Shane Van Boening's World Record

raise1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This World Record just happened last week on July 10th, 2021 at Sandite Billiards & Grill in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where Shane Van Boening won 26 straight games. The score was 62-70 with Sky in the lead when Shane went on an unrelenting tear of 26 straight games win streak. By the time Shane finished his run, the score was 88-70. This has never happen before in a professional match and was unheard of.

What is even more amazing about this run is that Sky never pocketed one single ball during the 26 games streak. A few chances he had at the table were all "kick" shots.

Enjoy.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
That means, Sky was sitting in his chair/watching 2 straight hours. As impressive as the 626. His few beatdowns overseas got em rolling again. Only thing that may beat em at the US Open in Sept. are the short races to 9 in the knock out rounds.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Not a record. Dave Matlock not only won 28 straight racks, but he ran a 28-pack in doing so in bar table eight ball. That said, I don't think any feat performed on a bar table belongs in the record books.

Seriously? Any play on a bar table isn't pool? The next time you're face to face with Sky or SVB, you should say that to them. Any pro most likely grew up and honed their skills on a bar table. So to suggest that any records on a bar table are insignificant might be a bit offensive to many pool players. Good luck.

_______

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
That means, Sky was sitting in his chair/watching 2 straight hours. As impressive as the 626. His few beatdowns overseas got em rolling again. Only thing that may beat em at the US Open in Sept. are the short races to 9 in the knock out rounds.
I thought they were only doing race to nine in the qualifying rounds. In the knockout stage, I thought they plan to play races to 11. Further, I'd hardly call a strong run of excellence over a two hour period on a bar box to be an indication of what we should expect on the nine footers.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
This World Record just happened last week on July 10th, 2021 at Sandite Billiards & Grill in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where Shane Van Boening won 26 straight games. The score was 62-70 with Sky in the lead when Shane went on an unrelenting tear of 26 straight games win streak. By the time Shane finished his run, the score was 88-70. This has never happen before in a professional match and was unheard of.

What is even more amazing about this run is that Sky never pocketed one single ball during the 26 games streak. A few chances he had at the table were all "kick" shots.

Enjoy.

But thats 7ft table....Im sorry I normally never watch 7 ft table matches, I feel that pro's should never play on them too. I know many may disagree with me here as some people do love their barbox pool. But to me I just feel this is kid's table no disrespect here but I would buy this to my 7 yr son and as I said before. I feel that pro's should have more respect and just play on either 9ft or 10ft and just leave this barbox stuff out.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Seriously? Any play on a bar table isn't pool? The next time you're face to face with Sky or SVB, you should say that to them. Any pro most likely grew up and honed their skills on a bar table. So to suggest that any records on a bar table are insignificant might be a bit offensive to many pool players. Good luck.

_______
Didn't say it isn't pool, just said it shouldn't be in the record books. Comparing racks run on the kiddie tables to racks run on a real table is ridiculous. I don't need to tell it to Sky and Shane, because they already know it.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
But thats 7ft table....Im sorry I normally never watch 7 ft table matches, I feel that pro's should never play on them too. I know many may disagree with me here as some people do love their barbox pool. But to me I just feel this is kid's table no disrespect here but I would buy this to my 7 yr son and as I said before. I feel that pro's should have more respect and just play on either 9ft or 10ft and just leave this barbox stuff out.

I'm sure that SVB or Sky would gladly gamble with you on the kiddie tables. They are kiddie tables right? So you should probably run out every other rack. Shut your pie hole before you lose all your money.

_______

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I'm sure that SVB or Sky would gladly gamble with you on the kiddie tables. They are kiddie tables right? So you should probably run out every other rack. Shut your pie hole before you lose all your money.

_______
You're missing the point. I wouldn't beat Shane on 9ft table, why would I beat him on 7ft table and what would that prove? Absolutely nothing. If I listen to some singer sing a song on a radio and I go with "Oh he can't sing that song well" I bet you're the type of guy who will come with a comeback like "Ok then show us you sing it better than him", Do you see where I am going with this? don't be that guy. If I give an opinion of how 7ft isn't helping the game of pool as a whole and that it looks like some kiddo game that doesn't necessarily mean that I am the best 7ft player in the planet, I don't know even where you find this logic.

Pro's shouldn't belittle the game of pool by playing in these barbox. I'm sorry its just not helping our game grow. (Again Get_A_Grip, I hope you got a grip already and don't perceive this as I am saying I can beat shane on barbox, lol).

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
You guys are really jaded
to run 28 racks in anything
break run out break again run out 28 times in a row is a effing amazing accomplishment
Let’s give Dave the kudos and respect he deserves
Of course it's amazing.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
You're missing the point. I wouldn't beat Shane on 9ft table, why would I beat him on 7ft table and what would that prove? Absolutely nothing. If I listen to some singer sing a song on a radio and I go with "Oh he can't sing that song well" I bet you're the type of guy who will come with a comeback like "Ok then show us you sing it better than him", Do you see where I am going with this? don't be that guy. If I give an opinion of how 7ft isn't helping the game of pool as a whole and that it looks like some kiddo game that doesn't necessarily mean that I am the best 7ft player in the planet, I don't know even where you find this logic.

Pro's shouldn't belittle the game of pool by playing in these barbox. I'm sorry its just not helping our game grow. (Again Get_A_Grip, I hope you got a grip already and don't perceive this as I am saying I can beat shane on barbox, lol).

Don't worry. I know you can't beat him. But pool on any table is still pool. I'd prefer they play on 10 ft tables. But most amateur pool players in USA play on bar tables, and not only is there nothing wrong with it, if you think it's child's play, then become the bar table champ yourself

_______

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Don't worry. I know you can't beat him. But pool on any table is still pool. I'd prefer they play on 10 ft tables. But most amateur pool players in USA play on bar tables, and not only is there nothing wrong with it, if you think it's child's play, then become the bar table champ yourself

_______
You did it again! :(

KbvdkVYgUl.png

chenjy9

For those who don't like 7 footers, while I get where you are coming from, I got to ask... why stop there? Why not say the only tables that count are 12 footers? While 7 footers give easier shots, at the same time stroke and power control needs to become far more precise and shot planning also changes, sometimes drastically.

I wonder if snooker players feel the same way about American tables that some players seem to feel about 7 footers.