Samsara Cues out of business

sbrownn

Registered
I ordered two break tips from their store (link below) a month ago and they shipped reasonably fast. Great break tip and great price. Even better if you buy 5 of them at time.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
The last post on their Facebook page was from 2022. However, there is a phone number: (701) 776-7240.
I was there about 10 years ago and they said they were moving into doing special orders only. I may be in the area of Rugby, ND this summer. I will stop in and get the scoop.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They made nice cues:
IMG_1193.jpeg

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As of around 10:30 Eastern time, Samsara Cues updated their Facebook profile picture to their logo. So somethings going on there with someone. I left them a comment about this thread so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

sbrownn

Registered
They’re great when they stay connected to your cue. Went through three of them popping off before I quit them.
after all my years of playing, I've never had a tip pop off including these break tips after having them correctly installed using a lathe.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I had emailed and called a month ago, but never got a response. In the past I never had any problems getting a hold off them so I'm wondering if they did shut down.
Last thing I heard was to send an email requesting to be put on their waiting list and they'll contact you when your name comes up.
How bout dem apples?? Lol

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last thing I heard was to send an email requesting to be put on their waiting list and they'll contact you when your name comes up.
How bout dem apples?? Lol
I was looking to get a new shaf for one of thei old JB cues, great cue.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you get clues to most things you do. and if you dont follow those clues you become the victim of the results of your actions.

to make a terrible analogy. look at the people who stayed in Haiti. and wanting or needing our government to get them out now.
they had plenty of time and info to make the right decision.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I ordered two break tips from their store (link below) a month ago and they shipped reasonably fast. Great break tip and great price. Even better if you buy 5 of them at time.

I use these tips as well. After reading this thread I did as you did and used the link you posted here and ordered 5 new as I was down to my last 2. They showed up yesterday and shipped reasonably fast as you stated. Problem is the ones I received yesterday appear to be different.
IMG_0817.jpeg

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Of course the jokes are writing themselves... but I will go with BJ - Break/Jump for this.

Probably older graphics. The regular True leather tips are no longer on their website.

1712066495390.png

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Of course the jokes are writing themselves... but I will go with BJ - Break/Jump for this.

Probably older graphics. The regular True leather tips are no longer on their website.

View attachment 751725
Well please let me in on the joke. My post was intended for nothing other than to relay my experience and that it appears the tips are different. I’ve used their Break/Jump tips for years generally buying in quantity and sealing them in a bag with a vacuum sealer. Upon reading this thread I went to their site and ordered a quantity of the 9 layer leather break jump tips. The tips received as shown in original post are seemingly different not only from the older tip also shown in photo but they look different from what’s currently shown on the site now as well. Much lighter in color and color is inconsistent throughout the tip with some layers dark and some light.

Do you have any info on the differences? Different leather, different process, do they play the same or different and if different, how?

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Didn't Superior cues sell them? If so maybe he knows
Jim Stadum and recently deceased partner Dave Doucette will be inducted into the American Cuemakers Association Hall of Fame next week at SBE. From my limited understanding Samsara has slowed/ paused on new cue production but continues to manufacture break tips and True Shafts. I'm sorry to hear their phone customer service is lacking. It sounds like Jim is regrouping with Samsara for 2024 with the cues.