Sadly I’m looking for an instructor for weekly 3 hour sessions in San Francisco

Tony AnnIgoni was my great weekly instructor and friend for seven years. I will miss our 3 hour sessions in my S.F. office. I’m looking for an instructor that will allow me to continue improving and have fun as I did under Tony‘s tutelage. Preferably someone who is older ( like me) with some past tournament experience. A sense of humor and inherent kindness is critical. My office is in the Presidio with easy parking. I pay 100 dollars an hour in cash and will also cover mileage cost. Lessons usually were between 2:30 and 5:30 during the week. I would appreciate any suggestions/ advice and contact information. Tony is irreplaceable and he will never be forgotten. He would want me to continue to improve. I know that much. Cheers, Bill

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony AnnIgoni was my great weekly instructor and friend for seven years. I will miss our 3 hour sessions in my S.F. office. I’m looking for an instructor that will allow me to continue improving and have fun as I did under Tony‘s tutelage. Preferably someone who is older ( like me) with some past tournament experience. A sense of humor and inherent kindness is critical. My office is in the Presidio with easy parking. I pay 100 dollars an hour in cash and will also cover mileage cost. Lessons usually were between 2:30 and 5:30 during the week. I would appreciate any suggestions/ advice and contact information. Tony is irreplaceable and he will never be forgotten. He would want me to continue to improve. I know that much. Cheers, Bill
I'm not real familiar with California, but Oscar Dominguez and his dad might be in that area. They're both strong players, and if they cannot help you with instruction, I am sure they know who can. He is at HardTimes in Sacramento. http://www.hardtimesbilliards.net/about-us-2/

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Billy Aguerro lives less than an hour north of SF and still plays and teaches pool. Former pro pool player and a really nice guy.

He is the house pro at Buffalo Billiards in Petaluma, about 40 minutes north of SF. He was the house pro at Chalkers in SF for many years.

I see him all the time...if you want to contact him, just message me and I will give him your number. I think he would be interested if its for 3 hrs, rather than driving there just for one hour sessions.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill...All of these suggestions for lessons from pro players are just that. They are not professional instructors...they are pro players who give lessons. There is a gigantic difference. The person you want to go see is Tom Seymour. He is a master PBIA instructor who is also a master level player. He'll give you a good video analysis, and goals to improve. He teaches out of Family Billiards, and would be my first choice in the SF area. His number is 415-577-1520.

Scott Lee

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The OP said he took lessons 3 hours a week, for 7 years! That instructor passed away, now he's looking for another instructor to take the place of his last instructor. What does that tell you???

Well most Pro level competitor work with Coaches & Instructors during season. My thought was maybe the guy has the money to keep his dame up at top level.

The great Larry Bird was a free throw shooting machine in off season. Maybe that is why he place so well.

the other thing Coaches do is keep player in perfect tune like concert piano.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well most Pro level competitor work with Coaches & Instructors during season. My thought was maybe the guy has the money to keep his dame up at top level.

The great Larry Bird was a free throw shooting machine in off season. Maybe that is why he place so well.

the other thing Coaches do is keep player in perfect tune like concert piano.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I guess you skipped over the part where he said he was OLDER and perfered an OLDER instructor as well!!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well the guy got Bob Jewitt. Think box is as you say older.
I told you, he's more interested in a common grounds friendship based on playing pool, and is willing to PAY for those 3 hours a week of friendship, on HIS schedule. Nothing wrong with that in my book. If it makes the OP happy, that's all that counts. But I guarantee you, he's NOT taking lessons to become a PRO!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well the guy got Bob Jewitt. Think box is as you say older.
Harry Platis has what some would consider, a LOT of friends! The only thing is, they're all around a pool table because Harry is looked at as having a T-bone steak tied around his neck, ALWAYS willing to gamble, and goes off GOOD if you can beat him!! I should know, I've beat Harry too, but, I'm also friends with Harry, and have no problem asking Harry if he wants to go fishing too!!! And the funny thing is, Harry knows where he stands with is friends around the "POOL" table, and sometimes he let's them win, other times he just beats the shit out of them, because he knows they'll ALWAYS come back for more!!!