Rooms Near Ocean City, MD?

VF-31

Registered
Will be spending time in Ocean City, MD this year. Any suggested rooms to play in Salisbury or nearby Delaware? Looking for house league/local tourneys. APA league search was negative.Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think there is anything near anymore. There is bread slates, in Cambridge, about an hour away iirc.

I thought I read Georgetown, de has a spot. Prob near an hour away too, depending on where in oc you start.
I suggest bringing your own table...:shrug:

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
There is also Salisbury... don't remember the name of the room though
I played in an APT event there a year or two ago

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OC does need a place with decent tables for sure. I remember playing in an upstairs room at a bar in Fenwick years ago, but the table was horrible.

Slickstick9

Play on
Silver Member
Forget pool. Make sure you eat at Harrison's Seafood and Raw Bar. All the way down at the inlet part of the boardwalk. Have the oysters. Last time I was in Ocean City I was averaging 2dozen a day. The best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I think anything you'll find (if you do) will be a bar table. I believe the Green Turtle had one or two tables up stairs. Several years ago there was a bar/restaurant around 3rd or 4th a couple of blocks inland from the boardwalk that had a few tables, but this past summer I didn't get back to that place so I can't even be sure if it's still there. We had this same thread last summer and someone mentioned a room (or something) in Bethany and I heard from a couple of locals about something in Rohobath but I never found anything. Finally decided to let it sit for a few days until we got back to Bal'mer / DC area. However, I think I remember reading that a few years ago the APA had a someone finish pretty high in the APA singles that was from Ocean City, MD, so I think there has to be something there somewhere

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member
There is also Salisbury... don't remember the name of the room though
I played in an APT event there a year or two ago

Break Time. It closed down last January, I believe.

I'm originally from Chincoteague, so I can tell you there aren't many rooms...period. Georgetown would be your closest bet. There's a mini-dive place down in Parksley, VA, called the Eagle's Nest (if I'm not mistaken). One gold crown, 4 valleys. Parksley, however, is like an hour or so from OC, depending on where in OC you are, like Blackball mentioned.

dannyb78

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are several Bars in Ocean City that has Tables and Leagues.
Cork Bar
Bearded Clam
Pickles Pub
Here is a link to guy who runs a league https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ocean-City-Pool-Players-wwwoc8ballcom/198283383540325

Action Billiards in Salisbury is closed up. there are still plenty of APA Leagues in Salisbury.

Cambridge is a hour away. We have BCA League on Tuesday and there is a APA League on Wednesday. Handicap Tournaments every Saturday that get 25 to 40 players. Plus there is always action. This is at Great Slates.

South_Florida

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forget pool. Make sure you eat at Harrison's Seafood and Raw Bar. All the way down at the inlet part of the boardwalk. Have the oysters. Last time I was in Ocean City I was averaging 2dozen a day. The best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha I actually worked at Harrison for a summer, we used to spend summers there, so was a line cook. Very cool place, fisherman would stop there on the way into the inlet and we got to pick the best fish out just caught. I think Harrison's own more then half the restaurantes in OC. Maybe get them to open a pool hall.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
I think anything you'll find (if you do) will be a bar table. I believe the Green Turtle had one or two tables up stairs. Several years ago there was a bar/restaurant around 3rd or 4th a couple of blocks inland from the boardwalk that had a few tables, but this past summer I didn't get back to that place so I can't even be sure if it's still there. We had this same thread last summer and someone mentioned a room (or something) in Bethany and I heard from a couple of locals about something in Rohobath but I never found anything. Finally decided to let it sit for a few days until we got back to Bal'mer / DC area. However, I think I remember reading that a few years ago the APA had a someone finish pretty high in the APA singles that was from Ocean City, MD, so I think there has to be something there somewhere

Yeah, I started that thread last year. Georgetown billiards in Georgetown DE. There were four "gold crowns" and a couple valleys. Nice room run by nice people. I hit the outlet malls in rehobeth and drove up to Georgetown from there. Maybe 1hr 15 total from OC.

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
Break Time. It closed down last January, I believe.

I'm originally from Chincoteague, so I can tell you there aren't many rooms...period. Georgetown would be your closest bet. There's a mini-dive place down in Parksley, VA, called the Eagle's Nest (if I'm not mistaken). One gold crown, 4 valleys. Parksley, however, is like an hour or so from OC, depending on where in OC you are, like Blackball mentioned.

Hey man, watch it. I'm from Parksley and your right about the name Eagle's Nest but its in the back of the Club Car Cafe. Spent a lot of time at Pony Pines in my youth pursueing those fine young island fillies. We use to race cars on Ridge Road every weekend.

VF-31

Registered
Thanks to all for the feedback...even re Harrison's and the oysters!
Good info from Danny plus the fb link...we'll have to hook up once I'm over there.