Shane Van Signs deal with RASSON??!!!!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guarantee you if B'wick called SVB and offered good $$ to pimp Gold Crown 6's he'd have one in his house. Too bad Brunswick's involvement in pool has basically evaporated in recent yrs. I wish Diamond would buy the rights to the GC, make then here in the US, and just dump the rest of B'wicks crappy tables in the shitter.
Diamond could not build a GC. All their tables are plain chunky wood because they don’t have the manufacturing capabilities Brunswick has. They would also ruin the proper bounce off the rail.

Anyway there is no value in the GC name anymore, IMO. So it would be a waste of money to buy the name.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond could not build a GC. All their tables are plain chunky wood because they don’t have the manufacturing capabilities Brunswick has. They would also ruin the proper bounce off the rail.

Anyway there is no value in the GC name anymore, IMO. So it would be a waste of money to buy the name.
Huh??? They could build it easy. B'wicks table are made by Yalin in China btw. Have you ever played on a current Blue label diamond? They play fine. Just 'cause you grew up on GC's(me too btw) doesn't mean the way they played was perfect either. You're used to it is why. Watch the videos on YT of how Diamonds are built. They are STOUT tables. The Professional uses oak butcher-block rails and TimberStrand frame rails. Also has 4 bolts per rail. Its built like a tank. They could easily add metal trim and produce a 'Diamond Crown'.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Pool is a global sport. Players have been sponsored by Chines co's for yrs. Cuetec was probably one of the first big Asian sponsors back when they signed Earl. What's SAD is the fact that Brunswick, once a HUGE backer of pool at both the pro and am levels, is now pretty much a non-entity in this area. All they do is assemble/sell tables made in China and do nothing as far as tournament/player involvement.
Brunswick is actually made in Indonesia and brazil. I just found that out. They also are emerging on the scene with their new coin op. Me being mostly a Diamond guy these days, not at all concerned about either of these. I will always sell and restore X amount of Brunswicks a year, but at the end of the day Diamond is #1 in commercial pool and 90% of my business is Diamond now. Brunswick #2 and Rasson barely has a market share. They do seem to have the concepts of how to market a sport, but, there is no need for their product in pool in the USA and the market will dictate that, its just my professional opinion. Rasson will never gain a foothold over either #1 or #2. Why would anyone really want one? They are only used in the Mosconi Cup and a few other tournaments and very few in pool rooms. Distribution is dicey because of "dealer Territories" and not to mention: ZERO NETWORK OF QUALIFIED MECHANICS TO INSTALL THEM.... << MOST IMPORANT PART, and the cost.... Its a chinese import, its high price and covid drove up the price of the Diamond.....At the end of the day it means less money in the USA POOL SCENE. Shane got paid, I get it, he neeeeds that money, but, if our industry was growing properly, he would not have to go to them......

TFT

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick is actually made in Indonesia and brazil. I just found that out. They also are emerging on the scene with their new coin op. Me being mostly a Diamond guy these days, not at all concerned about either of these. I will always sell and restore X amount of Brunswicks a year, but at the end of the day Diamond is #1 in commercial pool and 90% of my business is Diamond now. Brunswick #2 and Rasson barely has a market share. They do seem to have the concepts of how to market a sport, but, there is no need for their product in pool in the USA and the market will dictate that, its just my professional opinion. Rasson will never gain a foothold over either #1 or #2. Why would anyone really want one? They are only used in the Mosconi Cup and a few other tournaments and very few in pool rooms. Distribution is dicey because of "dealer Territories" and not to mention: ZERO NETWORK OF QUALIFIED MECHANICS TO INSTALL THEM.... << MOST IMPORANT PART, and the cost.... Its a chinese import, its high price and covid drove up the price of the Diamond.....At the end of the day it means less money in the USA POOL SCENE. Shane got paid, I get it, he neeeeds that money, but, if our industry was growing properly, he would not have to go to them......

TFT
You really think Rasson price is the reason Diamond raised their price?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

TFT

Think if I was a Starving Pro Pool Player, I would take money from most places I could.

I watch a lot of Pro Golf, some of the patches they wear on their ship have zero to do with Golf.

But friend in know say each endorsement comes with 50-100k annually.

Not bad for wear the Lexus “L” logo, sure Pool player would do same if offered. Like CDB/MD.👍

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You really think Rasson price is the reason Diamond raised their price?
part of it, yes, Usually an emerging product is offered at a discounted rate, not a substantially higher price. The Rasson is also sold at retail pricing and it was about $1200 higher for the OX than the Diamond Pro am. Diamond just increased dealer pricing again to reflect the dumbass prices of lumber, that does not affect end user pricing. We got hit twice in 5 months. It is what it is. I am happy to be where I am.

TFT

p.s. I am signed up to sell rasson and completely changed my tune about all of it. Aint pushin that stuff...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

TFT
Yalin makes parts of the GC, not all of it. B'wick themselves told me this. Slate comes from Brazil/China, wood from Indonesia and who knows who all makes the rest. Probably wherever they can get the best price. GC's are still quite popular in Japan but that's about the only place that buys the newer 5's and 6's in any quantity.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its good when someone takes it from overseas. at first you get mad but as time goes on the u.s. people soon have to match and beat . so competition produces better products and better wages and higher endorsements for players. not just immediately.
besides most all those cue stickers worn on players shirts are from companies that get their products from overseas.
and so is almost everything you buy and wear is made or partly made from cheap overseas manufacturers. and the reason for that is we as a consumer get a better deal from them.
the u.s. primarily only dominates with military in the world now. and our superiority that started after ww11 is slowly eroding with the equalization of the worlds large countries.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huh??? They could build it easy. B'wicks table are made by Yalin in China btw. Have you ever played on a current Blue label diamond? They play fine. Just 'cause you grew up on GC's(me too btw) doesn't mean the way they played was perfect either. You're used to it is why. Watch the videos on YT of how Diamonds are built. They are STOUT tables. The Professional uses oak butcher-block rails and TimberStrand frame rails. Also has 4 bolts per rail. Its built like a tank. They could easily add metal trim and produce a 'Diamond Crown'.
I’ve played on many Diamonds in several states over the past 25 years. Red, blue, blue with the rails after the fire. I don’t like any of them.

I went on the Diamond tour at DCC 3 different times. Might have been my favorite part of DCC. I almost pulled the trigger but simply can’t get over the way the rails play.

To each his own:)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its good when someone takes it from overseas. at first you get mad but as time goes on the u.s. people soon have to match and beat . so competition produces better products and better wages and higher endorsements for players. not just immediately.
besides most all those cue stickers worn on players shirts are from companies that get their products from overseas.
and so is almost everything you buy and wear is made or partly made from cheap overseas manufacturers.
Pool is FAR more popular in Asia then it EVER will be here. SVB is very well known to global pool fans. Rasson signing him is a good move on their part.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
yes and its good for pool both there and the u.s.
right now he is pool's biggest ambassador and likely to be a good one.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond chose to sign Fedor recently. I sure they could have signed SVB instead.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond chose to sign Fedor recently. I sure they could have signed SVB instead.
I doubt they're paying FG anything close to what SVB's getting. Rasson is a huge co. compared to Diamond. Go on their site and look at their factory. Looks like a car manuf. plant. BIG outfit.

Last edited: