Sardo Tight Rack

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Gday Guys,

Just wondering your thoughts on the Sardo Tight Rack. Im thinking of buying one, though it is going to cost $50 US to ship to Australia so im just wondering if it is worth the money.

Is it so much better than the conventional diamond or triangle?

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

SlateHumper

Pokin' and Hopin'
Silver Member
Sardo

I live in the US and Last time I checked it would cost me a hell of a lot more than $ 50 to get one. They are a good tool but you have to "train your table" first. There are a few steps in volved when you first get one.

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
I'm guessing that Tickets means cost of the tight rack + $50 shipping

Billiard Architect

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are not worth the plastic (yes plastic now) that they are made of. If you would like to do the same thing print up a bunch of 2 1/4 inch circles with there centers marked. Then take a punch (yes a punch) and dimple your cloth where the center of each circle is. Then just mark a spot where to put your rack when you put it in position. Now that you have destroyed your cloth enjoy your perfect rack of balls.

Save your 50 bucks and buy something that will really help your game.

JV

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
Tickets said:
Gday Guys,

Just wondering your thoughts on the Sardo Tight Rack. Im thinking of buying one, though it is going to cost $50 US to ship to Australia so im just wondering if it is worth the money.

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

For further opinions check this thread: sardo

Billy_Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are a serious player, I would get one just to learn how to use it and its advantages/disadvantages.

So far as Super Aramith Pro TV balls, so far as I know, the only difference in these balls is they use colors which show up on TV better and I think they come with the "measles" cue ball. So again with this, if you are going to be playing in tournaments which use these balls, might be a good idea to get a set so playing with them is nothing new to you.

I read somewhere about kids playing in some type of sport/game which they would play in their regular clothes. Then they would go to a national tournament and be required to wear something dressed up looking like dress shoes and maybe a coat and tie. Then they would do poorly because they were not used to playing in those clothes. The advice given was to practice playing in the clothes they would be required to wear for the tournament.

So probably same applies with sardo rack and TV balls. Practice with equipment which will be used in tournaments so it is nothing new to you. In my case I need to practice on un-level tables with old and dirty balls!

vader93490

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tickets said:
Gday Guys,

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

I got one almost 3 years ago. It was the worst investment I've ever made for a piece of pool equipment. :mad:

If you're looking to get a new rack, I would suggest you look at the racks that Diamond makes. They work great and don't require the "training" (ha-ha) that the Sardo does.

ManifestEcstacy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard a lot of things said about the sardo recently and none of them were good... not a one of them.. just but a good wood rack... if you want a quality rack

vader93490

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy_Bob said:
So far as Super Aramith Pro TV balls, so far as I know, the only difference in these balls is they use colors which show up on TV better and I think they come with the "measles" cue ball. So again with this, if you are going to be playing in tournaments which use these balls, might be a good idea to get a set so playing with them is nothing new to you.

There was a thread about this a little while back. Here's the link:

http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=15651

Jersey

Clickin' & Clackin'
Silver Member
Brianna...

If you want an absolutely best quality triangle try Brianna...$$$ for a wooden rack but I think they are the best out there...

Check Seyberts...they are the only place I've been able to find them...

Last edited:

lacey6783

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a sardo and it made a good paprer weight thats about it.Total garabe that was put on tv to sell thats it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Jersey said:
If you want an absolutely best quality triangle try Brianna...$$$ for a wooden rack but I think they are the best out there...

Check Seyberts...they are the only place I've been able to find them...
I bought one.
Freakin' beast of a racker.
Can't beat it for the dough.
Beats Hercules and is as close to the old Spinnali as there is.
I bought one off Fleabay for $15.

B

Bruce S. de Lis

Tickets said:
Gday Guys,

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

I would Try before you Buy, as someone Down Under Must have one....... :)

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
After buying the Sardo invest in The Spider, then you will have all the garbage that is advertised. You need the Spider because Janette and Allen have been playing for years, right Allen?

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
Like others have said, shhhhhhhhh i can rack those babies up better then any sardo tight rack all by myself hehehe. Train your table as like said, mark out the very center of your table where the balls need to be racked and use the cueball to knock the top of each ball when it is in the rack to give that indentment and make shure you line them up everytime in the same spot i marked my table with a little white dots just my way anyways. good luck. Cole.

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
Billy_Bob said:
If you are a serious player, I would get one just to learn how to use it and its advantages/disadvantages.

I read somewhere about kids playing in some type of sport/game which they would play in their regular clothes. Then they would go to a national tournament and be required to wear something dressed up looking like dress shoes and maybe a coat and tie. Then they would do poorly because they were not used to playing in those clothes. The advice given was to practice playing in the clothes they would be required to wear for the tournament.

So probably same applies with sardo rack and TV balls. Practice with equipment which will be used in tournaments so it is nothing new to you. In my case I need to practice on un-level tables with old and dirty balls!

nyce post, *throws up two thumbs. Cole.

JrockJustin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Home or business?

Tickets said:
Gday Guys,

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

Hello Dave...

I am an official for 9-ball events and have used the sardo rack for the final matches.

I was just curious if you are buying the rack for personal use or for your business? Either way, it is a cool looking contraption that works well. It doesn't actually give you the perfect rack as it states but pretty darn close to it. It is very easy to use once you set it up. The problem I see for you is that you are living so far away and if it breaks or has a defect you will have to wait for a while to get it returned. If you are using it for tournament purposes than you might have a problem.

If you do get it and need any advice, just ask!

Justin

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
sardo for personal use.

firstly, thanks everyone for there input, its been greatly appreciated.

I was after the Sardo as i had seen it in use during the 9ball in Vegas. From the sounds of it, from this thread and the previous, it seems it would be worth getting if it didnt cost that much all together.

Im getting a pool room added to my house, includes a 9 foot Gold Crown. The thing is, i thought if i were to be trainig everyday, i would want something that would give me a tight ball group for each break, so i can learn the best way to break. Appart from that, the TV balls were just a bit of a novelty item i guess. I cant see myself playing on TV in the next decade, but i like the pink 12 etc. Looks different.

But overall, it will be an added $99 postage for the 2 items to be sent to Syd which is a bit steep. I may just wait till i head to the US next year for the BCA/VNEA and bring some things back then.

If anyone can think of things that would be worth putting some money towards once the table is in, that would also be great to read. Ive already got, break, jump, playing cue- bridge, 860 cloth on table and measel ball. 3 butt, 5 shaft case and floor cue stand.

Thanks again,
Dave.