Sharking doesn't exist.

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never going to understand why people complain about where pool is
gonna end up. Or how one person's behavior at the pool table ruins pool it's only going to
give pool recognition. Bad publicity is just as effective as good plublicity and
you just have to ask yourself, why do you let someone else get into your head it's
up to you on how you play. Blaming someone else for acting up doesn't change how the balls roll and
never will. Until you figure that out you'll always be getting mad at someone else for ruining your game your just
gonna have to laugh at them and keep playing. It's entertainment thats it, nothing more. I think sharking is only how you
let things get to you and your personal reaction to things. If you get sharked its because you let yourself get sharked.
you think every other major sport doesn't have their characters that some people either love or hate. Get over it and go
down to you pool hall and go play. That is the only way pool will get better imo. If you keep having negitive attitudes it
never will get better. How many times have you went up to a ball banging stranger and just asked to play for fun. Your
gonna have to start doing things like that and teaching the ball bangers how to play and get them hooked on pool. You like to
run racks, so teach the beginners how to play to they will have the same enjoyment that the rest of us do, just keep passing it on and
around the pool halls in hopes that we get millions of people hooked on pool. It's the only way to make it big. You might want to bash me
and this thread but thats ok because in the end I get the last laugh. I've been a member here for a long time, I don't want this post to make me
desert the forum for the heat i take for this. These are just all of my personal opinions they might not mean much to
you but it's how I feel. I almost gave up on pool because I couldn't make any money doing it and probably
never will so I had to ask myself "why do I even play pool anymore". Thinking back to when i started I said I'm
gonna be pro one day and years past and I wasn't even close to where I wanted to be. I wanted to just quit and this game will
make you go crazy if you play it for the wrong reason. I now just play to try and be the best I can be, not worrying about gambling or what
you or someone else thinks of my game. I've always been hard enough on myself when I mess up in pool and sometimes feel like i almost want to
cry. I act like earl sometimes, well maybe not to the extent he does but I've been mad at myself, broken cues, thrown cues, cussed only mad at me
never who ever i'm playing against. I remember when I first started playing my friends and I would purposly try and shark eachother so that nobody was
gonna be able to shark us, no matter what. You might say that I'm dumb for thinking this way, you might
say that sharking is real, but I think it's only in your own head you just have to say
goodbye to the distractions and focus, focus focus just for a few seconds while your down on a shot. You think a sniper
never has distractions while he is about to take a shot, or he blames a bird for him missing a target because the bird was chirping? I'm
gonna finish this post with me saying that no matter what happens with pool popular or unpopular I will never quit and i'll
tell anybody that. All I got to say now is that you have to just play your own game and not let other people bother you.
A friend once told me he was playing with Mark Tadd and Mark had banked about 30 balls in a row and so my friend said he threw an ice cube, no
lie, he threw a ice cube it hit mark in the head in the middle of his shot and mark drilled the ball into the pocket
and turned to him and said, "you can't phase me, B1tch!" I think that is the kind of mental game we all wish we could aquire, it wouldn't
hurt to have that focus and once your at that point I believe there isn't any such thing as sharking. It's up to
you.

Proof sharking isn't real.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My buddy who is 78, and one heck of a One Pocket Player said it best on day, "IF YOU HAVE TO CHEAT, & SHARK TO WIN!, WHAT HAVE YOU WON ?"

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
Disagree on your perception

I'm not sure how you personaly define " Sharking " To me it incorporates any and all conduct that could be considered " unsportsmanlike " If you choose to accept my definition... then yes it does exist. How you deal with it is usually determined by what form it takes. I would react differently to good natured ribbing than I would to outright cheating. Some forms of sharking can be tolerated and accepted without affecting your play, while others demand some action on your part. Sometimes a polite request is all that is needed, and other times refusing to play is the answer. I do believe that those who indulge in this deplorable activity, do so because of some insecurity on their part, looking to stack the deck in their favor because they fear losing......my $.02......Dan

Last edited:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
I tell you what, the formatting of your post is sharking me. Were you hitting "ENTER" at the end of each line of text? Not digging on you, but you do know that there is a word wrap feature on this forum that will put everything in neatly for you? Just type until you're finished and let the forum software to the rest. And, of course, separate your paragraphs. Again, not digging on you at all, just friendly advice if you weren't aware of how it works.
MULLY

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go back and read the first word of each line: -)

Now that's funny.. You just Rick rolled a Sharking thread! Nice... figured someday someone would work that in here at some point. Would be even better if you pulled it on an aiming thread. They could use some humor.

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go back and read the first word of each line: -)

I quit reading about half way down because I didn't like the formatting. Then after reading the first word of each line I can't stop laughing and not many things actually make me laugh out loud, but this one did.

Awesome, Dude!

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sharking

Did I get Rick Rolled or just a partial since I was going to reply then decided not to?
Good job buh.. ho lol

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I chalked the formatting up to "must be an eighty year old writing it up in MS Word 95". But I was wondering why it was so damn long. Now I know.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This essay on networking is where this all started. :)

http://forum.mmosite.com/topics/56/201010/24/6978,1.html

I'm the department head for a municipal department and have to submit a yearly report that is printed and distributed throughout the entire town ... I spent over 20 hours trying to format my departments report into a rick "roll format". It would of been epic. :)