitoring the comments as it shouldn't be allowed to mention specifics on names of people at the rooms as it could ruin action, reputations, etc.

GeoEnvi

Diamond System Enthusiast
Silver Member
Kind of like a Yelp for the pool world.

Can't tell you how many times I have wished Yelp contained a simple "yes/no" box for "Pool Tables?'

I would have saved so much time instead of calling up bars or just dropping in to check.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I can tell you SD is not right. Lucky's you'll be lucky to find anyone that will bet a nickle out side of Shane maybe practicing there once every 3-5 months, and who wants that game?

The two rooms for action here, are Big's and JJ's... Minneapolis is JUNK too. they don't have Shooters, CR, Two stooges, Ducks over in St. Cloud. Fargo Billiards in ND...

Looks like JUNK to me at this point. would be cool if they can get the kinks worked out.

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John,
Who is "they"? Is this a new site that will allow player contributions, additions of rooms, ratings and comments?

Hopefully we'll continue to see threads on this as it gets ready for mainstream.

I think the big challenge would be monitoring the comments as it shouldn't be allowed to mention specifics on names of people at the rooms as it could ruin action, reputations, etc.

Not sure however there is a phone number and a email addy, maybe you can call or drop a line and Im sure they can answer all your questions

(505)690-5182 - Garrett@roadhustler.com

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I did send an email and will let everyone know if he responds or if the idea/website is dead. I asked you as I just assumed you were involved.