Savannah - Places to Play

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
Next week, I will be in Savannah and am interested in finding a fun place to play. Big tables or bar boxes are fine. Banging around or serious is fine. Maybe even a weekly tournament. I will be staying downtown, so I probably want to stick close to that area. Thanks for the help!

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was through there a few years ago and there was just one place left with 9 footers and it has since closed. Don't know about bar boxes or about more recent developments.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Next week, I will be in Savannah and am interested in finding a fun place to play. Big tables or bar boxes are fine. Banging around or serious is fine. Maybe even a weekly tournament. I will be staying downtown, so I probably want to stick close to that area. Thanks for the help!

A few years ago I played in a room on Albercorn Street.
If still in business I'd recommend it. South side billiards.

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are in Savannah, ask Keith Josey where to play. And he makes very fine cues !!!

Gerhard

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I played on some bar boxes a few years ago, think is was down by the river. I'd just skip pool and enjoy Savannah

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
I was there month or so ago and seems all the bar boxes down near the river were in very poor shape. Will need to find a pool hall somewhere futher away from the river for a decent table. I was hoping that 80's bar that had about 8 tables would be good but no also went another 2 places same story unlevel, bad rails and beer covered not worth the time I spent walking.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Years ago there was a place near savanna in Hinesville. All Diamond tables and plenty of small action. Doodle’s

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
GoPlayPool.com says Doodles has 20 7 foot Diamonds.
When I was there years ago, the front room had roughly 20 8’ tables and a tight 9’. The back room had maybe 8 9’ tables. Fun place to play and the best sandwich place I’ve ever been to nearby! It was called Baldino’s.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been there.

That room is awesome!
Google shows this address as a residence: 6 Brighton Woods Ct, Pooler GA:

thumbnail.jpg