Searing Cue

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly this is not the first instance of this with Dennis.

The OP should have taken action on this after six months. Waiting this long is way beyond normal for a refinish. Proficient is two weeks or three at most.

Hopefully he gets his cue back refinished or not and it was stored properly all this time..
And for a refinish, Proficient probably would have done a better job. After someone does something thousands of times, they typically get better at it than someone that does it once in a while. For my money, a Searing refinish would add no extra value to the cue whatsoever. And for the shaft, there's probably 50 guys that can make one as good as Dennis...and a couple that can make one better. All MHO opinion of course.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone have an issue getting their cue back from Dennis? I sent a cue to him that he received on 5/14/2020 asking for a refinish and another shaft. Was told at that time it would be about a month to take care of. I’ve reached out several times over the years being respectful knowing it takes time to do quality work. I’ve been hesitant to post anything online thinking other cue builders/dealers would “black ball” me. I have text massages to show conversation.
Why didn't you just use seyberts? you would have had it back in a week.

Andy70

Registered
Okay, I see. But 4 years? Do you have a string of communications?
I do. I have been contacted by a 3rd party on his behalf. He is supposedly going to reach out to me tomorrow. We will see if that happens. If it doesn't, which I have my doubts, I will post more. Im not trying to destroy anyone online, just want my cue back.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do. I have been contacted by a 3rd party on his behalf. He is supposedly going to reach out to me tomorrow. We will see if that happens. If it doesn't, which I have my doubts, I will post more. Im not trying to destroy anyone online, just want my cue back.
Destroy away sir. Tools like this clown need to be called out.

Benelli

Please explain.
Rather than commission new cues from old makers, I will commission new cues from young makers like Studio Tronic and just buy old maker cues on the secondary market. All the negative stories I'm hearing right now are all cue makers 65+ years old that eff'ing around because they only fear the reaper, not finding out...

I will only buy makers who have departed this world, or have fully retired and stopped making shit (like Buss)

Proficient can handle all the refinishing needs I may have....

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have an issue getting their cue back from Dennis? I sent a cue to him that he received on 5/14/2020 asking for a refinish and another shaft. Was told at that time it would be about a month to take care of. I’ve reached out several times over the years being respectful knowing it takes time to do quality work. I’ve been hesitant to post anything online thinking other cue builders/dealers would “black ball” me. I have text massages to show conversation.
Anyone waiting 4 years for work that was promised within one month without taking very direct action to retrieve their cue cannot be taken seriously- could you please loan me $10K - I will pay you back in a month - 🙄🙄

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Fk this. I'd go beat on that tool's door and get my cue back. NO excuse for this shit. I don't care how good his cues are supposed to be.
Get it, tell him how you feel! I agree 4 years is ouch especially the quality and price point of the cues we invest our money in.

shooter_Hans

Is there some point where a cue maker realizes that they're going to die soon and just says eff'it I'm going to take as many cues and deposit money as I can get from people and they can sort it out after I'm dead...

This is the third story this month I have heard about Tier-1, A-list cue makers taking on projects and screwing over the customer.

I think I'm just going to stick to buying cues from makers that are already dead...
Yes.

Benelli

He absolutely meant he was going to pull out a crystal ball and tarot cards to astral project cues directly from the hereafter
I would like to point out that since this response is not from Garczar it can not be considered "officially" a response to Biloxi Boi's question or can ideologist's response be construed to be a point I agree with, even if it is a point that I may agree with.

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Rather than commission new cues from old makers, I will commission new cues from young makers like Studio Tronic and just buy old maker cues on the secondary market. All the negative stories I'm hearing right now are all cue makers 65+ years old that eff'ing around because they only fear the reaper, not finding out...

I will only buy makers who have departed this world, or have fully retired and stopped making shit (like Buss)

Proficient can handle all the refinishing needs I may have....

I don't know Pete Jr's age, but if you order a Tascarella, you'll get it when they say you'll get it, if not sooner. And their turnaround time is pretty quick all things considered.

They also promptly respond to email and phone calls.

shooter_Hans

I don't know Pete Jr's age, but if you order a Tascarella, you'll get it when they say you'll get it, if not sooner. And their turnaround time is pretty quick all things considered.

They also promptly respond to email and phone calls.
I have dealt with them and both very professional.

Their cues are priced fairly. You will be surprised.

Unlike what people charge for flipping them. LOL

When you speak with them its like they are very happy you found out who they are and came to them. A sense of this subtle confidence like they will make what you want and you will be blown away.

Last edited: