Sending cues to our troops.

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
Does anyone have any information on how and where to send some cues to our troops. i have about 15 new barcues, one piece, some arent very straight but the majority of them are OK. Anyways any info to help support the troops would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You, Floyd (ccn7) Tibbetts

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
There are GI's who post here, some I am in touch with it that are currently deployed. And some are home in the states. Let me know if nobody steps up to the plate & i'll help make arrangements for you. Ideally, somebody currently deployed would make this very easy because they could give an address to ship directly to so the cues are not bouncing around here & there, finally showing up a year later. The red cross just notified my father in law today that my wife has arrived at her new station in Kyrgzystan, and she has already been there & came home. They were a year late. My point is, you'd be best shipping directly to a GI in the field. I'll help you if you get the info if you need.

Great idea & great gesture on your part.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely try to send them to a bigger base. Most of the FOBs I have been to only have one pool table (if any). The larger bases have entire MWR centers with lots of tables. And trust me, they could use new cues.:D Nice gesture on your part.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
What he said. I'd also add that if anybody else is looking to send billiard goodies, send some tips, tip tools & glue. Many bases have cues but tips are gone. Instead of fixing tips, which military does not have cue repair guys on hire, they just buy new cues, which is a huge waste but they do it to keep the morale of the troops as high as they can. So giving the simple tools & supplies to repair cues would be nice, too. I have been to several places where I wish I had a LePro & super glue, or even a Willards shaper. They have a few cues, just unplayable ones. New cues are great, too :)

BillyKoda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check with your local American Legion or VFW, many of these posts send items to our troops on a regular basis.

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
easy-e said:
Definitely try to send them to a bigger base. Most of the FOBs I have been to only have one pool table (if any). The larger bases have entire MWR centers with lots of tables. And trust me, they could use new cues.:D Nice gesture on your part.
I know been there...different place different time..anyways thats what i want to ensure that the troops get them and not some General. What would be great if i could send them direct to a name and FOB. then i'm sure they will get into the hands i intended. My wife has got here interest perked up now also. She wants to send all my ole Billiard Digest and Inside Pool Mags WHATS SHE THINKIN. I told her make em some cookies like i used to get..Thank you all for responding.
qbuilder you have some great ideas, easy-e you still have any buddies there?

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great, Great Idea !!

I Would Love To Donate Some Goodies To Our Boys,,,,,,,

If Someone Has Info, Please Start A Thread !!!

But I Sure As Hell Ain't Sending No ''eric Crisp'' Items, So Don't Even Think About It !!!.....................alan...........

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
ccn7 said:
Does anyone have any information on how and where to send some cues to our troops. i have about 15 new barcues, one piece, some arent very straight but the majority of them are OK. Anyways any info to help support the troops would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You, Floyd (ccn7) Tibbetts
Floyd, I am currently in Afghanistan working for the Army. I have taked to Eric from Sugartree Cues a few times. We have two nine foot tables out here that we play on. There not bad, I helped put new cloth on a few months ago and I am working with a guy to get two new tables. I just put together a deal and bought a Scruggs cue for the Army to give away for first place at the weekly tournaments we have here. Anyway, I'm not asking for anything, just letting you know that there are pool players out here. I think it's really great what you are trying to do. Now if only the Super Billiards Expo would get here faster I would be ok!!!!!!!!!

Again Thank You, John