Scott Gracio Cues

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have an opinion on Scott Gracio cues in terms of construction Quality, playability features- ( hit characteristics,balance, etc. Also, is he still making cues and any background on his cue making history? I am considering a purchase.
Thanks

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have an opinion on Scott Gracio cues in terms of construction Quality, playability features- ( hit characteristics,balance, etc. Also, is he still making cues and any background on his cue making history? I am considering a purchase.
Thanks

There have been a ton of threads about scott and his cues here on the AZB.

I dont think anybody will have info that is not already available.

The foum has recently improved its search function, too.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Gracio cues

Thanks - but I am looking for some more updated feedback from experienced users,etc. Most of what I see historically on this site is referring to "for sale" Gracio cues

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks - but I am looking for some more updated feedback from experienced users,etc. Most of what I see historically on this site is referring to "for sale" Gracio cues

Sure...understood.

As i said, i think any input on him or his cues is going to be old, at this point.

I am pretty sure you can restrictsearches to a particular section of the forum. Maybe not look at the sale sections?

Id try it and file a report, but i am on phone and it is hard enough to hit the right letters on this durn thing as it is, much less surf around in a manner other than basic...feels spoiled to complain about such a luxury!
:shrug:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK- any input from anyone who has experience or knowledge of Scott Gracio cues would be appreciated- please no more lessons on how to use this site- just please share info on Gracio or his cues - Thanks- Mike

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK- any input from anyone who has experience or knowledge of Scott Gracio cues would be appreciated- please no more lessons on how to use this site- just please share info on Gracio or his cues - Thanks- Mike

Good grief, you cranky monkey.

How in heaven's name do you thing you are going to get any new info on an old topic?

What were some of the things you found when you searched?

Maybe a summary of your findings will be useful to the next person who seeks same.

The guy put out what some felt were above average cues and turned out to be defined as a below average businessman.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just used google and found quite a few links that werent sale threads.
I suggest you send the cue you buy to him for repair. Pay firsttoo

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow man. The guy just gave you some sage advice. Maybe ease up on the caffeine.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK. I had already looked on the internet and this site PRIOR to my request--I was simply looking for fresh input/comments specifically on Scott Gracio cues- I appreciate the prior input - AGAIN- if anyone has input/ comments on Scott Gracio cues I would appreciate it - I do not care how long ago you had experience with his cues!
Thanks
Mike Mosconi

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
mike reread your posts to see how they sound to others. i hope that isnt your real attitude that is conning across in your posts..

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your reply--any specific reasons WHY you do not like Gracio cues? Everything I have read about them has been very positive except that the cuemaker HIMSELF either fell on hard times or suddenly became a very poor business person- but - I appreciate any details on the cues themselves as to why people like them or do not like them and any details on how they play.
Regards- Mike

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Gracio

Here is what I know about Scott and his cues:

Years ago I bought some spectacularly figured waterfall bubinga from him. I still have some and use it once in a while. It's still the best I've seen.

Also years ago I got some really rare red-brown phenolic from him. It was just some small pieces for rings but it allowed me to complete a repair I could not have done otherwise. He would take no money other than $5 for postage.

Scott's wife was terribly ill, had a heart and lung transplant in fact. Scott started building cues so he could try to earn a living while caring for her at home.

The financial catastrophe that went along with his wife's illness was more than he could cope with and he fell behind with cue deliveries and everything else.

People were pissed at not getting their cues on time or at all.
He also made and sold some jigs for making full splice cues.

I had opportunity to look at and hit balls with one of his cues several years ago. The cue was a nice design, very well crafted and played extremely well.

I thought Scott was a good guy who got in a jam over money due to his wife's illness and couldn't dig himself out of his financial hole.

Despite all the bad financial goings on, which never effected me personally, I think Scott is a first rate guy and I wish him and his wife the best.

That's all I've got.

Robin Snyder

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Thanks for your reply--any specific reasons WHY you do not like Gracio cues? Everything I have read about them has been very positive except that the cuemaker HIMSELF either fell on hard times or suddenly became a very poor business person- but - I appreciate any details on the cues themselves as to why people like them or do not like them and any details on how they play.
Regards- Mike

I'm sure they play good and have a good finish.
OK for a local part time cuemaker.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Robin, sounds like Scott Gracio had some really bad breaks in his life, and that he was actually a very good guy! I look forward to receiving my Gracio cue - all the feedback that I read says that he made very, very good cues- some of them are as nice looking as anything I have ever seen. I will try to post my cue after I try it out and provide updated playability feedback- curious if others have comments on Scott's cue construction or playability features.

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion

Hello Mike

I purchased one of Scott's cues here on AZ several months ago. It's an absolutely gorgeous cue and I really like the hit and feel. The prior owner also really liked it but he needed some cash so I got a good deal

If you search the for sale section it is the fleur de lis cue

I have several other custom cues and have owned quite a few other well regarded builders cues. Scott's cue is right up there

Good luck and post the cue you're getting

Dave

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dave--I will- this is the objective feedback that i was originally requesting. Most everyone 's comments lead me to believe that Scott Gracio was on track to be regarded right up there with the very top cuemakers- too bad he had such a rough personal life experience; seems like those who are fortunate enough to own one of his higher end cues have a gem on their hands and that people are not parting with them very easily. My cue is due here tomorrow- cannot wait to get it!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i had the opportunity to work with scott several years ago
i liked him and his cues

some of the cues he made for me were super
i was shocked at how fast he improved

the cues are very nice in quality and performance

or should i say were

it has been a while since i talked with scott or saw one of his cues

rumors have followed that present scott in an unfavorable light,but i have never heard
anyone run down his cues