Sanitizing your Cue - Is Alcohol enough no immune system

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Vitamin D3, strengthens your immune system. You want to take 5000iu a day.

Be careful about prescribing. Anything said online now can be dangerous to say.

When I started my nutrition biz, the multis had only 200 IUs of D because "it is fat soluble and will build up to dangerous levels in your body, and never give it to children."

One thing I've learned after 40 years of this is the nutritionists don't' know shit about nutrition. They're guessing most of the time, much like this virus response has been guesses. It's a very complicated process, nutrition.

Not saying your call isn't the correct one, but no one can know right now if it is, imho.

Jeff Livingston

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

When I started my nutrition biz, the multis had only 200 IUs of D because "it is fat soluble and will build up to dangerous levels in your body, and never give it to children."

One thing I've learned after 40 years of this is the nutritionists don't' know shit about nutrition. They're guessing most of the time, much like this virus response has been guesses. It's a very complicated process, nutrition.

Not saying your call isn't the correct one, but no one can know right now if it is, imho.

Jeff Livingston

Thank you Jeff. Vitamin D3 can be bought over the counter like most vitamins, so there is no prescription necessary. If you look on the internet, what I said about it is all over the place! The multitude of companies that sell Vitamin D3 are all making similar claims about its benefits. You will also see similar advice being given by various medical professionals.

On another note, my father who was an MD once told me that you don't need to take any vitamins if you eat a healthy diet.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Jeff. Vitamin D3 can be bought over the counter like most vitamins, so there is no prescription necessary. If you look on the internet, what I said about it is all over the place! The multitude of companies that sell Vitamin D3 are all making similar claims about its benefits. You will also see similar advice being made by various medical professionals.

On another note, my father who was an MD once told me that you don't need to take any vitamins if you eat a healthy diet.
Your old man was right.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Thank you Jeff. Vitamin D3 can be bought over the counter like most vitamins, so there is no prescription necessary. If you look on the internet, what I said about it is all over the place! The multitude of companies that sell Vitamin D3 are all making similar claims about its benefits. You will also see similar advice being given by various medical professionals.

I know it's available and all that. Don't prescribe. It's a great rule of thumb that I followed for years. I'm prescribing that you take 2 deleted posts twice a day. ;)

Say it this way to be safe: "I take x units of vit y and I discovered _____ as a benefit. I don't know if it will work for you the way it worked for me, but what if it does? Wouldn't you be glad then that you got it?" I made a lot of money with that.

No promises, no problems, is how one of my mentors said it.

You Father was right. The problem in today's world is the logistics of eating a healthful diet, so many supplement what's probably missing.

Jeff Livingston

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

Jeff Livingston
I prefer to get my D from natural sunshine, I mix it with fresh air and exercise. Works...so far.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my post #52 I said that "I take 5000iu a day" and did not recommend any dosage to anyone. In my post #59 I added the word "allegedly" to my recommendation. Now my conscience is clear. :)

I wish I had taken my father's advice. That's why my doctor recommends that I take a good multiple vitamin, vitamin D3, CoQ-10, Omega-3 fish oil and Tumeric daily. So far, so good!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my post #52 I said that "I take 5000iu a day" and did not recommend any dosage to anyone. In my post #59 I added the word "allegedly" to my recommendation. Now my conscience is clear. :)

I wish I had taken my father's advice. That's why my doctor recommends that I take a good multiple vitamin, vitamin D3, CoQ-10, Omega-3 fish oil and Tumeric daily. So far, so good!
So you're saying key-lime pie, Maker's Mark and a Fuente cigar for breakfast ISN'T recommended?? ;)

Guy Manges

Registered
Once again a equipment thread. I apologize for the bother ahead of time but have a question that is serious to me. I found out last year that I had Colon Cancer. Something you hate to hear especially at 42. But after Surgery and Chemo treatments my Immune system is not up to par. When we play at a Friends house or a pool room I immediately clean my cues when I get home just to be on the safe side. This virus makes me paranoid to a extreme with not having a immune system like it should be. I thought about wiping them down Clorox wipes then thought that maybe not the best idea as it could affect the finish. So I usually use a paper towel that is cloth like and 91 percent alcohol. Clean the shaft and butt let dry then burnish the shaft. Is that good enough or is there a better method. This virus makes me wonder as people can carry it and show no symptoms. So that is why I want to clean or disinfect my cues so to speak. If I go to a Friends house and know they wash their hands and is clean then I don’t worry about it. But at the pool hall with 50-60 people you never know. Again Sorry for the lame thread just don’t want to damage my older cues. Thanks
UV, GERMINCIDAL LAMP. AVAILABLE AT RETAILERS, CHEAP.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jeff Livingston
I was the one who started the vitamin D3 discussion. I also only said what I'm taking. I ride my bicycle outdoors about 40 hrs a month and I take 5000 IUs a day. When I had my blood tested my D level was on the low side. Obviously for some people, even spending considerable time in the sun and supplementation doesn't get our D level up to the needed levels. Anyone who is taking D3 should have their blood tested for D and check with their doctor for recommendations.