Search function not working

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure this has been discussed, but I can't do a search on this subject or anything else. After I submit a search criteria, I am given listings that cannot be reached and given an "Oops message'"

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Works for me:
Screenshot_20210324-131423.jpg

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yea I made the same complaint.

It works at times but more often, it doesn't when I click the links, the text will be extra large and only leads to am OOOPS page

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I am guessing this this is a glitch with Threadloom, who handles our advanced search. Can someone send me a screen grab of the oops page? Or is it just the standard page with Darren Appleton's picture on it?

Mike

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I am guessing this this is a glitch with Threadloom, who handles our advanced search. Can someone send me a screen grab of the oops page? Or is it just the standard page with Darren Appleton's picture on it?

Mike

Still acting up when searching from my desktop, phone search is fine

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-09-10-55-10-007.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-09-10-55-10-007.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 74

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Whole site is jacked today. I get endless 'network prorocol violation' alerts. I only get them on this site.
And once again, you are the only one who gets them.

With 3 minutes of searching online, this page came up...

That suggests that it's a cache issue, which was suggested in the other thread you created and then deleted about this problem.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And once again, you are the only one who gets them.

With 3 minutes of searching online, this page came up...

That suggests that it's a cache issue, which was suggested in the other thread you created and then deleted about this problem.
Been there done that. If i ONLY have this issue here could it not be POSSIBLY on your end?? I have zero issues on ANY other site i visit.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There used to be a “search this forum tab” so you could limit the search to the forum you are currently in. It was quick and easy. Appears to be gone.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO the 'search' is almost worthless. Very hard if not impossible to search a topic/theme. Its searches by words and its very difficult to actually find what you're looking for.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There used to be a “search this forum tab” so you could limit the search to the forum you are currently in. It was quick and easy. Appears to be gone.
In Chrome on a PC, clicking on the "Search" button brings up a subpanel with a menu button that says "Everywhere". If I click on that I have a choice of everywhere, threads, this forum and this thread.

Also, I've found that selecting "Threadloom" as the search engine is better than the other one.

And, going into advanced search is sometimes needed.

But I agree in general that searching seems harder with the new software.

It is also possible to use google to search the forums. You need to include as one of your search terms in google

site:forums.azbilliards.com

I don't think you can restrict the search to subforums nor is there a way to select the member with a google search.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like to keep an eye out for tables for sale. I used to click on that search this forum tab, when in the for sale forum. Type in table and they would all pop up. Took about ten seconds. Now, no matter how I try to filter the results, every thread with the word table shows in the results. The results include all forums. This of course is worthless, if trying to identify tables for sale. I will try some of your suggestions, thanks. This is a great site, and I have no significant complaints. Some effin trumper on here called me a snowflake once. Nothing could be further from the truth, and it pissed me off. My reply was judged a little over the top. It was deleted, and Mike sent me a little nastygram. I didn’t reply or complain. It’s his house, I’m just a guest. Definitely prefer the previous search function.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like to keep an eye out for tables for sale. I used to click on that search this forum tab, when in the for sale forum. Type in table and they would all pop up. Took about ten seconds. Now, no matter how I try to filter the results, every thread with the word table shows in the results. The results include all forums. ...
If you go into the "advanced" search page, you can specify "search threads" and then you can tell it which forum (For Sale) and "table" and in titles only. You can specify a date range if you like. You can specify show as threads (and not individual posts).

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Been there done that. If i ONLY have this issue here could it not be POSSIBLY on your end?? I have zero issues on ANY other site i visit.
Yes, there is a small possibility that it is something on my end.

It is MUCH more likely though, that there is some sort of issue on your end. Caching or possibly a routing issue with your current provider. Have you asked them to run a trace route to see if they see any issues with how you get routed to the server? See if maybe they see errors on your same connection to the site. Have you tried different browsers to see if you get a similar error with them. Maybe try a different connection to the internet?