Rodney Morris

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's one of my favorites. I like his demeanor at the table. When he's feeling it he's tough to beat. His top gear is as high as anyone on the planet.

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
I agree with ya. Not only is he a great player, he's wonderful and fun to be around. Every year at the US Open, I try to play 3 cushion with him. I can't touch him in 9 ball or anything else on a table with holes. But on the 3C table, I can hold my own. He's very personable and just a blast to be around. Not often I can say I won money from a pro playing even. Can't wait to see him again this year. BRING THE CHEESE HOME RODNEY!

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's been one of my favorite players & people for many years now; can't wait to see him next month!

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Rodney plays a "no pressure" game. I mean, he doesn't show it. In pressure situations he plays like a guy just out for a good time with friends at a local bar...

I love watching him play.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree!

I wish he would really commit to playing to win, it seems sometimes like he doesn't care? or like there are other things on his mind when he's at the table?

But when he's on its trouble for anybody.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish he would really commit to playing to win, it seems sometimes like he doesn't care? or like there are other things on his mind when he's at the table?

That's just the way he is and it's intimidating to many. He is the only player i have noted that may actually turn his back to the table walking from shot to shot.

Sometime before 2000 he went through Taiwan gambling and drilled people. None of them wanted a part of him for 10 years after that and some of them are still feeling the effects.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But when he's on its trouble for anybody.

They say to try to play like you practice....

Rodney seems to be able to take a no pressure practice mentality to his matches.

I definitely admire his game. Great shotmaker, plays fast(sometimes too fast?), plays loose. If he is feeling pressure, he doesn't show it...most of the time.

He smiles more than he frowns at the table. Why not, he makes a lot of balls from everywhere.:D

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I hope the CSI Mafia gives him another chance. We need more guys like him in pro pool. Just a great personality.

I am just waiting for them to put up his finals of the US Open 10 ball against Orcollo already. Best comeback in a major finals I believe, certainly in 10 ball. :)